PDA

View Full Version : Excitement for "Victory"?

Zero_Regen
04-24-2015, 05:45 AM
With E3 2 months away, we'll most likely get something regarding the new title. I personally am excited to see more of the game. The screenshots are very cool looking, but i'm curious what anyone who wants to share thinks.

wvstolzing
04-24-2015, 10:09 AM
Check out the speculation thread for discussion pertaining to period, setting, etc. We don't have too much to go on, but people have spotted interesting things on the kotaku screenschots.

Altair1789
04-24-2015, 08:15 PM
I keep telling myself not to fall into their hype but this time they got me with only 4 screenshots after a buggy release. I think it's the setting

Matknapers18
04-24-2015, 08:34 PM
Ive done a great job of maintaining a low hype and expectation level. Not even interested in Victory at the moment. Doesn't excite me at all. Im not gonna be Ubisoft's lap dog and support them and endorse their new products after the crap they are pulling. Im not gonna be the AC fan thats quick to rip apart Unity and then immediately express my excitement for the next instalment.

Plus all we've seen are some target footage screenshots, which are 100% not representative of the game. I'll wait for raw gameplay before making any judgment.

m4r-k7
04-24-2015, 08:45 PM
Suprisingly, even though Victorian London is one of my most wanted settings, I am just not that excited for Victory. Its probably because there are so many other games this year such as The Witcher, Batman, MGS, Just Cause 3 etc. I mean I guess I am excited to see a trailer / gameplay but my hype for AC is no where near as high as it normally is. Maybe its because Unity left a sour taste in my mouth I dno.

EmbodyingSeven5
04-24-2015, 08:48 PM
meh. so many things I didn't like in unity will most likely be carried over for victory. tis the ubisoft fashion.
on the other hand though ubi has a tendency of making great games in general after disappointments

AC3-AC4
AC-AC2

haven't really hyped for an AC since AC 4

Megas_Doux
04-24-2015, 08:52 PM
Looking forward? Yes.
Hyped? No.

Shahkulu101
04-24-2015, 09:07 PM
Not particularly excited, there's so many games now that with each release I'm a little less enthusiastic.

However, I'm looking forward to seeing and reading more about the game and E3 can't come sooner. Needless to say though, I'll be taking all preview coverage with a pinch of salt.

I have to say that I think Victory will be a good one since it's very likely that it will be building on the back of Unity in terms of the mechanics and mission design, but my hopes aren't up just yet.

wvstolzing
04-24-2015, 10:05 PM
For me the interest is virtual-touristic anyhow.

The games give me a 3d representation of the city that's far better looking than what I'm able to see on Google Earth. I'd like to visit those places, but I know I'll never be able to, in real life; that's about it.

Xstantin
04-24-2015, 10:58 PM
Somewhat excited. Mostly it's because of the setting. It's funny but right now I'm more interested in the potential art book than the game itself. The look of the cities is the thing I'm sticking with the games for.

ze_topazio
04-25-2015, 12:37 AM
Victorian London is not a setting that excites me much, and after so many months since the leak any excitement I had already faded.

RVSage
04-25-2015, 01:37 AM
It's okay to be excited.. I have zeroed my expectations... So that I get a better experience... (I did like Unity graphics and new mechanics.. Hated the storyline and lack of modern day setting).. Again it was buggy..

Just like ACIII to AC IV saw a huge quality improvement( Iterations of the same engine)

I really "hope" it is the case with the next installment.. But I wouldn't count on it..

I guess the chronicles India and China are next in line.. And we have Arkham Knight releasing in June.. so I will really start digging on Victory only in late June beyond E3

The_Kiwi_
04-25-2015, 01:37 AM
Victory might not even be this year's game
We may get something else entirely this year
Victory's leak is so dry that I'm going into E3 thinking "I wonder what AC game will release this year"

RVSage
04-25-2015, 01:40 AM
Victory might not even be this year's game
We may get something else entirely this year
Victory's leak is so dry that I'm going into E3 thinking "I wonder what AC game will release this year"

One thing I have learned over the years is that. Kotaku's AC leaks are never wrong... They are bang on target.. And the quality of the screenshots makes it clear it is indeed the game.. However the question is.. If it is just London or more...

