PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - April Release

Ubi-Cain
04-23-2015, 03:03 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/c6a60b82bc6bbda9b1e9d80c8484f472.png

Fellow Uplay Gamers,

The latest version of the Uplay PC client is now live and in this update we're taking the first steps towards improving the way you and your friends interact with each other.

We've improved our chat visuals, separated friends and chats into their own windows. We've also got a bunch of new notifications to keep you informed on what your friends are doing so you never miss out on a good time to game, and neither do they.

New Features

Separate windows for Friends and Chat
Both the Friends and Chat windows will now be displayed as individual windows separate from the main Uplay client. The Friends window can now be opened by clicking on the "Friends" button above the social activity feed.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news//78ece323f77fb987d9bc69fd758ea21f.png

Double clicking a friend in your friend list will now open up a new chat window which you can use to talk to your friends without having to have the Uplay client open on your desktop. You can instead leave it neatly tucked away in your system tray.

NOTE: We have temporarily disabled VoIP in the client chat windows for the initial release of this feature. We will be adding it back in a future update and VoIP communication is still available in-game via the Uplay Overlay.

New Social Notifications
New Social Notifications have been added that will inform you of several different events including:

When a friend comes online or launches a game
When you receive new chat messages
When you receive friend/game/party invites.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/06f48b7eae0225e3c47d760b4d08c136.png

These can be enabled and disabled in the options menu with individual options for each.

Client Beta Opt-In
In our ongoing efforts to improve the Uplay PC client we've added the option for players to opt-in to receive beta versions of the Uplay client. Updating the latest beta versions will allow you to try out the newest builds of Uplay which will contain work-in-progress features and bug fixes and allow you to provide your feedback before the final version is released.

You can opt-in at any time by visiting the Uplay client options and marking the checkbox to "Participate in Uplay beta updates". When a new beta version is available it will be downloaded and you will be prompted to restart your client.

Don't worry, if at any time you wish to go back to the current live stable build you need only uncheck the "Opt-in for beta" box and your client will revert back the latest live version.

General Improvements

Speed improvements in the client
With these optimisations some users should expect to see a slight improvement in the speed of the Uplay client.

Replaced Uplay proxy settings with Windows proxy settings
Instead of specifying the proxy settings in the Uplay client, Uplay will now utilize the proxy settings that windows is currently using. A button has been included which will open the Windows proxy settings.

That's it for this update folks.
We've got more features planned but as always, if you have any suggestions you'd like to make don't hesitate to let us know about them here on our forums.

The Uplay PC Team

MepH-66
04-23-2015, 03:26 PM
Hello, first I would like to thank you for updating the uplay client, it's always great to see it becoming better !

Well, the thing I also wanted to say that I have a problem since the update a few minutes ago. A box appeared telling me that the Uplay client just updated and I had to reboot Uplay to use it, I clicked "OK", it closed uplay, but it couldn't launch it again, and now when I try to launch it, I have an error:

"C:\Program Files\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\Uplay.exe is not a valid win32 application"

I'm indeed using Win XP 32bits and didn't have any problem with Uplay or my RaymanLegends game before the update, everything worked fine.

Could you please fix it please? (or is there a link to the old uplay if not ?)

Thanks in advance,
-MepH

Ubi-Cain
04-23-2015, 04:39 PM
Hi MepH-66,

Sorry to hear about your issue.
For thisI would recommend re-installing Uplay.

You should be able to simply install it over your existing installation . Just make sure that Uplay is closed when you do :)
You can download the installer here: https://ubistatic3-a.akamaihd.net/orbit/launcher_installer/UplayInstaller.exe and when you run it just make sure you install it to the same location where Uplay is installed now.

Let us know how it goes for you :)

/Cain

MepH-66
04-23-2015, 05:36 PM
Hi Cain, thanks for the answer and the download link !

I've just tried to reinstall it but there was the same error (and uplay process was not launched) :/
So I rebooted my computer to be 200% sure uplay was not launched at all, reinstalled it again, but it still gave me the same error message :(

AntiChrist7
04-23-2015, 06:39 PM
The procedure enntry point cef-_get_web_plugin_info_byname could not be located in the dynamic link library libceff.dll

Am I seriously gonna have to redownload and install my Uplay games twice in almost 3 weeks time......

Ubi-Cain
04-23-2015, 07:02 PM
Hi Cain, thanks for the answer and the download link !

I've just tried to reinstall it but there was the same error (and uplay process was not launched) :/
So I rebooted my computer to be 200% sure uplay was not launched at all, reinstalled it again, but it still gave me the same error message :(

We've reproduced the issue on our end.
We'll continue investigating and push out a fix or provide more info on a solution as soon as we can.

/Cain

MepH-66
04-23-2015, 08:49 PM
We've reproduced the issue on our end.
We'll continue investigating and push out a fix or provide more info on a solution as soon as we can.

/Cain

Ok nice, seems like a nice way to find a way to fix it ! :)
I know we aren't that many players using Win XP nowadays but it's really great that you give some of your time to fix it for us !
Good luck !

Ubi-Cain
04-24-2015, 02:17 PM
Hi MepH-66,

We have released an update that should resolve this issue for you.

I've made a post about it that will help you on your way to get back in-game :)
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1077891-Uplay-PC-Client-–-April-Update-(Fix-for-Windows-XP-users)

You'll need to re-install the client manually but you can do so over the top of your existing installation so you don't have to worry about losing any of your settings or games. It's almost like applying the patch itself :)

/Cain

MepH-66
04-24-2015, 06:09 PM
Hi,

Uplay now works perfectly ! and I'm loving the new features available (especially the chat feature with multiple windows!)

Thanks a lot,

- MepH

RdJ1
05-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Would it be possible for you to add an option to select whether the friends/chat windows display as separate windows or not? I understand people like them as separate windows, but I'm sure there are also enough people (including me) who don't like this.

xamon288
05-04-2015, 05:50 AM
Hi there Ubi- Cain do you plan on adding the Uplay online profile within the client? The online profile is very informative and quite nice, by far one of the better profile pages out there and it would be nice to have it connected to the desktop client.

Ubi-Cain
05-04-2015, 12:58 PM
Would it be possible for you to add an option to select whether the friends/chat windows display as separate windows or not? I understand people like them as separate windows, but I'm sure there are also enough people (including me) who don't like this.

We'll certainly take it into consideration :)
It was an idea in the early stages to make the windows detachable instead of separate but for the first iteration we chose to make them separate. It's entirely possible that we might revisit the idea later to add this option again.

Hi there Ubi- Cain do you plan on adding the Uplay online profile within the client? The online profile is very informative and quite nice, by far one of the better profile pages out there and it would be nice to have it connected to the desktop client.

That's something we're looking into.
We want to essentially give you access to all the cool info about yourself, your friends and your games within the client istelf so you don't have to visit the website for all this stuff when you already have the client open, or if you prefer to use the client to view it all.

/Cain

xamon288
05-05-2015, 08:05 PM
Thank you for the info. I cant wait to see how you guys implement the profile into the client.

RdJ1
05-09-2015, 07:34 PM
We'll certainly take it into consideration :)
It was an idea in the early stages to make the windows detachable instead of separate but for the first iteration we chose to make them separate. It's entirely possible that we might revisit the idea later to add this option again.

Thanks, that would be awesome :)