PDA

View Full Version : I'm falling in love with the Brewster!

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:08 AM
This plane is great. I at first overlooked it as a peice of junk but have an total new respect for it after flying it online. It has decent speed, great manuverability, the 50 caliber machine guns can down just about any plane, it doesn't overheat, its got a great gun sight, and its absolutely fun to fly. Don't overlook this little gem/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:08 AM
This plane is great. I at first overlooked it as a peice of junk but have an total new respect for it after flying it online. It has decent speed, great manuverability, the 50 caliber machine guns can down just about any plane, it doesn't overheat, its got a great gun sight, and its absolutely fun to fly. Don't overlook this little gem/i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 04:23 AM
The Brewster is a delightful plane indeed. You might have added it's got great vision thanks to that big greenhouse canopy.

And if they will correct the flight model in the supposedly upcoming patch, it will be even better; and if they will correct the effects of the .50-caliber machine gun, it will be even more lethal; and if they will fix the bugs so the instruments work correctly and the sun doesn't shine through the front end, it will be just about perfect.

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 05:02 AM
its real fun to fly, i flew it sround a while back goofing off (mainly buzzing people when they were taking off) and an La-7 came (lets just say i asked for it) anyway i ended up shooting it down. /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Death is only the beginning

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 05:47 AM
It's a beuti to fly. Hell i just shot down a whole pile of he-111. It's really good at shooting down those little french aircraft that are impossible to shoot down with the focke wulfs. Works great on the macci's

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 06:06 AM
In a DF, the Uber Hurricane pilots can be baffled if you handle the Brewster right. I love this Aircraft. Made by a Horse drawn carrige maker the Brewster had a 20+ to 1 kill ratio in Finnish hands. Outnumbered in the pacific, it did not do so well. However if I have to go blue I allways look for it. Love that visibility and addictive T&B capability. Keep it fast and its fun

XyZspineZyX
07-03-2003, 07:34 AM
Maico_249th wrote:
- In a DF, the Uber Hurricane pilots can be baffled if
- you handle the Brewster right. I love this
- Aircraft. Made by a Horse drawn carrige maker the
- Brewster had a 20+ to 1 kill ratio in Finnish hands.
- Outnumbered in the pacific, it did not do so well.
- However if I have to go blue I allways look for it.
- Love that visibility and addictive T&B capability.
- Keep it fast and its fun
-

You have to take Hurri down quickly, because in TnB Hurri will gain upper hand (this is incorrect). Pilots tell that Hurri was the easiest plane to kill of all Brewster's opponents.

And the reason why kill ratio was so good is that Finns (as being even more outnumbered AFAIK) used BnZ and team tactics extensively; only Hurricane was to be fighted with TnB, because "it was totally in our mercy below 3000m".

Summa summarun: Brewster IS a joy to fly, but you cannot fight with it as it was done in RL. If the server is full of La-7's and Yak-3's (as usual) I fly with G6, otherwise I use Brewster. I especially love its visibility and incorrect sights (as Revi's ring is too small).