The_Kiwi_
04-25-2015, 01:47 AM
One thing I have learned over the years is that. Kotaku's AC leaks are never wrong... They are bang on target.. And the quality of the screenshots makes it clear it is indeed the game.. However the question is.. If it is just London or more...

Yeah... so?
Doesn't negate my point
Ubisoft makes multiple AC games at one, Victory could be 2016's game

Altair1789
04-25-2015, 01:56 AM
Ok, let me restate what I said before

I'm really excited to see something. I'm not hyped, but I'm excited because it's going to be in Victorian London and supposedly have ride-able trains

Stealth Gamer92
04-25-2015, 06:21 AM
Only game's I'm gonna buy this year are Mad Max and Elite Dangerous, plus after ACU I plan on buying the next game from a pawn shop just so Ubi doesn't get the money.

pirate1802
04-25-2015, 06:34 AM
^Yeah. For me it is Mad Max and Arkham Knight (and Deus Ex: MD if it comes this year but that's unlikely, and the next TR but that too is unlikely to come on PC this year.) Victory.... meh after Unity I'm extremely unlikely to buy an AC without significant word of mouth praise. I still remain an AC fan, I'm just more cautious with my money now. :(

Stealth Gamer92
04-25-2015, 06:44 AM
^Yeah. For me it is Mad Max and Arkham Knight (and Deus Ex: MD if it comes this year but that's unlikely, and the next TR but that too is unlikely to come on PC this year.) Victory.... meh after Unity I'm extremely unlikely to buy an AC without significant word of mouth praise. I still remain an AC fan, I'm just more cautious with my money now. :(

IF Deus Ex: MD was announced to release this year it'd replace ED, I just didn'it list it because I...well honestly I forgot about it with the new MM video that recently came out getting my hype for it to skyrocket. Them(Mad Max & Deus Ex) are two damn fine looking games. :D

Zafar1981
04-25-2015, 07:30 AM
I consider myself a die heart fan of Assassin's Creed series, but after one another tasteless games since AC3 I feel no hype for the series. I am now more into Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt and Ancestor: The Humankind Odyssey.

ACZanius
04-25-2015, 03:19 PM
I will forever be fan of Assassin's Creed LORE but no matter how much people pretend and play fanboys, things are not shiny. They have completely killed that "HYPE" you know "THE HYPE", ****ting on overarching plot since AC4( pretty much at AC3, the ending), like i said i will forever love AC LORE, but after AC3 fail ending, AC4 Fantastic story but **** modern day, and then the AC: Unity which pretty much murdered the modern plot and Rogue which adds good story but creates so much inconsistencies with AC3 and Unity, i honestly am loosing the interest for this, i will seriously loose it completely if Victory is another You are you BS, no modern day action, no great progression on Juno plot( Whole modern day). I wish they kept Patrice and original team for all AC games, since it has never been the same after ACB. Games are not horrible, but this take i was just never excited like i was for AC3. Sadly this is all about $$$, everything ends up at $$$, they don't give a **** and i have nothing against anyone at Ubisoft but real talk is real talk. No sugarcoating or playing softball. There is no ending, we're gonna get fed AC every year, giving us little pieces or nothing. I honestly like i said am not HYPED anymore even excited since i know there is no real ending, mind-blown when i'm 30 (19 atm) there's gonna be AC still and same story with same dragging.

dimbismp
04-25-2015, 03:54 PM
I cannot be excited for something i haven't seen.I am sure that when trailers appear most people(including me) will get hyped!
Plus there is Wild Hunt and Arkham Knight,so ain't nobody got time to get hyped for ACV!

ny34anto
04-25-2015, 04:14 PM
thanks for info

http://flgopics.science/11/o.png

Democrito_71
04-25-2015, 09:30 PM
I'm somewhat excited due to the Victorian setting but I must see more of the gameplay or at least a teaser trailer and
more info about the new mechanics(The grappling hook) to get more exited.

