PDA

View Full Version : We do not want a broken game

leverite
04-28-2015, 07:04 PM
In regards to the recent announcement of the Heroes VII Pre-Order:

Perhaps I'm being presumptuous in saying this, but I have little to no faith that this game is actually 1 month away from being beta ready. As a long time fan of the series and speaking on behalf of like minded individuals, we would much rather have a complete, working, bug-free experience than an unfinished product. As of this date, we still have not seen the website completed, 2 of the factions don't even have their pages up yet, and key game play features are still being regularly announced. I realize the difference between announcement dates compared to the actual completion on the product; however, this is giving myself and I'm sure many others a sense of unrest and uneasiness. Heroes 7 is giving us the sense that it is far from complete.

It's not my intention to come bearing down and be disrespectful to Ubisoft, but lets call a spade a spade shall we? The recent announcement of the pre-order reeks of a publisher trying to prematurely push development into a fiscally beneficial release window. While this may be good for business, I really wish you wouldn't tarnish our beloved franchise further by doing so. I'm going to skip a sub-rant on pre-order culture killing the games industry, because you don't want to hear it.

Heroes 6 had a fantastically terrible launch from a consumer standpoint, in fact many facets of this game remain broken to this very day. On a personal note, I cannot even play Heroes 6 anymore (or any other uplay enabled game), due to a horrible uPlay bug. If you require a good source of DRM for your game, consider using steam and ditching uPlay, I know it's your first party software, but uPlay alone can probably account for more than half the issues H6 had. A game like this has really hurt consumer trust. I'll admit it may not be as bad as heroes IV's launch (does anyone else remember 'Multiplayer coming soon'?), but it's not far away from it. After H6 it really feels like a slap to the face of fans who are looking to help you build a better game; having the H7 beta as a pre-order bonus.

Fortunately, with this new itiration of the franchise you have an excellent resource at your disposal; the fans and community. You may believe that your 'Shadow Council' only represents a small fraction of the people that will buy your game and therefore are not indicative of your user base. I would implore you to reconsider, and heed these people's comments. They may be small in terms of number, however these are the biggest fans of the series and can be more indicative than you think. We know that it is possible for you to create a good game, H5 was actually pretty good. We love Heroes, we want to help you make it better, please let us.

P.S. I'm sorry but it has to be said, putting Solmyr behind a paywall is a total d^&# move, and you know it.

Woopertooper
05-02-2015, 01:58 PM
Well said, I agree with pretty much all of this.

deathspenlaty
05-06-2015, 09:25 AM
Oh they do consider the input from the "shadow council", but they know that no matter how much that shadow council will be worried about the direction the game is taking, or how many bad decisions there are for the consumer (especially the artefacts, hero and scenario paywall) these people are the ones who will buy the game no matter what.

Honestly, such long term fans that were not discouraged by all the things after homm 4? And still bought everything up to now? Ofc they are going to buy homm 7 even if it were so to say, a turd on a plate.

Ubisoft is learning from big daddy EA. Take a franchise, milk its popularity, then put it in a grave. Played a bit of homm 6 i did not buy it, but luckily (or sadly) a friend had bought it, and already there i was really dissapointed because of the online only artefacts thing.

And oh boy homm 7 is worse before it even launches. I won't pay 100 eur for this. But if i don't im not getting the full game? No thanks ubisoft.

Maybe you should try doing what valve does. And be actually friendly to the consumer and not try to squeeze them dry. Valve was friendly and you never felt cheated or forced to buy more because you would not get the whole game with them, and thats why people are so happy to spend their money there.

LichArch
12-24-2015, 06:57 PM
Fortunately, with this new itiration of the franchise you have an excellent resource at your disposal; the fans and community. You may believe that your 'Shadow Council' only represents a small fraction of the people that will buy your game and therefore are not indicative of your user base. I would implore you to reconsider, and heed these people's comments. They may be small in terms of number, however these are the biggest fans of the series and can be more indicative than you think. We know that it is possible for you to create a good game, H5 was actually pretty good. We love Heroes, we want to help you make it better, please let us.

Amen.

Sadly Ubisoft has managed to chase away most prominent members of the Shadow Council and a majority of them simply stopped to contribute. The MM Team has also openly dismissed many critics and suggestions made by dedicated fans in order to improve the game. Some people really pinpointed crucial problems but the answer (that is when there was one) was "we disagree with you".

GMnemonic
12-24-2015, 08:22 PM
Amen.

Sadly Ubisoft has managed to chase away most prominent members of the Shadow Council and a majority of them simply stopped to contribute. The MM Team has also openly dismissed many critics and suggestions made by dedicated fans in order to improve the game. Some people really pinpointed crucial problems but the answer (that is when there was one) was "we disagree with you".

im still here but people critisize me from ppointing critiques out.. the roles are reversed nowadays xD

Marathronite
12-25-2015, 07:46 PM
im still here but people critisize me from ppointing critiques out.. the roles are reversed nowadays xD

Yes it seems that's a new trend, attack people who dare post negative feedback. Again it wouldn't happen so much if the game was good.

MoritzBradtke
12-25-2015, 08:36 PM
negative Feedback is nothing bad but it is no Feedback to say "this game is bad, it will never be good, it is a rotting corpse etc."
some poeple just dont know how to give Feedback, feeback means saying something negative in a nice way and giving Solutions what could be done to Change the negative aspects
also it is nice to say something positive at the same time, something u like about the game f.e
that doesnt mean the one critisized will accept the critic, sometimes a critic isnt valid or wrong, or it just can't be done, People also make mistakes, but giving a adequate critic is always welcome and if enough People do it, they may Change mind on certain aspects or just Change aspects of the game

LichArch
12-25-2015, 09:20 PM
negative Feedback is nothing bad but it is no Feedback to say "this game is bad, it will never be good, it is a rotting corpse etc."

Excuse me but this is exactly feedback. Not constructive granted, but feedback nonetheless.

And if I may, fanrage is nothing but a consequence of constant constructive feedback that was ignored, for years.

eidand
12-26-2015, 02:21 PM
some poeple just dont know how to give Feedback, feeback means saying something negative in a nice way and giving Solutions what could be done to Change the negative aspects
also it is nice to say something positive at the same time, something u like about the game f.e
that doesnt mean the one critisized will accept the critic, sometimes a critic isnt valid or wrong, or it just can't be done, People also make mistakes, but giving a adequate critic is always welcome and if enough People do it, they may Change mind on certain aspects or just Change aspects of the game

I totally agree with you. Just wish more would understand these points.

eidand
12-26-2015, 02:24 PM
Excuse me but this is exactly feedback. Not constructive granted, but feedback nonetheless.

And if I may, fanrage is nothing but a consequence of constant constructive feedback that was ignored, for years.

Hang on a minute, on one hand you said you didn't know what to expect, but on the other hand you said you knew your feedback has been ignored for years .... but yet you did not know what to expect. So, you did know what to expect and now you're moaning that the same thing happened again ....

Ynletarr
12-26-2015, 02:51 PM
No more broken games no more Ubisoft!!!!!