PDA

View Full Version : AC Chronicles: China - Key rebinding?

Trih333
04-21-2015, 06:36 PM
edit : Problem resolved, see two post below

I'm sorry that my first reaction to the game is this, but really?
No key rebinding?

Why?
Was it too hard to animate?

I have 4 easy accessible button on my mouse and I can't use any of them...
the "activate gadget" is set to the letter g when it should be set to a or e
same for "eagle vision" set to v, which should be set to a or e
Unless of course a or e is used for something else but it doesn't tell in the option menu...

i'm really sorry Ubisoft to have small hands and prefer a combination of key that I use on all of my games...
really I don't want to impede on your artistic vision...

Trih333
04-21-2015, 07:10 PM
All right... so this is worse than I thought.
The run button is maj and the crouch button is ctrl, which means it's it's a pain to easily "swap" (like staying crouched and wanting to sprint from that position)

The activate gadget ( g ) is further away than the ready gadget ( f )
How am i suppose to press f and g at the same time with one finger, while still staying on the wasd keys?

I know those are very nitpicky complains. But it's a game ! I don't want to have a pain everytime i use a gadget

Trih333
04-21-2015, 08:23 PM
Problem resolved

Go to the game folder
\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Chronicles China\ACCGame\Config

Then open the Defaultinput.ini
under "keyboard and mouse pc controls" you can finally rebidn the key as you want.

I put the run button to the right click mouse and the heavy atttack to one of my extra mouse buttons. Same for the ready and use gadget.
Now I can actually enjoy the game.

Why the game doesn't allow us to rebind in the option menu though?

SixKeys
04-22-2015, 09:30 AM
Problem resolved

Go to the game folder
\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\games\Assassin's Creed Chronicles China\ACCGame\Config

Then open the Defaultinput.ini
under "keyboard and mouse pc controls" you can finally rebidn the key as you want.

I put the run button to the right click mouse and the heavy atttack to one of my extra mouse buttons. Same for the ready and use gadget.
Now I can actually enjoy the game.

Why the game doesn't allow us to rebind in the option menu though?

Thank you! The game is unplayable with the default controls, I will give this a try.

Mezuchan
04-22-2015, 04:42 PM
I'm no stranger to editing .ini files for AC. But of some reason I'm unable to to bind the /, application/menu and the numpad period button. Does anyone know what I have to enter to bind those keys? I think I've tried everything.
So far the game looks interesting but those key bindings really bother me.

TH3R4BB1T
04-22-2015, 06:42 PM
The keys indeed s***, to slide press d + shift + ctrl (timed) = brain block. To block press a or d + c? wtf where they thinking when developing for PC!? Next release is a no go, after Rogue I was feeling they had it again, but now this. Ubisoft is disappointing again for PC.

OxIdOAC
04-22-2015, 07:55 PM
WTF????? TOTAL FAIL. No redefine keys... I'm left handed and redefine keys are mandatory for me. Even first AC has them.....
Didn't even start the game, just uninstalled it and thats it.
This company is simply waste of time and money... Too bad i preordered AC Unity Gold, this one is joke on me. But not anymore.
Going back to GTA V, at least they know how to make a game that is fun and PLAYABLE.....

Trih333
04-25-2015, 08:37 PM
WTF????? TOTAL FAIL. No redefine keys... I'm left handed and redefine keys are mandatory for me. Even first AC has them.....
Didn't even start the game, just uninstalled it and thats it.
This company is simply waste of time and money... Too bad i preordered AC Unity Gold, this one is joke on me. But not anymore.
Going back to GTA V, at least they know how to make a game that is fun and PLAYABLE.....

I almost did that too.
Don't rage quit, try at least to rebind the key the way I showed.
You can also rebind the wasd keys too

Cornik22
04-25-2015, 09:46 PM
What's the name of those extra mouse buttons? I also have one of those, but I don't know how to name them in the .ini file. Also, I'm stuck in the "helix dash" tutorial. I have to press Ctrl + "arrow up". I've tried pressing lots of combinations but none of them work. What am I supposed to press in my keyboard? :(

Locopells
04-25-2015, 10:16 PM
It's CTRL and LEFT SHIFT (Which has an UP arrow on it, on some keyboards, as it can be used for temporary UPPER case...).

Trih333
04-25-2015, 10:51 PM
What's the name of those extra mouse buttons? I also have one of those, but I don't know how to name them in the .ini file. Also, I'm stuck in the "helix dash" tutorial. I have to press Ctrl + "arrow up". I've tried pressing lots of combinations but none of them work. What am I supposed to press in my keyboard? :(

Ah...
A long time ago, when I got my mouse, a G7000s logitech, there was a logitech program that could replace those extra mouse button (called mouse button 4 to 12 in my case) to normal letters.
I replace all my extra mouse buttons to letters far from the wasd keys (O P L M I for instance)
Sadly for me, those keys are stuck now, since the programs have stopped recognising my mouse...

Soooo, you should find a way to rebind your mouse before you can easily rebind your game...

Mezuchan
04-26-2015, 01:00 AM

Before you can Helix Dash you activate 'Helix mode' with Ctrl + Shift (Block and Sprint, in case you renamed them.) When in that mode you can dash as normal i.e. Movement buttons + Space.

Cornik22
04-26-2015, 12:08 PM
Got it! Thank you guys, it worked :)

thegrifer132
04-27-2015, 09:41 PM
i don't have a GAMES file In ulayluancher but I know where the config is I the thing is I it does not have what I need I opened all the files there there was nothing about the controls PLZ HELP

Mezuchan
04-28-2015, 03:51 PM
i don't have a GAMES file In ulayluancher but I know where the config is I the thing is I it does not have what I need I opened all the files there there was nothing about the controls PLZ HELP

I misread your post and said something really different at first >.< What are the file names within the folder? Are you sure you're in the right location?

OxIdOAC
04-28-2015, 04:22 PM
I almost did that too.
Don't rage quit, try at least to rebind the key the way I showed.
You can also rebind the wasd keys too

Thanks, man, but NO, i don't think so.... I will play the game only if they update the game with redefine keys, so i can play legit style, i don't edit anything just because Ubisoft is to lazy to do it themselves. After all, Ubisoft didn't say a word about this problem, yet... Plenty more games to play. Ubisoft needs to learn that people who play games are the ones that matter, and not the money that we give them.
Ubisoft is the biggest fail game company in 2014 and 2015. Unacceptable.

Cyber_Demigod
08-15-2015, 10:23 PM

No need to rebind them to a letter like the previous answer given here by Trils333 (helpful still for some before my answer)

Ah...
A long time ago, when I got my mouse, a G7000s logitech, there was a logitech program that could replace those extra mouse button (called mouse button 4 to 12 in my case) to normal letters.
I replace all my extra mouse buttons to letters far from the wasd keys (O P L M I for instance)
Sadly for me, those keys are stuck now, since the programs have stopped recognising my mouse...

Soooo, you should find a way to rebind your mouse before you can easily rebind your game...

This game uses Unreal engine, and as such its config files use the same names and links, here is what worked for my mouse buttons

ThumbMouseButton - First mouse thumb button.
ThumbMouseButton2- Second mouse thumb button
MiddleMouseButton- Scroll Wheel click

You can see most of these names at this link
https://udn.epicgames.com/Three/KeyBinds.html
Though it does not show a few, including middle mouse button, but I just provided that so......

I hope this helps

Valen-BAE
01-08-2017, 05:12 PM
When I go to the assassin's creed china folder and ACCGame I don't have "config" ...Please help