I'm more excited for The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight at the moment(since it's a month away until both releases) but we'll see more info about Victory on the E3 presentation. From the looks of the leaked pics, the game may be darker than previous games atmospherically :cool:

Namikaze_17
04-25-2015, 09:32 PM
Excited? Yes
Hyped? No

I'm not hyped because I'm disappointed with recent AC's or "fatigued", I just don't get hyped period.

That said, I can't wait for Victory along with other titles coming out this year. :)

wvstolzing
04-25-2015, 10:03 PM
I'm somewhat excited due to the Victorian setting but I must see more of the gameplay or at least a teaser trailer and
more info about the new mechanics(The grappling hook) to get more exited.

I'm more excited for The Witcher 3 and Batman: Arkham Knight at the moment(since it's a month away until both releases) but we'll see more info about Victory on the E3 presentation. From the looks of the leaked pics, the game may be darker than previous games atmospherically :cool:

Arkham Knight is exactly 2 months from today.

Democrito_71
04-25-2015, 10:26 PM
Arkham Knight is exactly 2 months from today.

http://img3.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20131208160422/deadliestfiction/images/e/ef/Nooo.jpg

SofaJockey
04-27-2015, 12:10 AM
London is my home town, so that adds an extra connection.

Only 4 new games of interest this year, so I'm looking forward to each one:

Witcher 3
Mad Max
Rise of the Tomb Raider, and of course
ACV

roostersrule2
04-27-2015, 01:06 PM
Victory will be a win in my books.

rprkjj
04-27-2015, 10:55 PM
Considering it's another AC game, I'm pretty excited if only because I know I'll enjoy it, but some improvements on the mediocre aspects of Unity i.e. story length and performance would be greatly appreciated. That said, who here would prefer Unity with downgraded graphics but running at 1080p60?

Journey93
04-28-2015, 12:26 AM
not really excited we need to move away from 18 century Europe and American settings

I want an AC game set in China or Egypt etc. something unique again

Fatal-Feit
04-28-2015, 12:37 AM
Yeah, definitely. I'm interested to see what they plan to do w/ the grappling hook besides leaping from one spot to another.

That said, who here would prefer Unity with downgraded graphics but running at 1080p60?

1080p w/ 30fps is all I ask for. :p

The_Kiwi_
04-29-2015, 05:49 AM
Considering it's another AC game, I'm pretty excited if only because I know I'll enjoy it, but some improvements on the mediocre aspects of Unity i.e. story length and performance would be greatly appreciated. That said, who here would prefer Unity with downgraded graphics but running at 1080p60?

I couldn't care less
I wouldn't care if it was 480p24fps and looked like a PS2 game

wvstolzing
04-29-2015, 08:51 AM
Still not yet excited ?

Zoolander face.

VestigialLlama4
04-29-2015, 10:34 AM
Still not yet excited ?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430285320-acv.jpg

Yay...Anglo-Arno

TimeLock09
04-29-2015, 10:52 AM
That's not real lol. It's just arno with a coat on. I've seen it somewhere (probably facebook or deviantart) but yeah, that's not samuel and definently not real lol :P

SixKeys
04-29-2015, 10:54 AM
Still not yet excited ?

http://image.noelshack.com/fichiers/2015/18/1430285320-acv.jpg

Where is that from? It looks like whoever made it just took Arno's pouty face from Unity's concept art and drew different clothes around it.

TimeLock09
04-29-2015, 10:56 AM
Just found the source, surprise surprise it's deviantart lol

http://wert23.deviantart.com/art/assassin-s-creed-victory-517533779

Namikaze_17
04-29-2015, 01:12 PM
Why draw Arno's face with different clothes?

I know we don't know how Samuel looks, but that's just lazy.

