PDA

View Full Version : PC [IMPORTANT] Assassin's Creed III crashes after every game session

sqkrt
04-24-2015, 07:06 PM
This is it. The game crashes whenever a session is finished with a bug report message. I asked some of my friends and everyone has this problem. Could be related to the latest Uplay update, I don't know. Ubisoft, ACIII community begs you to fix this as soon as possible.

Update: This (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1078048-Assassin-s-Creed-III-crashes-after-every-game-session?p=10749821&viewfull=1#post10749821)could help you.

Rachit.
04-25-2015, 06:25 AM
Everything is fine till new update shows. My game crashes too even personalizing characters , in session etc this is so annoying :confused: i post ticket to uplay support too they thought its my problem. I hope they fix it soon !

nyxnem
04-25-2015, 01:20 PM
Same here. After the last Uplay update we all have the same problem. I have no friend list anymore, game crashes at the end of a session.

Sneaky.Panda
04-25-2015, 07:59 PM
Same here, no friends list and crashes before each session finish

SneakyKaribou
04-25-2015, 08:02 PM
Come on ubi you have to do something about it,
when there had no public session we could do private but now it's no more possible
when we don't have friends list inside the game, we can't invite anyone...

So : (crashes) + (no possibility play private) = no game/no pleasure

Ubi-Kay
04-26-2015, 11:19 AM
Hello everyone.

Please ensure you have all submitted a question through the support site regarding this issue.

Thanks

Lady.Charlotte
04-27-2015, 02:14 AM
Huh, and Iíve thought it was only me... Anyway, Iíve posted a question as well, so hopefully someone will answer and fix this soon. :confused:

JoYrOmiBOY
04-27-2015, 05:21 AM
It seems everyone in ACIII community is facing the same issue of crashing and missing friend list since the new uplay update was on roll. And UBISOFT seems reluctant to make a fix. One of my friend had already raised a ticket at support but UBISOFT responded with some infelicitous and junk stuff. I strongly urge UBISOFT to take the matter seriously and make things right ASAP. You don't wanna loose your valuable players UBISOFT i hope. :nonchalance::(

ValkyChan
04-28-2015, 05:48 PM
Soooooo you're telling me I just bought AC3 on PC and it won't work ! Isn't updating a game about making it better ?
Please Ubi, make it work. And stop updating the game if all you can do is breaking it...

Lignjoslav
05-02-2015, 12:00 PM
This is still happening! First when Unity launched the ACIII downloads were corrupt for months, now this. Come on, Ubisoft, if you want to stop supporting a game you're still selling, grow a pair and say so!

ValkyChan
05-02-2015, 02:27 PM
Come on Ubi I wanna play AC3 ! Do you need so much time to fix a problem on PC...
I've been playing ACR for a few days but it's not as fun as AC3 !

PLEASE EVERYONE Spam Ubisoft Support with tickets :mad:

sqkrt
05-02-2015, 03:13 PM
I posted a ticket on 29th of April. Ubisoft replied with inquiry to send them dxdiag, msinfo32 and launcher/network logs. So I did yesterday and now waiting for a response. One can actually still play the game, but has to disconnect just before the end of a session, which is extremelly annoying. Not to mention you can't invite friends and accepting invites from "people you may know" crashes the game too.

ValkyChan
05-02-2015, 03:56 PM
I posted a ticket on 29th of April. Ubisoft replied with inquiry to send them dxdiag, msinfo32 and launcher/network logs. So I did yesterday and now waiting for a response. One can actually still play the game, but has to disconnect just before an end of a session, which is extremelly annoying. Not to mention you can't invite friends and accepting invites from "people you may know" crashes the game too.

Yeah, so if Ubi could please fix it as soon as possible, that'd be great.
Because AA with Money Bomb and Disguise is not really cool you know. Still level 1, can't level up.

Lady.Charlotte
05-02-2015, 11:52 PM
Hi everyone!

