PDA

View Full Version : V.1.1.b Problems, problems!

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Hello,
Since i installed the new patch I expierience nothing but problems:

My Thrustmaster Cougar doesn't respond like it should,
Button functions have changed, throttle automaticly go's to fullpower!
The climbing movement on the stick will give you very little room before you stall,(Can't pull it back even not slowely)
reeinstalling the cougar does not help.

I can only fly for several minutes before my pc reboots!

This is not the worm virus, i have installed MS patch againsted that, and tryed to remove the responsible file but my pc doesn't have that file.

The rebooting started since the installation of the patch,
and is expierienced when fliyng FB. I dailly use my pc almost the entire day with out problems.

Please give me some serious advice, sadly bringing up these isues in the Technical support didn't give me any!
Since the patch it is crowded with people expieriencing simular and other problems, please don't ignore us. It is frustrating as a hardcore fan to see many possitiv remarks on the new patch in this forum when you yourself are not able to fly your favorite sim!

Regards,
kees.

Specs;

AMD 1900+ 1.6 Ghz
Bios AMIINT Version 1.00, 11/30/1
Bustype Pci,Isa,Usb
ports 1 parallel 2 serial
512 MB (30% utilized)
Hard disks; 19,14 GB & 10,6 GB
GF4 ti 4400
Audigy player Oem

XyZspineZyX
08-26-2003, 10:26 AM
Hello,
Since i installed the new patch I expierience nothing but problems:

My Thrustmaster Cougar doesn't respond like it should,
Button functions have changed, throttle automaticly go's to fullpower!
The climbing movement on the stick will give you very little room before you stall,(Can't pull it back even not slowely)
reeinstalling the cougar does not help.

I can only fly for several minutes before my pc reboots!

This is not the worm virus, i have installed MS patch againsted that, and tryed to remove the responsible file but my pc doesn't have that file.

The rebooting started since the installation of the patch,
and is expierienced when fliyng FB. I dailly use my pc almost the entire day with out problems.

Please give me some serious advice, sadly bringing up these isues in the Technical support didn't give me any!
Since the patch it is crowded with people expieriencing simular and other problems, please don't ignore us. It is frustrating as a hardcore fan to see many possitiv remarks on the new patch in this forum when you yourself are not able to fly your favorite sim!

Regards,
kees.

Specs;

AMD 1900+ 1.6 Ghz
Bios AMIINT Version 1.00, 11/30/1
Bustype Pci,Isa,Usb
ports 1 parallel 2 serial
512 MB (30% utilized)
Hard disks; 19,14 GB & 10,6 GB
GF4 ti 4400
Audigy player Oem

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 01:58 AM
Seems a little odd that a patch that changed the flight models and changed the sound system would cause as many problems as you have listed there.

I have no solutions except to keep trying to narrow down the problem. I asked questions on the tech support forum and nobody could really help me...I indeed had to help myself.

http://freespace.volitionwatch.com/icefire/icefire_tempest.jpg
"Never in the field of human conflict was so much owed by so many to so few." - Winston Churchill

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 08:09 AM
I am not the only one expieriencing these problems!

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 08:35 AM
I only see you here complaining...

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 03:22 PM
Geuss you havent visited the technical 'support'? Jabo,

anyway i have completly reinstalled FB (1.0) but strangely all the extra skins i downloaded and the player pilot name are still in there?
And so are the problems I am expieriencing since the patch!

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 03:46 PM
Flydutch wrote:
- Geuss you havent visited the technical 'support'?
- Jabo,
-
-
- anyway i have completly reinstalled FB (1.0) but
- strangely all the extra skins i downloaded and the
- player pilot name are still in there?
- And so are the problems I am expieriencing since the
- patch!

That's because after an un-install you also need to delete the IL2 Forgotten Battles folder from your hard disk.

<center> http://www.322squadron.com/banners/Giobanner.jpg </center>

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 04:23 PM
I can predicts that you are using the WinXP OS. The thing is XP doesn't like certain types of RAM and the patches from MS do not improve the situation. I spent hours scanning the forums when I had the same problem.

XyZspineZyX
08-27-2003, 05:49 PM
KG26_Thief wrote:
- XP doesn't like certain types of RAM

Is this supposed to be serious? lol

You're mixing hadware and software problems. RAM is either stable or unstable, whatever OS you might be using.

XyZspineZyX
08-28-2003, 06:15 AM
I am using XP pro,

Thnx for the serious remarks!