PDA

View Full Version : Please make Chronicles: China compatible with Laptops

WarriorAegis
04-22-2015, 06:35 PM
Edit: see below for updates/realizations that I couldn't play this even on a desktop of the same specs, my apologies, etc.

I just paid $10 off of Steam for this, and I REALLY want to play it. I have only a laptop, I have no desktop, and I'm not interested in getting a desktop for ONE game. I can't get my money back from Steam, and I really want to play this.

Ubisoft, please make Assassin's Creed Chronicles: China compatible with laptops. I fit all the other requirements for this game. EDIT: Nevermind, I don't processor wise.

My argument now is for the other players who meet the specs but can't run it because they are using a laptop and only have a laptop.

Avenger921
04-22-2015, 07:55 PM
+1, same here and i really want to play it aswell !!!

WarriorAegis
04-23-2015, 02:04 PM
+1, same here and i really want to play it aswell !!!

Happy you agree! We seem to be getting ignored, though.

Locopells
04-23-2015, 03:07 PM
But it is? They're not officially supported, but I'm playing on my work machine right now...

WarriorAegis
04-23-2015, 03:53 PM
But it is? They're not officially supported, but I'm playing on my work machine right now...

For most laptops, it seems they are not. They did say they are unofficially supported and they have also said that's why we can't run them. If you can run it on your laptop, more power to you, but for us who have paid for it and want to play, it's unfair.

I know it's on the PSN store for the PS3, but I'm not giving Ubisoft anymore money unless they A) give me a refund for the PC version of the game, or B) they fix it so the game works on laptops all around.

I doubt B is going to happen, so, I hope then that A will happen. I'm still asking for B just in case it can happen.

Misterscruff63
04-23-2015, 04:42 PM
Look at it this way you have bought a game for the laptop which is offically unsupported and yet you still buy it knowing the fact, then openly complain when it does not work sorry bud but you took the chance and it never worked out. You cannot blame Ubisoft for that surely ?

WarriorAegis
04-23-2015, 05:31 PM
Look at it this way you have bought a game for the laptop which is offically unsupported and yet you still buy it knowing the fact, then openly complain when it does not work sorry bud but you took the chance and it never worked out. You cannot blame Ubisoft for that surely ?

Yes, I can. I did not see the "laptops not officially supported," so I did not know that fact until I came here. Steam doesn't say that laptops are unofficially supported. Second, even if I had saw it, I would have assumed my laptop could run it because I met the specs (didn't post a post asking about my specs? I thought you did, but I don't see it).

Edit: No, I can't complain for myself on this issue. I was wrong (see below)

The real reason I'm complaining is not supporting laptops is cutting off a lot of the playerbase, and that's not fair. Especially to those who bought the game already, which is, again, unfair. They spent $10 for a game they cannot run. Kudos to you if you can run it on your laptop, but that doesn't mean everyone is able to.

My specs:
Windows 7 64-bit Ultimate with SP1
Intel Core i5-2140M @ 2.30 GHz (I guess I missed that one)
4 GB of RAM
256 GB SSD
GeForce GT 555M VRAM: 1024 MB - latest drivers
DirectX: June 2010 (or later)
Sound Card: Realtek (I can't find the real name of it)
Video Drivers: Latest ones for my GeForce

I was wrong, I did not meet the specs with my processor. I should have paid attention to that. Regardless, for those unable to run it because it's a laptop, it's still unfair. Not unfair to me, but unfair to others.

Mr_Shade
04-23-2015, 05:48 PM
Hi,

If you are having issues running the game - please ensure two things.

Your drivers are upto date - and - you are using your Laptops main GPU [if you have two [one discreet and one 'main' you may need to check this!]

I can see you say your CPU is under requirements too? - then this may also be an issue..

If after that you still can't run the game - you can contact our support team to try and get it working - however if your hardware is under the requirements, then there might not be much Ubisoft can do for you.

http://store.steampowered.com/app/354380/

After checking Steam - it appears they are correct and it does list laptops as not being supported?

System Requirements
MINIMUM:
OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core 2 Duo E8200 @ 2.6 GHz or AMD Athlon II X2 240 @ 2.8 GHz
Memory: 2 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTS450 or AMD Radeon HD5770 (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Video Drivers: nVidia GeForce 347.52 and AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12

RECOMMENDED:
OS: Windows 7 SP1 or Windows 8 or Windows 8.1 (32/64bit versions)
Processor: Intel Core i3 2105 @ 3.1 GHz or AMD Phenom II X4 955 @ 3.2 GHz
Memory: 4 GB RAM
Graphics: nVidia GeForce GTX 470 or AMD Radeon HD5870 or better (1024MB VRAM with Shader Model 5.0)
DirectX: Version 10
Hard Drive: 4 GB available space
Sound Card: DirectX Compatible Sound Card with latest drivers
Additional Notes: Video Drivers: nVidia GeForce 347.52 and AMD Catalyst Omega 14.12. Supported video cards at the time of release: nVidia GeForce GTS 450 or better, GTX 500, GTX 600, GTX 700 series; AMD Radeon HD5770 or better, Radeon HD6000, HD7000, R7 200, R9 200 series

Note: Laptop versions of these cards may work but are NOT officially supported.

WarriorAegis
04-23-2015, 11:16 PM
I guess I didn't scroll down. Any possibility of being able to get a refund? Or do I ask Steam about that?

Mr_Shade
04-24-2015, 09:36 AM
I guess I didn't scroll down. Any possibility of being able to get a refund? Or do I ask Steam about that?

You would have to speak to Steam - so I can't answer for them.

Sorry!

WarriorAegis
04-24-2015, 07:03 PM
You would have to speak to Steam - so I can't answer for them.

Sorry!

That's quite all right. :) All I needed to know was who to talk to.

Edit: Welp. I can't get a refund according to Steam's policy. Looks like I shot myself in the foot.