As I said in my previous post, Iíve submitted a question :confused: and I was advised to uninstall and reinstall the game (so the newest update installs properly or something like that) but this didnít work out for me. After describing some other issues Iíve had with the game (like having one ďfunnyĒ Deathmatch session where everyone was freezing around me during stuns and kills while Iíve ran across at least eight ďtechnical difficultiesĒ or being unable to change my set of abilities in Manhunt), Iíve been told this:

ďI have looked in to this for you and have found there are some known issues since the re-release and details have already been sent along through to the dev team so hopefully they can improve the game and get these resolved.

If there is anything that you should need to do manually, the solution will appear as an FAQ on the support section of our website (www.support.ubi.com) or it will start working for you automatically if its fixed via an update.Ē

Just thought Iíd let you guys know. :)

alfdib
05-03-2015, 11:41 AM
Same here, and also another freind of mine has the same...
Is it everyone in AC3 has this problem or just fews?

sqkrt
05-05-2015, 03:54 PM
Same here, and also another freind of mine has the same...
Is it everyone in AC3 has this problem or just fews?

Everyone I contacted had this problem. But it is entirely possible there are people, that are not experiencing this kind of issue. I sometimes reconnect to the same lobby after leaving it where a gamemode seems to be changed through the voting, therefore some people in the lobby were not disconnected.

Ubisoft still didn't reply to my message with logs. Starting to wonder whether I should message them again.

sqkrt
05-07-2015, 01:44 PM
Possible fix

So, Ubisoft replied me with some suggestions based on my logs. And though unlikely, it seemed to work.

Here's what I had to do:

Install NVIDIA GeForce Experience and update drivers using it.
Update DirectX.
Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp" by typing %Temp% as a path and pressing Enter. Ctrl+A to select all files, and Shift+Delete to remove everything.
Restart the computer and play the game.

Here's Ubisoft's reply (in Russian).

Helen @Служба поддержки Ubisoft 05/05/2015 @ 19:06
В первую очередь установите все доступные обновления для ОС через панель управления Windows > Windows Update
Затем выполните следующие действия:
Пожалуйста, выполните следующие рекомендации:

1. Отключите приложения фона:

Чтобы сделать это, перейдите в меню Пуск на рабочем столе (или, в случае использования Windows Vista / Windows 7 нажмите клавишу Windows, и буква R в то же время)
Введите MSCONFIG и нажмите Enter
Перейдите на вкладку Автозагрузка
Выберите опцию, отключить все
Нажмите кнопку Применить, затем Закрыть, затем выбрать опцию Перезагрузить

*Имейте в виду, что это только временное решение, и любые изменения можно отменить, вернувшись к утилите MSCONFIG, повторно выбрав пункт "Обычный запуск*

2. Очистите временные файлы:
Чтобы сделать это, перейдите в меню Пуск на рабочем столе (или, в случае использования Windows Vista / Windows 7 нажмите клавишу Windows, и буква R в то же время)
Введите% TEMP% и нажмите клавишу ввода.
Изменить и выберите Все.
Файл / Удалить.
ПРИМЕЧАНИЕ: Если вы используете Windows 7, выделите файлы, которые вы должны нажать Ctrl + A вместе. После того как файлы будут выделены, то вам нужно нажать кнопку Удалить.

3. Обновите драйвера для вашей звуковой карты, так как они устарели:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/

4. Обновите драйвера для вашей видео карты, поскольку они устарели:
http://www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=ru

5. Обновите компоненты DirectX,скачав и установив последнюю версию по ссылке ниже:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

6. Программы эмуляции, такие как Cyberlink, Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools or Nero, Comodo, а также uTorrent, Hamachi могут вызвать конфликт. Необходимо отключить или удалить эти программы во время запуска.
Попробуйте, пожалуйста, также переустановить игру.

ValkyChan
05-07-2015, 06:03 PM
Possible fix

So, Ubisoft replied me with some suggestions based on my logs. And though unlikely, it seemed to work.

