PDA

View Full Version : Article about AC - Annualization, open world, etc (link)

dimbismp
05-01-2015, 05:12 PM
http://www.highscorereviews.com/2015/04/29/have-ubisofts-open-world-games-hit-a-dead-end/

GunnerGalactico
05-01-2015, 05:23 PM
Can't wait for Assassin_M to see that article. :p

Altair1789
05-01-2015, 11:49 PM
Can't wait for Assassin_M to see that article. :p

"Assassin's Creed II: The Perfect Sequel"

GIT EM, _M

Fatal-Feit
05-02-2015, 12:14 AM
I saw this a while ago. I stopped reading when he said AC2 made AC1 look like a tech demo. Um, AC1 has far better lighting, animations, and well, graphics in general, than AC2.

Xstantin
05-02-2015, 12:52 AM
I stopped reading when he said AC2 made AC1 look like a tech demo. Um, AC1 has far better lighting, animations, and well, graphics in general, than AC2.

But there's a lovely bullshot in that article XD
ACI did age better though imo

Fatal-Feit
05-02-2015, 12:55 AM

Yeah, exactly, AC2 looks nothing like that, even w/o the filter.

Namikaze_17
05-02-2015, 01:05 AM
Is this really anything new?

LoyalACFan
05-02-2015, 01:37 AM
The author is a little bit behind the curve, lol. Everybody has been calling out Ubisoft games like this for a couple of years now.

Mr.Black24
05-02-2015, 04:10 AM
I agree, ACI is like fine wine, sure there are new flavors out there that had surpassed it in different ways, but it aged nicely into a respectable classic that many go back to and still love to enjoy it none the less.

"Assassin's Creed II: The Perfect Sequel"

Hahahahaha, now I enjoy ACII very much, however, "Perfect" is very subjective. What I find Perfect, others find dumb or dull, like Connor! :p

GunnerGalactico
05-02-2015, 09:18 PM
^ The graphics in AC1 were far superior and made AC2's look like a PS2 title. AC1 even had better lighting and fabric physics.

The4orTy67
05-03-2015, 12:25 AM
Don't understand the recent hate for Ubisoft. I grew up with their Prince of Persias, their Splinter Cells and Beyond Good & Evil and still love their games. And their open world formula becaue it keeps me occupied and immersed in the game world.

Megas_Doux
05-03-2015, 10:20 PM
Don't understand the recent hate for Ubisoft.

Unity´s release and Watch dogs downgraded graphics. Plus AC´s overall fatigue.

Back on topic, annualization MUST stop!!!!!!!!!

For example I love Paris however for the sake of the open world, Unity lacked variety. I would have loved a countryside in which you could ride horses and carriages. Having a dense forest and, why not, being able to visit chateaux like this:

http://www.gralon.net/tourisme/jardins/jardin-le-potager-du-chateau-960_1.jpg

I also miss winter and a more solid weather cycle. Annual games not only rush the current mechanics, story and overall launching, but also cut possible features.

I would KILL for an AC with the attention to details of Rockstar......

VestigialLlama4
05-04-2015, 05:05 AM
For example I love Paris however for the sake of the open world, Unity lacked variety. I would have loved a countryside in which you could ride horses and carriages.

Well they didn't get Paris right. The real Paris of the 1780-1790s had heavy carriage traffic, there was traffic jams, fights between horseriders and so on. The game's version of Paris is quite false, mostly because the culture is all wrong, you can't have an anti-revolutionary game with an anti-revolutionary hero set in the most revolutionary city of history (Paris of the 1790s that is) and be even remotely authentic.

Sushiglutton
05-04-2015, 04:58 PM
Back on topic, annualization MUST stop!!!!!!!!!

Agree, this is a necessary condition for another great AC game imo. Without a break nothing else matters.

Ubisoft has so many qualities, but they get choked by the release pace.

ze_topazio
05-04-2015, 06:57 PM
I'm in favor of monthlyzation.