PDA

View Full Version : It puts the Random Map Generator in the bucket...

Strobe
04-30-2015, 05:30 AM
Sorry, Ubisoft. You do NOT get to call this the best HoMM without a random map generator (RMG). For me RMG was BY FAR the best feature of HoMM 3 and the reason why I still play it today on my old XP box. Yeah, I know HoMM 3 RMG was flawed, but it was STILL FUN! You guys still haven't bested HoMM 5 yet, which is the second best release in the series. Too bad the MP didn't work in that or it might have equalled HoMM 3 even without the RMG. Anyway, that's a lot of hollow brass for you to claim 7 will be best in the series when you failed with 6. Here's to earning my pre-order...:p

MacabiWarrior
04-30-2015, 05:14 PM
I agree, Random Map Generator is a must,
If not at release time then at least with one of the early patches.

I pre-ordered the delux today and I am looking forward to playing the Beta.
Homm V was my favorite with over 500 hours of play time.

leverite
04-30-2015, 05:50 PM
Agreed, RMG is really a must for a heroes game to have any real amount of a lifespan. I can understand if it doesn't make it for launch (as much as I'd like it to) but I probably wont purchase the game until it's implemented. I really don't want a repeat experience of H6; as in play through the content once and never touch it again.

Elle-One
05-01-2015, 03:09 PM
There probably won't be a RMG on release, but the chances are decent that it will appear at some point: 'And, while Le Breton couldn’t confirm it, he said “The community expect a random map generator and we want to have it but it’s a question of priority.” He said it seems to be possible and “it’s highly possible it will come after release.”'

Source: http://www.pcgamesn.com/heroes-of-might-magic-vii/heroes-of-might-magic-7-is-a-slave-to-its-conservative-fans which is a beautiful insight into the developers' minds by itself.

Coriollis1
05-02-2015, 04:29 PM
In the first HoMM 3 the random generator was not that good. Anyone can remember the problems until 8xm8 was possible regarding pathing (u couldn`t get mines), not to speak of water (or that most of people were playing without it), 2 castles were always banned aswel as a few airtifacts sets(so sick of Crag Hag vs Tazar every game) and externals and I could go on like this ...ALL DAY.

If I properly recall HoMM 3 had time until SoD to get things properly done and achieve a balance of castle development / time (not counting WoG which was a disaster) so I will give it some time to make this happen.

That beeing said yes, I agree with the top poster that a good random map generator (not HoMM 6 one) is indeed required to keep the game moving especialy online. I liked the one from HoMM 5 and I honestly hope that the devs are woking on that one (fingers crossed).

Fyrestorme
05-11-2015, 05:31 PM
the first official random map generator was in heroes 2

not sure why randomly generated maps are so often left out of modern heroes games releases

I don't know about implementation but it doesn't seem like it should be that hard to design - even with all the modern homm features