Here's what I had to do:

Install NVIDIA GeForce Experience and update drivers using it.
Update DirectX.
Open "C:\Users\<username>\AppData\Local\Temp" by typing %Temp% as a path and pressing Enter. Ctrl+A to select all files, and Shift+Delete to remove everything.
Restart the computer and play the game.

Here's Ubisoft's reply (in Russian).

Helen @Служба поддержки Ubisoft 05/05/2015 @ 19:06
В первую очередь установите все доступные обновления для ОС через панель управления Windows > Windows Update
Затем выполните следующие действия:
Пожалуйста, выполните следующие рекомендации:

1. Отключите приложения фона:

Введите MSCONFIG и нажмите Enter
Перейдите на вкладку Автозагрузка
Выберите опцию, отключить все
Нажмите кнопку Применить, затем Закрыть, затем выбрать опцию Перезагрузить

*Имейте в виду, что это только временное решение, и любые изменения можно отменить, вернувшись к утилите MSCONFIG, повторно выбрав пункт "Обычный запуск*

2. Очистите временные файлы:
Введите% TEMP% и нажмите клавишу ввода.
Изменить и выберите Все.
Файл / Удалить.
ПРИМЕЧАНИЕ: Если вы используете Windows 7, выделите файлы, которые вы должны нажать Ctrl + A вместе. После того как файлы будут выделены, то вам нужно нажать кнопку Удалить.

3. Обновите драйвера для вашей звуковой карты, так как они устарели:
http://www.realtek.com.tw/

4. Обновите драйвера для вашей видео карты, поскольку они устарели:
http://www.nvidia.ru/Download/index.aspx?lang=ru

5. Обновите компоненты DirectX,скачав и установив последнюю версию по ссылке ниже:
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?familyid=2DA43D38-DB71-4C1B-BC6A-9B6652CD92A3&displaylang=en

6. Программы эмуляции, такие как Cyberlink, Alcohol 120%, Daemon Tools or Nero, Comodo, а также uTorrent, Hamachi могут вызвать конфликт. Необходимо отключить или удалить эти программы во время запуска.
Попробуйте, пожалуйста, также переустановить игру.

Did anyone try this. Not really confident.

ValkyChan
05-07-2015, 07:31 PM
FINALLY It works again. Now it just needs players.

Lignjoslav
05-09-2015, 10:23 AM
It's been fixed in the latest Uplay patch and the people are playing again, huzzah! :)

ValkyChan
05-09-2015, 12:34 PM
It's been fixed in the latest Uplay patch and the people are playing again, huzzah! :)

I still can't play. I can't join any sessions, no one can join me. If it was about my internet, then I couldn't play on PS3 & PS4 as I do.
What's wrong ? Wifi, ethernet, even my mobile connexion (4G) won't work.

Please help.... That's so frustrating

Edit : By the way, I don't have this issue with ACR. I can join a session easily. A bit harder on AC4 but it doesn't matter. what matters is AC3.

keshu2007
01-30-2017, 01:37 PM
so i was running assasins creed 3 for the first time. It went pretty smooth. but after the first cutscene, just as the world loads, I take a step, and the game crashes. it does not crash until i move my character. I am running a windows 10 pc with 4 GB ram. Hope to get a solution soon.
Request ubisoft to solve my issue

StewieGriffin66
07-26-2017, 08:11 PM
I have a problem with Assassins Creed 3, on Windows 8.1 Intel i7-965 GTX770.
A. It randomly CTD on new sequence/area loading.
B. It crashes on game closing.

Solution to my crash problem is to switch AC3 to run only on one thread, at least for the time of loading.
I alt+tab after it loads, and switch on some more threads but...
if it goes back to loading, it will crash again. So you will have to switch to a single thread back and forth because it affects performance on a single thread, and so on.

So far that's the only working solution for me on Windows 8.1.

P.S. Don't know if it matters, but I disabled thread optimisation support in NVidia > Assassins Creed 3 Settings.

Still would be nice if UBISOFT would actually update the solution.