PDA

View Full Version : Why is UbiSoft Crapping on Nintendo gamers?

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok, I love UbiSoft games, and in the past they treated Nintendo gamers just as good if not better than everyone else. WHAT is the deal now? I have to wait until December for B G & E while both Ps2 and Xbox gamers get it in November almost 4 WEEKS earlier!!!!! This sucks, why do this and then when the game doesn't sell as well since everyone will have bought it for other systems blame Nintendo? The same goes for Prince of Persia! It comes out like 2 weeks later on the Cube, that suX. I would have thought out of all the companies out there UbiSoft would have not done stuff like this to it's gamers. ThanX a lot. At least there is hope that the GCN versions of Ubi's games might be better than the others but probably not.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 04:44 PM
Ok, I love UbiSoft games, and in the past they treated Nintendo gamers just as good if not better than everyone else. WHAT is the deal now? I have to wait until December for B G & E while both Ps2 and Xbox gamers get it in November almost 4 WEEKS earlier!!!!! This sucks, why do this and then when the game doesn't sell as well since everyone will have bought it for other systems blame Nintendo? The same goes for Prince of Persia! It comes out like 2 weeks later on the Cube, that suX. I would have thought out of all the companies out there UbiSoft would have not done stuff like this to it's gamers. ThanX a lot. At least there is hope that the GCN versions of Ubi's games might be better than the others but probably not.

XyZspineZyX
11-01-2003, 08:33 PM
First off, do not demand respect from people if you intend to use words like "ThanX". It only serves to give us the impression that you cannot type properly, like all the other garbage on the internet. This is not the middle of a game, you have the time to type out words.

And it's rather dumb of you to just assume that Ubisoft thinks "Hehehe, we hate Gamecubers. We're going to delay the release for THEM! We hate them! Call up the Gamecube porting department and tell them to take a few days off work and wipe their harddrives." Ubisoft, like most companies out there, wants and likes to make money. Delaying the release for one console over another only serves to hurt their sales a little.

Chalk it up to Ubisoft hating you and your freinds, DarthMilkShake. Because they do. They're delaying the game release JUST for you. Oh no, it's impossible to think that they might just have to have a longer time porting it to the Cube or have to recode certain things for the Cube's wacky architechture. No way, its Ubisoft crapping on Cube users. That's definately it. Imma go start a flame at them on the boards! Aww crap, MilkShake beat me to it! Shucks.

Yup, delayed because you started this stupid post.

LM

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 06:55 PM
DarkMilkShake -- LazerMane is correct, although very sarcastic. It's not that Ubisoft hates GCN gamers, but rather that a business decision needs to be made regarding how a game will be released -- it's not generally possible to release for all the platforms at the same time. We don't hate GCN gamers though!

XyZspineZyX
11-03-2003, 07:09 PM
Whether you like his attitude or not is irrelevant. The fact remains that Nintendo will continue to lose sales because of later release dates. I just called Gamespot and changed my order from Gamecube to PS2. I'm NOT waiting until December.

XyZspineZyX
11-04-2003, 08:46 PM
I really can't imagine UbiSoft would be doing this intentionally. Probably some red tape that's holding up the GameCube stuff, or maybe there were some extra glitches they're smoothing out.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 01:15 AM
WOW! You must be really board to have made the response that you did... What a waste of time! Anyway, it is purely a case of Ubi Soft figuring that the game will sell less on the Cube, as I stated earlier, when there is no proof of that. Heck, IGN Cube seems to give more story time to this game than any other!!! You would think that with the recent surge in GameCube system sales, these corporate dillholes would rethink their strategy.... Maybe not though.

XyZspineZyX
11-05-2003, 02:43 AM
Is it just me or does it seem like a lot of games are delayed for Cube, not just Ubisoft's? Since I had that impression I always chalked it up to porting issues. I guess it's possible that before GC had the price drop and picked up sales, companies put a lower priority on it, but it just doesn't seem that likely to me.