PDA

View Full Version : PVP or Co-Op?

Zero_Regen
04-22-2015, 12:01 PM
Co-Op was Unity's multiplayer, but i'd really like to see PVP come back. I still think Revelation's PVP is the best and if they could recapture the fun of that, PVP could really work in my opinion.

Defalt221
04-22-2015, 12:45 PM
Yeah. An assassin vs assasin in open world would be awesome.

Shahkulu101
04-22-2015, 01:25 PM
Never got into the PvP, competitive multiplayer really isn't my thing. Co-op was alright and I'm intrigued to see how it's iterated on in future games, so I prefer that.

Though if I'm honest, I could go without either. Despite it being quite fun, I don't like having to deviate from my single payer experience in order to unlock gear and collect sync points. It felt quite intrusive, if they do keep co-op I hope they're more separated and you won't have to play it to unlock specific single-player gear.

Democrito_71
04-22-2015, 04:03 PM
I would rather have a similar mechanic from Watch Dogs where you invade other players worlds and that you are assigned to Assassinate them during free roam. I never liked the multiplayer mechanic from Brotherhood, revelations, 3 and Black Flag cause I felt it was slightly forced into the games and it felt like a separate cheaper version looking game compared to the single player campaigns.
I buy AC foremost for the single player experience than the multiplayer one although I did like the coop in Unity and i'm a bit intrigued for the coop in future titles.

Though if I'm honest, I could go without either. Despite it being quite fun, I don't like having to deviate from my single payer experience in order to unlock gear and collect sync points. It felt quite intrusive, if they do keep co-op I hope they're more separated and you won't have to play it to unlock specific single-player gear.

Agree 100% I hope the coop in Victory is seperated from the main story and that we could choose if we want to play as men or women during coop.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 05:42 PM
I didn't like PvP. Gave it a try a few times, didn't get into its loop.

I instantly liked co-op, though. I hope that's staying. Some of my favourite gameplay moments in Unity happened in two-player co-op on missions such as The Austrian Conspiracy, swooping through a level with people with whom I was totally in sync. Neither of us were on mics, but we kept to our own sides, seeing each other in the distance, crossing paths during the missions, and occasionally coming together to fight. It was like Journey, only with mass-murder.

Namikaze_17
04-22-2015, 06:46 PM
I didn't like PvP. Gave it a try a few times, didn't get into its loop.

This is so me. I only found it mildly fun whenever I played with friends.

SixKeys
04-22-2015, 07:33 PM
I prefer the old PvP, flawed as it was. Co-op is nice, but isn't very immersive even on its own terms. The old multiplayer had its own rules and logic, it started out as a Templar training program and then got turned into an Abstergo Entertainment product. That's why all the gamey stuff (and glitches) made sense and the player could focus on the tension. Unity's co-op should be immersive, but isn't. It's not even clear who we're playing as. Everyone wants to imagine themselves as Arno's contemporaries, but Bishop is constantly reminding us we're just average Joes in a simulator. There should be different lobbies for those who just want to rush ahead and kill everything, and "pros" who want to be stealthy. As it is, the only way to not get frustrated is to play with people you know.

Zero_Regen
04-22-2015, 07:47 PM
[QUOTE=Democrito_71;10715179]I would rather have a similar mechanic from Watch Dogs where you invade other players worlds and that you are assigned to Assassinate them during free roam. I never liked the multiplayer mechanic from Brotherhood, revelations, 3 and Black Flag cause I felt it was slightly forced into the games and it felt like a separate cheaper version looking game compared to the single player campaigns.
I buy AC foremost for the single player experience than the multiplayer one although I did like the coop in Unity and i'm a bit intrigued for the coop in future titles.

I really like that idea. Victory is late into production, so if it's not already there it won't be, but maybe the AC after.

Zero_Regen
04-22-2015, 07:53 PM
Never got into the PvP, competitive multiplayer really isn't my thing. Co-op was alright and I'm intrigued to see how it's iterated on in future games, so I prefer that.

When it was first revealed I was very skeptical. I always thought that AC was a singeplayer game with a multiplayer mode, but with the two converging in Co-Op, I wasn't sure if i'd like it. I guess I did, but I was still looking for a sense of immersion or to be able to roleplay a bit as my assassin. I couldn't because I thought of him as Arno (And that's fine for a singleplayer scenario), so I hope they're separate for that and also because it could open up some cool operations of the order we haven't been able to participate in, like when you sent assassins out across the world on missions.

ze_topazio
04-22-2015, 07:54 PM
https://i.imgur.com/c7NJRa2h.jpg

Matknapers18
04-22-2015, 09:30 PM
Neither. For me anyway.

Assassin's Creed has always been a single player experience for me, and it always will. I played the PvP but I wasn't crazy about it. I'd usually pop on for a couple games after getting tired of the campaign, but that it is. I have never been excited for AC Pvp pre-launch, and I have never been really satisfied with AC PvP. Its just sort of there.

Co-op is kind of different, in that I was very excited for Co-op. Mostly free roam co-op as I pictured messing around in Paris, free running and doing some light missions with friends. Yet, come release, there is actually nothing to do in Paris. I remember jumping in with friends for the first time and us saying "What do we do?". You can't seriously expect us just to run around stabbing guards. And co-op missions are just frustrating due to everyone's desire to be Rambo. Almost immediately co-op turned into a revived form of the PvP for me. Its just there. Thats it.

The best part of AC Co-op was meeting up with a bunch of friends in front of Notre Dame, equipping the Guillotine Gun and firing at crowds of innocents. That was fun.

In an ideal world, I'd say scrap it. But hundreds of players love the multiplayer, so thats not my choice to make. I'd say Focus on the single player experience. Multiplayer should not be a priority especially when the single player is suffering so much at the moment. The key word is fun. I just want to mess around with friends, I find both co-op and especially PvP so serious. After a stressful day I wanna relax and have a laugh with mates. Not watch some mandatory cutscene on the oppression of the homeless, women. and poor in 18th century France. For me, personally, thats what multiplayer is all about. Lighthearted fun.

Xstantin
04-22-2015, 09:37 PM
Honestly I don't think MP or coop are AC's selling points and although both are fun I prefer old-fashioned SP :)

Fatal-Feit
04-22-2015, 09:43 PM
It's hard to choose... I love both PvP and CO-OP, both very addicting, but I inevitably have to go w/ CO-OP. I mean, despite its many issues and stuff, some of my most memorable AC moments are in the CO-OP, playing w/ friends and club members. It adds an entire new layer to the gameplay and tonnes of replay value. I'm very excited to see what new innovative gameplay features and enhancements Victory brings to the table because CO-OP, as it is now, is pretty bare-bones.