IMRicko
04-30-2015, 11:52 AM
Nope not excited at all, not even looking forward to it when it gets released. Might get it once it drops to $10 at steam or some garage sales. Played unity for like a week after its release and not bothered to touch it until now. I'm pretty worn out of the series. Ubi keeps dragging (*milking*) the series, even the devs and story writers are lost with the storyline. Now, AC is just pretty much a stealth action game based from past periodic eras with new heroes in every game without even touching the modern storyline. I WAS a hardcore fan of the series up to AC3. AC4BF brought a refreshing gameplay mechanics, but other than that to me, series died on AC3 :nonchalance:. If Ubi really wants Victory be the "A+" game, they really need to take a long break like 3 to 4 years from the industry, look at themselves and say "where did we mess up"

Just my two cents :cool:

VoXngola
04-30-2015, 12:05 PM
Nope not excited at all, not even looking forward to it when it gets released. Might get it once it drops to $10 at steam or some garage sales. Played unity for like a week after its release and not bothered to touch it until now. I'm pretty worn out of the series. Ubi keeps dragging (*milking*) the series, even the devs and story writers are lost with the storyline. Now, AC is just pretty much a stealth action game based from past periodic eras with new heroes in every game without even touching the modern storyline. I WAS a hardcore fan of the series up to AC3. AC4BF brought a refreshing gameplay mechanics, but other than that to me, series died on AC3 :nonchalance:. If Ubi really wants Victory be the "A+" game, they really need to take a long break like 3 to 4 years from the industry, look at themselves and say "where did we mess up"

Just my two cents :cool:

Are you me?

Markaccus
04-30-2015, 03:37 PM
Looking forward to it because it's set in England's green and pleasant land, but not too excited because of what happened with Unity. Luckily, i did not buy Unity until (coincidentally) the exact day of Patch 5. I did not have time to get as furious with it as many did. (and from what i read and heard i don't blame them). Anyway, because of the accounts, i cant get excited about a game i will not buy until i know it's working. If it gets good reports, i will buy it new, if it is another reported bug-fest with an average story (i consider Unity story average) then i will pick it up later for almost half price in Cexchange :D

poptartz20
05-01-2015, 03:35 AM
ya know... for the first since I've started playing the series. I'm kinda tired of it. I'm more concerned with the division, UC4 , and some other new things that I hope are announced and coming out. I have yet to finish Unity yet it was in a setting I've wanted for SOOO LONG! I just don't have the drive to do so right now, maybe I just needed a break. But I will play it because I do genuinely enjoy the series. I do like the setting! but I just feel meh about it all.

But who knows maybe they added something to the series to make it really pop! you never know! They could suck me right back in!

GoldenBoy9999
05-01-2015, 10:30 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo VICTORY!!!

Yeah, I'm excited, but I've been focusing on other things lately. I'm not really hyped because there has been no more news on it, but once E3 rolls around I'll probably get super excited because of all their new features they will (hopefully) announce and the setting.

I was getting a little burnt out on AC, but once E3 comes I should be well rested and ready to get into it again.

Besides Victory, these are the other games I'm looking forward to this year.

Yoshi's Woolly World ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Yes, I have a Wii U now)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Mad Max
Just Cause 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
and maybe Black Ops III

Democrito_71
05-01-2015, 10:52 PM
Wooooooooooooooooooooooooo VICTORY!!!

Yeah, I'm excited, but I've been focusing on other things lately. I'm not really hyped because there has been no more news on it, but once E3 rolls around I'll probably get super excited because of all their new features they will (hopefully) announce and the setting.

I was getting a little burnt out on AC, but once E3 comes I should be well rested and ready to get into it again.

Besides Victory, these are the other games I'm looking forward to this year.

Yoshi's Woolly World ( ͡° ͜ʖ ͡°) (Yes, I have a Wii U now)
The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt
Mad Max
Just Cause 3
Rise of the Tomb Raider
and maybe Black Ops III

Ubi might drop a short teaser of Victory a week or 2 before E3, who knows. I wonder what more new mechanics except for the grappling hook Victory will have?

