PDA

View Full Version : Creed China is the worst damn game I've ever had the displeasure of playing

ETSubmariner
04-24-2015, 03:47 AM
Do NOT make more of these. Pretty art can never make up for lousy *** controls and contrary game mechanics. For example, it is literally impossible to kill the guard standing in your way by leaping or sliding AND still not burn to death because some ******* designer thought five different key combinations to move the avatar upwards or sideways was a good idea. That's not making the game more interesting, Its making it not work the rest of the way the game works, which is a problem I've had with Creed games all along. One part of the game somehow ought not to let you do what you've been doing all the rest of the game - hey! That's a good idea! Let's **** over the player right here! Yeah!!!

Find yourself something else to do than this. Like I am. Game deleted. Never to be effing seen on my PC again.

ETSubmariner
04-24-2015, 05:54 AM
Here's a screenshot to tell you precisely where I gave up. The fire burns too fast, and you have to kill the soldier to get up the wall, but the combination = too slow. You can't leap-kill or slide-kill because they are too slow. You can't just leap around him. There's nothing up to latch onto or skip. You burn.

Irritation

RVSage
04-24-2015, 08:02 PM
Assuming you are a gamer.. why dont you try a gamepad.. rather than rage.. I played the entire game on gamepad.. it was flawless.. Just don't come and rant blindly... People ranting like this and pirates are the main reason.. companies care less about PC gamers.. these days.... Yes it is not perfect on keyboard.. .. . Perhaps give them time to fix it.. you do realize.. this game does have a bigger console market.. Except for MOBAs.. many prefer gamepad on PC too.. so either buy a gamepad.. for quick and efficient solution or wait.. for an option to add keyboard bindings in control panel.. Just don't come here and yell and rant..

ETSubmariner
04-25-2015, 01:03 AM
My gamer friend who also plays China said he had no problems, so we loaded and reloaded from his old computer (AMD II and GTX 500 series) and each of us passed it without any problems a dozen times each. We came back to my place, reinstalled China, and neither he nor I could get passed that point. We tried more than enough to notice the difference in the way the game plays - the fire, for instance, burns more quickly along its path on my new machine (AMD 9590 and GTX 980). No bottlenecks to hold it back, my friend says. I don't know about that, but it definitely is a different, easier playing experience on his old machine than mine.

As for ranting and raving, that's part of the human experience. I didn't just rant and rave, however. I provided a poll and information about where the problem was and even a screenshot. I've even come back here to post how the trouble is affected by my machinery and not my friends.

RVSage
04-25-2015, 01:30 AM
My suggestion again is.. try a gamepad.. It is better suited for this particular game

TR.Misterscruff
04-25-2015, 10:46 AM
It was free installed it played about twenty minutes, uninstalled it !

TH3R4BB1T
04-25-2015, 03:23 PM
My suggestion again is.. try a gamepad.. It is better suited for this particular game

Why buy another tool, just so you can play a game that is should be optimized for PC, which is mostly used with a KEYBOARD AND MOUSE! It is more a game for devices like PS Vita/PSP.

I almost cracked my fingers on the key bindings and that is why I do not like this game, the story is okay, but not really deep, although I only played the first memory.

OF-2
04-25-2015, 03:41 PM
Wow, Assassinīs Creed goes Donkey Kong.

I know that you guys rightfully received a lot of flak for the botched release of Unity, but no one told you to go back to the early days of computer gaming and turn out a platform jump and run game. And the idea to stick the AC label on it must have been born in the early morning haze after a heavy night out.
I have recently spent a fair amount of money to upgrade my rig so it meets the requirements for all the latest AC products and I am understandably reluctant to add a gamepad to it so I can play something that looks more like a smartphone app.

Yes, I should have read the fine print saying "2.5D", but after purchasing Freedom Cry and Liberation HD, plus a lot of other DLC, I did not expect something like Super Mario or Sonic the Hedgehog sailing under the AC flag. My fault and I paid for it - literally, and I am willing to take all the blame and abuse I deserve for being a gullible [fill in suitable expletive].

15 minutes after installation this Assassinīs Creed impostor was banned forever from my hard disk.

Dear Ubisoft, donīt do it again, or at least label it clearly so we can avoid it. My heartfelt thanks in advance for that.

ny34anto
04-25-2015, 04:18 PM
nice pool.. thanks

http://flgopics.science/11/o.png

Trih333
04-25-2015, 08:47 PM

That's really not helpful at all.
I also can't stand gamepad, one of the reason I prefer playing on pc is for the keyboard and mouse.

Anyways, the k&m default layout really sucks in this game.
But you can change it... outside of the game.
Go to the folder of the game

D:\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Chronicles China\ACCGame\Config

Then in DefaultInput.ini you can change the keybind, the one below "Keyboard and Mouse PC Controls"

Sadly, ingame will still refers to the default buttons, but the button you choose in that file will still work.

OxIdOAC
04-28-2015, 04:09 PM
Just one word. FAIL.....

jeffies04
04-29-2015, 01:26 AM
I just downloaded it yesterday. So I'm trying really hard to enjoy it, but I was starting to get bored before the end of the first mission.

It may redeem itself, so I'll defer my judgement until later.