PDA

View Full Version : FM Changes from FB 1.22 to AEP?

Papa_K
03-23-2004, 10:35 PM
What flight characteristics have changed with AEP?

Bf-109K Changes:

The 109K has lost a lot of high speed maneuverablility, specifically in elevator response. Try to make corrections to get off a shot, go ahead and pull the stick into your lap -- very little happens. Haven't really tested all variants, but I didn't notice this as much in the G10.

(Prediction: In its current state the 109K will virtually disappear from dogfight servers.)

The change in high-speed elevator response doesn't seem to be across the board for all 109's, although I haven't tested thoroughly. If it's just the 109K, why?

(Is the 109K going to be the German version of the P-39J death-diver? For those that haven't tried it, in the P-38J, once you get into a 700kph+ dive, you're riding in an unguided prop-rocket. If your nose is buried enough, you're dead. The P-38L adds dive brakes, which don't just provide drag/braking, but give your nose an instant lift. Was the P-38's elevator really useless at high speed?)

Is it just me or has the 109K's climb ability improved in AEP? I'm getting an (approx.) 25kph increase in steady-state speed during a 20 degree climb.

P-51 changes:
Prone to blowing up at high speed, with or without adding any G's, i.e., even when non-maneuvering, with zero control inputs. I've had it happen anywhere from 750 to 950kph at different altitudes.

This may have been added to other aircraft types too.(?)

Did any other aircraft types lose or gain anything?

Papa_K

Papa_K
03-23-2004, 10:35 PM
What flight characteristics have changed with AEP?

Bf-109K Changes:

The 109K has lost a lot of high speed maneuverablility, specifically in elevator response. Try to make corrections to get off a shot, go ahead and pull the stick into your lap -- very little happens. Haven't really tested all variants, but I didn't notice this as much in the G10.

(Prediction: In its current state the 109K will virtually disappear from dogfight servers.)

The change in high-speed elevator response doesn't seem to be across the board for all 109's, although I haven't tested thoroughly. If it's just the 109K, why?

(Is the 109K going to be the German version of the P-39J death-diver? For those that haven't tried it, in the P-38J, once you get into a 700kph+ dive, you're riding in an unguided prop-rocket. If your nose is buried enough, you're dead. The P-38L adds dive brakes, which don't just provide drag/braking, but give your nose an instant lift. Was the P-38's elevator really useless at high speed?)

Is it just me or has the 109K's climb ability improved in AEP? I'm getting an (approx.) 25kph increase in steady-state speed during a 20 degree climb.

P-51 changes:
Prone to blowing up at high speed, with or without adding any G's, i.e., even when non-maneuvering, with zero control inputs. I've had it happen anywhere from 750 to 950kph at different altitudes.

This may have been added to other aircraft types too.(?)

Did any other aircraft types lose or gain anything?

Papa_K

Gershy
03-24-2004, 01:15 AM
Oleg, the 109s and concrete elevators have a looong tradition and it's completely useless to say anything about it. The 109s elevators were indeed heavy at high speeds but strangely enough the "i have exact data from russian sources"-data for FM seems to change each time we get a patch because "one of our programmers made a mistake with data". Sorry I'm usually not whinning around here BUT as I said I wonder myself which is the right FM as it changes COMPLETELY in each little patch.

-----------------------------

So long.We wish you well.
You told us how you weren't afraid to die.
Well then, so long.Don't cry.
Or feel too down.
Not all martyrs see divinity.
But at least you tried.

Zayets
03-24-2004, 01:38 AM
I think P38 was a flying rocket on the way down if you lost your control surfaces.All sources I have read (from game manuals to www sites) state this. Is good to know this.I'm glad Oleg didn't forgot this.

Zayets out
http://server5.uploadit.org/files/Zayets-iar80pic.jpg