PDA

View Full Version : REBOOT DEVELOP 2015! Patrice Desilets Announcement!

king-hailz
04-21-2015, 03:14 PM
On the 23rd there will be a conference in Croatia called REBOOT DEVELOP and Patrice Desilets is having a keynote.

"Patrice Desilets, Panache Digital Games

KEYNOTE: 15+ years of AAA game development: what now?"

http://www.rebootdevelop.hr/

www.hitbox.tv/rebootdevelop/profile (LIVE STREAM)

On the schedule it says it will be at 10 AM - 11 AM which I guess is in Croatian time which is 9 AM - 10 AM GMT and 1AM - 2AM PST (I think)...

If you want to watch it but can't then you can go this channel, he said he is going to record and upload.

www.youtube.com/acconspiracies

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnjZLA379U&feature=youtu.be

VoXngola
04-21-2015, 03:27 PM
I knew about this but I didn't know there was a live stream. Thank you!!
I'm so damn excited to hear him :D:D

Shahkulu101
04-21-2015, 04:37 PM
Hope it's a big announcement.

There's a chance he might not reveal anything at all though, so don't get too excited.

Sushiglutton
04-21-2015, 04:39 PM
I expect nothing less than a new Sermon on the Mount!

king-hailz
04-21-2015, 06:06 PM
Hope it's a big announcement.

There's a chance he might not reveal anything at all though, so don't get too excited.

Well on their website it does say he's going to talk about the last 15 years and 'WHAT NOW'... But he may just say he has a new company and they have an upcoming project.

I'm hoping for a name and a couple concept images... I would be reaching if I said I was hoping for a trailer....

VestigialLlama4
04-21-2015, 06:17 PM
I just hope he gets back and comes up with new stuff.

king-hailz
04-22-2015, 03:43 PM
I'm pretty sure it's an announcement now since they have been teasing us on twitter. 'get ready for a suprise' and someone asked patrice if he will talk about his upcoming game and he said yes. So... get ready for an announcement guys!

Sushiglutton
04-22-2015, 04:57 PM
I'm pretty sure it's an announcement now since they have been teasing us on twitter. 'get ready for a suprise' and someone asked patrice if he will talk about his upcoming game and he said yes. So... get ready for an announcement guys!

Wo-hooo it's happening! Very curious of the scope/size/aim of his new project. Expect something with a lot of Panache :)!

Link for the lazies: https://twitter.com/PatriceDez/status/590830944665362432

cawatrooper9
04-22-2015, 05:07 PM
Interesting. Looks like I might have a new IP to look forward to :D

The4orTy67
04-22-2015, 11:35 PM
"I'm happy to announce Andromeda Warriors, a side scrolling F2P title now available on the App Store and Google Play."
Jokes aside, I hope it's a console AAA game published by some big company like EA.

D.I.D.
04-22-2015, 11:39 PM
"I'm happy to announce Andromeda Warriors, a side scrolling F2P title now available on the App Store and Google Play."
Jokes aside, I hope it's a console AAA game published by some big company like EA.

You said "jokes aside".

king-hailz
04-23-2015, 07:11 AM
Well their website says they make third person AAA games with a narrative twist... I doubt they would have that on their website if they're going to make a side scroller. I think all we are gonna get is a name announcement and some concept art... I doubt we will see a trailer... that would probably be later... (maybe e3)

Sushiglutton
04-23-2015, 10:12 AM
Just saw the "reveal".

First there were a bunch of words that described PoP/AC and then it was the text "Now it's time for something new", lol nice stab there...

Then it was human history presented backwards with key scientific milestones. Then it was one concept art pic which was very blurry on my screen, but I think it was a shepherd (I dunno, looked a bit biblical). Finally the name was revealed which was "Ancestors : the Humankind Odyssey".

http://static.wixstatic.com/media/595a8f_6fd446af380041cab8e51bd4bc9404ed.png_srz_p_ 630_273_75_22_0.50_1.20_0.00_png_srz

http://www.panachedigitalgames.com/#!project/c1atk

"Our game is a third person action-adventure survival episodic game. Through each episodes, we want the player to relive the greatest moments of mankind with a documentary twist. Our civilisation is one idea away from extinction... or evolution."

Patrice also said that the team is currently 6 people. In other words the project is more dream than reality as this point. Really hope they make it, but I think there's a risk nothing will actually come out of this at then end. We'll see...

Shahkulu101
04-23-2015, 10:19 AM
The concept certainly sparks interest..."documentary twist" - really wonder what that means.

And yeah I hope the project is completed eventually. One thing's for sure, it's years and years away - I'll be waiting patiently for this one...