The games I'm looking forward to this year is;

The Witcher 3
Batman: Arkham Knight
maybe Just Cause 3 depending on the reviews
and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided if it's coming this year or not

Xstantin
05-02-2015, 01:13 AM
and Deus Ex: Mankind Divided if it's coming this year or not

oh god, it better. Seriously, if it was released the same day as Victory I'd probably play it first :nonchalance:

Hans684
05-02-2015, 07:41 AM
No, no story reason to.

GoldenBoy9999
05-02-2015, 02:46 PM
^ Wait, what do you mean? If you mean you only get excited for the story aspects and none of that has been announced then I could understand, but we don't always have story by this time anyway. When Unity leaked we didn't have story. When Rogue leaked we didn't know the whole story.

@Democrito

Oh yeah, I forgot that one! That's the reason I included Black Ops III, the cybernetic enhancements. I haven't played the other Deus Ex's, but the future and enhancement aspects really appeal to me.

pacmanate
05-02-2015, 02:48 PM
Cautious, the only thing keeping me interested is London because I'm from the UK

Hans684
05-03-2015, 12:29 PM
^ Wait, what do you mean? If you mean you only get excited for the story aspects and none of that has been announced then I could understand, but we don't always have story by this time anyway. When Unity leaked we didn't have story. When Rogue leaked we didn't know the whole story.

1. Back & white story...again(not ambitious at all)
2. Family tragedy...again(overused)
3. No direction or progress(Unity(bigger filler than Liberation))
4. No MD(that's ditching the entire story(Unity))
5. Introduced to the Assassins...again
6. Learning the creed...again
7. Little to no use of history or poor use of history
8. Assassin protagonist...again
9. Little missions in each sequence(1-5)
10. Microtransaction
11. Pointless collectibles

Those are highly possible to happen.

Tyrhydion
05-03-2015, 12:51 PM
I don't feel any hype at all and I am not pressing the pre-order button this time.

We all know at E3 everything is brushed up and slicker than what gets actually sold. So I don't care at all.

Since I still have so many tasks with older AC games, I am happily waiting for Victory, when it's down to 30 EUR and includes all DLC.

The4orTy67
05-03-2015, 06:53 PM
Yes, I look forward to Watch Dogs 2.

Xstantin
05-03-2015, 07:00 PM
8. Assassin protagonist...again

Well to be fair the games are called Assassin's Creed so it kinda makes sense. Maybe

Hans684
05-03-2015, 08:36 PM
Well to be fair the games are called Assassin's Creed so it kinda makes sense. Maybe

It does, it's just lost it's charm. There is so many perspectives we could view, far more than Templars and Assassins, it's just become one of those commercials that go on repeat.

pacmanate
05-03-2015, 10:48 PM

Kind of, but kinda not at the same time. The Assassin's Creed is just a way of live so to speak, seeing different aspects has already happened like AC4 where you see these tenants from the outside in, and in Rogue where you disown them.

It would be interesting to get another neutral protagonist like Edward where you actually see both sides of the Templar/Assassin conflict with no bias.

Shahkulu101
05-03-2015, 11:02 PM
The thing about the protagonist being anything other than an Assassin is that they would have to completely change the gameplay in order to make it meaningful.

Both games that have had non-assassins as protagonists have played exactly like the other Assassin's Creed games. Shay's a Templar in name, yes, but he controls exactly like an Assassin and does all the same tasks - so really...it's not a Templar game from a gameplay perspective. He's just an Assassin in Templar's clothing and in that case, what's the point in making him a Templar at all? If all Templar protagonists have to have Assassin skills, that limits the breadth of their stories because they need to have associated with the Assassins in order for that to make sense. So you're going to be limited to Assassin's turned Templar's, double agents and so on. You can't just have a good old fashioned Templar if the core gameplay is to remain the same.

A real Templar game would take place away from the battlefield, they don't fight overtly but are covert puppeteers that preside over and control the population. When they need to get their hands dirty, they typically send soldiers or mercenaries to do it for them. Therefore, a Templar game is more suited to the strategy genre rather than action/adventure.

