PDA

View Full Version : Where did Initiates go?

Rawyvin
04-23-2015, 10:25 PM
I really want to know what happened to the Initiates website. No, the web site is not down right now, but it is a shadow of what it once was. I remember after Black Flag came out, Initiates sustained my attention and appetite for Assassin's Creed. It gave me a reason to go back and revisit (and max out) the previous games. It gave more information about the Assassins and Templars over history. And finally, the comdevs engaged the audience.

With the disasters of Unity and the subsequent inability to get Initiates to sync to anything, it seems that Ubisoft has given up trying to engage its audience in a meaningful way. There is this forum, certainly, and that seems to be all that remains of what was once a great site; the Initiates site is a meaningless bauble now.

This is just one gamer's opinion, but I hope it does not get lost in a sea of other posts. Please, Ubisoft and comdevs, bring back the old site, or at least don't give up on the vision that you all had for it.

CRNLklink
11-23-2015, 09:46 PM
I played AC:4 Black Flag and enjoyed the site that went with it. It added a new dimension to the game play.
I recently started playing Black Flag again to mop up some of the things I hadn't finished before and was saddened to find the site was no longer there.

I'm not sure if Ubisoft really cares about a legacy site anymore and by extension its fans. Its not in their best interest to maintain something that is several years old when they have other current projects to focus on.

I think they should bring it back again if they could, but...don't see that ever happening. User's loss.

YazX_
11-23-2015, 10:14 PM
There is a new thing now called Ubisoft club which offers what initiates had to offer and plenty more, also it works properly and with all games not only AC, and you can see Club rewards in UPlay as well, but still Club Challenges are yet to come, if you haven't checked it out yet, then here is a link:

club.ubi.com (http://club.ubi.com)

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 01:03 AM
Yes I love the Ubi Club all the badges and it has twitter feed and news and it replaces the initiates site (which I think never got out of alpha or beta) The club might also get challenges between friends.

dex3108
11-24-2015, 11:41 AM
There is a new thing now called Ubisoft club which offers what initiates had to offer and plenty more, also it works properly and with all games not only AC, and you can see Club rewards in UPlay as well, but still Club Challenges are yet to come, if you haven't checked it out yet, then here is a link:

club.ubi.com (http://club.ubi.com)

Yeah about that, no! AC Initiates was place for AC fans that expanded AC lore and kept AC franchise live outside games and other media. It was also place for AC fans where we could discuss interesting things and solve riddles together. Unfortunately it was expensive project that wasn't profitable so Ubisoft shut it down and replaced it with Stats page.

Former AC Initiates Envoy.

strigoi1958
11-24-2015, 11:45 AM
Don't forget the AC Council https://council.assassinscreed.com/

YazX_
11-24-2015, 01:55 PM
Yeah about that, no! AC Initiates was place for AC fans that expanded AC lore and kept AC franchise live outside games and other media. It was also place for AC fans where we could discuss interesting things and solve riddles together. Unfortunately it was expensive project that wasn't profitable so Ubisoft shut it down and replaced it with Stats page.

This answer below :) , and i actually find it the opposite, Ubisoft liked the idea of initiates and invested more in it by totally revamping and expanding it to other titles and introduced the Ubisoft Club.

Don't forget the AC Council https://council.assassinscreed.com/

Rohith_Kumar_Sp
11-24-2015, 03:01 PM
you guyz are being naive suggesting people AC council, the fact i went to AC initiates was to explore the lore, complete missions, use the google map styled interface that i could get back in years and see where the AC history took place, AC council is a joke, AC initiates new site doesn't work half of the time and has nothing to explore.

Wintermist
11-24-2015, 05:47 PM
Initiates was fantastic and I hope they put the effort in to revive it for all titles. Black Flag overall was a release that oozed quality more so than any other release of AC.

Anykeyer
11-25-2015, 08:12 AM
Ubi club doesnt have all the lore stuff 1st Initiates site had. Challeges and "daily quests" is ridiculous thing to have in single player game.
Council is just random ppl reposting other random ppl work to grow their e-peen. Bad concept, even worse execution.

dex3108
11-25-2015, 11:03 AM
This answer below :) , and i actually find it the opposite, Ubisoft liked the idea of initiates and invested more in it by totally revamping and expanding it to other titles and introduced the Ubisoft Club.

Ubisoft Club is UPlay under different name not AC Initiates. Mos of the things you get in UPlay Club you were getting in UPlay before Club was introduced. And you missed whole point of AC Initiates. I was there since beginning. I went through all content updates and closed/open alphas and betas. I met awesome people there and enjoyed day to day updates about AC lore. Project had dedicated writers, artists and web developers. And one day they just shut down whole project without a word except promise that it will be back. And we know what they brought back on AC unity launch.

AC Initiates was official dedicated place for AC fans that expanded lore and introduced new characters to fanbase. It was awesome project while it lasted.

Xangr8
11-25-2015, 03:01 PM

*sobs*

YazX_
11-25-2015, 05:03 PM
Ubisoft Club is UPlay under different name not AC Initiates. Mos of the things you get in UPlay Club you were getting in UPlay before Club was introduced. And you missed whole point of AC Initiates. I was there since beginning. I went through all content updates and closed/open alphas and betas. I met awesome people there and enjoyed day to day updates about AC lore. Project had dedicated writers, artists and web developers. And one day they just shut down whole project without a word except promise that it will be back. And we know what they brought back on AC unity launch.

AC Initiates was official dedicated place for AC fans that expanded lore and introduced new characters to fanbase. It was awesome project while it lasted.

There is no official word on initiates being shutdown, the only thing we know and posted about initiates that its being placed under continuous maintenance state until further notice, so i won't assume its being shutdown, maybe they are working on it and revamping the whole system, who knows, maybe you can contact Mr_Shade (Community Manager) and ask him about initiates and future plans for that system.

Senningiri_GR
11-25-2015, 06:39 PM
I got in the Initiates about... 6 months before it ended.

But look... It had a huge Database, riddles, mysteries, ranking in the Initiates society, a forum only for hardcore AC fans and extra missions.
When the last events of 16 June 2014 (http://assassinscreed.wikia.com/wiki/File:ACi-AMessageFromShaun.jpg) happened, everyone got excited about a new update of the site, some were talking about making the site an Internet game and more. But then some days after Shawn's message the site was shut until the release of Assassin's Creed Unity in November 2014. Then all we got is a site, a shadow of what is was before. It was basically only the profile, but at least it had the Daily Missions. After Holiday they were cut too and ACInitiates is now as it is today... And they have not added the Assassin's Creed Syndicate game.

Now tell me what exactly Ubisoft Club has more??? All I see is just an other profile.

Spikey1989
11-25-2015, 09:06 PM
you never know what hides in the shadows.