PDA

View Full Version : Tip to improve performance on NVIDIA cards

RVSage
04-30-2015, 07:48 PM
NVIDIA users

http://www.techspot.com/news/60519-nvidia-gpu-owners-can-use-nifty-tweak-boost.html

The above worked for me... Disabling the Nonsense shield streaming service.. improved my FPS across multiple settings.. my 1440p performance got better... TXAA on ACU seemed better

NVIDIA itself had put a performance killer...in its geforce xperience bundle... duhhhh :confused:

tunnelcat
05-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Hey thanks. I don't use the streamer service either, so I disabled it as per the link. I'll see what FPS improvements I get on my GTX 680.

JoxerTM22
05-01-2015, 09:33 PM
That can't help with GTX760. Probably with older cards can help to get 1-2 additional frames.
But why are people trying to solve it with nVidia? nVidia cannot optimize the game code.

tunnelcat
05-05-2015, 11:19 PM
Well, I have an Nvidia GTX 680 and it helped quite a bit. No more hesitations in several of my games that where having the issue. I'm of the opinion that if you don't use a service you're not using, why let it run? Maybe if I ever get a streaming device, I'll use the service, but not now. Nvidia should have made it an option to run or not in the first place.

jeffies04
05-07-2015, 11:04 AM
I recently got a streaming tablet, but damn, this would have been a great use before I did. In my opinion, if you have it set to streaming off, Experience should shut down the streaming service. Dunno why they'd write a program that way when its purpose is to do whatever it can to improve performance.