PDA

View Full Version : UGH! Those stupid AI.....

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Well some of the glitches in the AI I can live with. But here is one I just came across during my home made static campaign.

Two groups of Hurricane fighters go out and we get into a dog fight with a 4 groups of BF-109's. During the tussle the second group bails on us and heads for home even after I ask that they form back up.
So it is now 4 against 16 or so (we got a couple but during the melee I did not have time to count).

Anway I end up losing my wingman in the tussle and head for home with the rest of my group. I land with damage and clip my wing on the ground spinning the plane around on the runway where it sat. The rest of my group and even the second group decides they will land too and one by one they smash into the debris killing off everyone in my group. We all had plenty of fuel left so I'm wondering, are the AI really THAT stupid?

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 12:34 AM
Well some of the glitches in the AI I can live with. But here is one I just came across during my home made static campaign.

Two groups of Hurricane fighters go out and we get into a dog fight with a 4 groups of BF-109's. During the tussle the second group bails on us and heads for home even after I ask that they form back up.
So it is now 4 against 16 or so (we got a couple but during the melee I did not have time to count).

Anway I end up losing my wingman in the tussle and head for home with the rest of my group. I land with damage and clip my wing on the ground spinning the plane around on the runway where it sat. The rest of my group and even the second group decides they will land too and one by one they smash into the debris killing off everyone in my group. We all had plenty of fuel left so I'm wondering, are the AI really THAT stupid?

See you in the fence.....

Asus P4B533 i845E
P4 2.4
Asus GF4 Ti 4200 128MB (45.23)
1 GIG DDR RAM (PC 2100)
SB Audigy
MSFF2
XP Home

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 12:40 AM
- altstiff wrote:
- are the AI really THAT stupid?

Yes

XyZspineZyX
10-23-2003, 12:40 AM
Actually it was an online game...I was the first one to hit your plane /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

<center>http://mywebpage.netscape.com/Tgan92/Sturmosig.gif </center>