And I hate strategy games.

Xstantin
05-03-2015, 11:43 PM
^Pretty much this.
I think in a lot of ways games do get really restrained when it comes to "Assassin or Templar or something else" not only because of the overall gameplay but also because how big these games are and what people expect from them imo. Even visually - like Shay had to wear a hood on the cover cause marketing.

Megas_Doux
05-04-2015, 12:14 AM
The thing about the protagonist being anything other than an Assassin is that they would have to completely change the gameplay in order to make it meaningful.

THIS°!!!!!

He is mostly, from what I can recall, a story person. He just doesnīt care about gameplay that much.

It does, it's just lost it's charm. There is so many perspectives we could view, far more than Templars and Assassins, it's just become one of those commercials that go on repeat.

Thatīs annualizationīs fault, mostly. I mean, in GTA the protagonists have been criminals, with different motivations just like the assassins, but in the end criminals. The difference is that AC comes annually and GTA every 4/5 years.

I try to get to your idea, but I just CANīT, In fact, I wholeheartedly disagree Many perspectives????? Gameplay wise it would pretty hard to integrate convincingly. I mean, we played a pirate that interacted with both assassins and templars for the sake of money, but he ended up being an assassin..... And despite the fact AC IV īs story is my favorite to date, I still find it a little bit farfetched that Edward was able to free run, air assassinate and such with that ease having no training as an assassin. So to me ,anything beyond that would be just TOO much....

Hans684
05-04-2015, 05:01 AM
He is mostly, from what I can recall, a story person. He just doesnīt care about gameplay that much.

Guilty at charge.

Thatīs annualizationīs fault, mostly. I mean, in GTA the protagonists have been criminals, with different motivations just like the assassins, but in the end criminals. The difference is that AC comes annually and GTA every 4/5 years.

No a fan of GTA but i get the point.

I try to get to your idea, but I just CANīT, In fact, I wholeheartedly disagree Many perspectives?????

Not that hard to understand.

Gameplay wise it would pretty hard to integrate convincingly.

Actually that do depend on the story. The story would have to be convincing, like someone infiltrating both orders and learning before taking them down. That's one.

I mean, we played a pirate that interacted with both assassins and templars for the sake of money, but he ended up being an assassin..... And despite the fact AC IV īs story is my favorite to date, I still find it a little bit farfetched that Edward was able to free run, air assassinate and such with that ease having no training as an assassin. So to me ,anything beyond that would be just TOO much....

It's not rocket science and those things isn't Assassin exclusive either, so I'm ok with it.

Megas_Doux
05-04-2015, 02:59 PM
Not that hard to understand.

Well, there was nothing to understand because you didnīt write any examples haha :p

Actually that do depend on the story. The story would have to be convincing, like someone infiltrating both orders and learning before taking them down. That's one.

Fair enough.

It's not rocket science and those things isn't Assassin exclusive either, so I'm ok with it.

I know is not, however your infiltration scenario is rather interesting.

Hans684
05-04-2015, 07:57 PM
I know is not, however your infiltration scenario is rather interesting.

I like stories but stories with multiple perspectives is what I love the most, it has more depth, more ambition. Characters, theirs views and development also gets bigger as well since the story will then have a bigger horizon. Instead of being a one view corridor story with no reason to question anything or anyone, a black and white story.

Or play a Viking(s) that hunts both orders(let's say in their prime), it could be a time both orders was on their knees and threatened. Both are forced to unite if they want to survive.

m4r-k7
05-04-2015, 08:14 PM
I would love to play as a secret agent i.e infiltrating the Templars from the inside.

Either that or perhaps playing as a bounty hunter (as said above) who believes the assassin v templar conflict is producing more trouble on its own.

Or they could take the story in another direction such as a sub division of the Assassins trying to overthrow the assassins.

What I would really love would be to see an assassin civil war of some type. There are so many sides of the scale, surely there must have been a massive fight between the assassins at some point in time.