VestigialLlama4
04-23-2015, 10:32 AM
"The Humankind Odyssey" is a mouthful of a subtitle. Ancestors sounds like Patrice is "getting my own back" from ubisoft.

pirate1802
04-23-2015, 11:37 AM
Looks very intredasting. Loved that stab at ubisoft. :p If I had to take a guess at the 'documentary twist', I'd say it is a framing device to show the past; a documentary style.

king-hailz
04-23-2015, 11:55 AM
Well the concept was of a jungle with an Ape... I guess it will be episodes like a documentary series where we play as the same character that goes through all the points of history of mankind from cavemen times to 2013...

Fatal-Feit
04-23-2015, 12:00 PM
So Assassin's Creed without the Assassins and their Creed. I don't know what to think...

JK, I'm pretty excited now!

king-hailz
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Well we know the Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is announced by Patrice Desilets, whether it will actually release we don't know. However we know that it will be an episodic game in the vain of The Walking Dead etc... Each episode will take us to the greatest moments of humankind, if they're gonna be a lot of episodes coming out quicker than every year and we will see many historical settings will this take away the historical aspect away from AC?

Markaccus
04-23-2015, 12:09 PM
Well we know the Ancestors: The Humankind Odyssey is announced by Patrice Desilets, whether it will actually release we don't know. However we know that it will be an episodic game in the vain of The Walking Dead etc... Each episode will take us to the greatest moments of humankind, if they're gonna be a lot of episodes coming out quicker than every year and we will see many historical settings will this take away the historical aspect away from AC?

On the other hand, it might improve AC. It will be the first direct competition to ACs originality imo, so the franchise may have to buck up its ideas

wvstolzing
04-23-2015, 12:14 PM
No clues yet as to gameplay, though I remember something being mentioned on the Panache website about 'survival'.

I'd love to play as a Homo Erectus trying to 'survive' out in the savannah. :cool:

VestigialLlama4
04-23-2015, 12:47 PM

Initially Desilets announced a project called 1666 that had to do with the Dutch Golden Age and Rembrandt, that IP was taken away from him and he got fired. Without getting into why he was fired or not since there's no way of knowing about it, you can maybe say that they felt threatened by the project (Ubisoft have claimed the IP but don't seem to be sending anyone working on it, which means that they are stranding it development hell so as to make it that PD doesn't get hold of it again).

As for whether ANCESTORS will take away, we have no way of knowing that at all. If its a game not about stabbing, social stealth, conspiracies and secret societies, it cannot challenge AC. It will be different.

wvstolzing
04-23-2015, 01:31 PM
If its a game not about stabbing, social stealth, conspiracies and secret societies, it cannot challenge AC. It will be different.

Yeah, the announcement had a mocking tone with respect to AC's take on 'history' ('you've even chased popes; now it's time for something different', etc.); it *looks* like this one will be better grounded in reality.

I have to say, though, I'm really intrigued by the hominid-dude at the end of the teaser... Looks like it's even earlier than Erectus, a Homo Habilis, maybe?

cawatrooper9
04-23-2015, 01:48 PM
I don't think it will tarnish AC's gig. History is a wide topic- lately I've watched the history channel, read historical novels and biographies, taken history classes- I've found that, if anything, these actions do more to further spark my interest in AC rather than diminish it.

Democrito_71
04-23-2015, 02:25 PM
Eurogamer recorded a video from the presentation showing the teaser of Oatrice Desilets new IP.
Here's the article about it and the teaser trailer of the new IP. Enjoy :cool:;
http://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2015-04-23-assassins-creed-creator-patrice-desilets-announces-ancestors-the-humankind-odyssey

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qhaSUZ142GQ
Pretty funny that they gave Assassins Creed hints about Templars, haystacks and chasing the pope without mentioning AC at all XD

wvstolzing
04-23-2015, 02:54 PM
And if they publish this themselves, then it might even come out on Linux. :D :D

D.I.D.
04-23-2015, 03:10 PM
And if they publish this themselves, then it might even come out on Linux. :D :D

DX12, though. I understand there's still a lot of optimism for Linux in gaming, especially after Valve put its weight behind it.

But DX12.

dxsxhxcx
04-23-2015, 04:35 PM
"Through each episodes [sic], we want the player to relive the greatest moments of mankind with a documentary twist. Our civilisation is one idea away from extinction... or evolution. Stay tuned much more to come in 2015!"

I have a feeling that this game might give us multiple choices that'll affect the outcome of the story (similar to what Telltale does with their episodic series and CD Projekt does with The Witcher), or maybe he was just making an allusion to the "survival" aspect of the game, or maybe both... :cool:

anyway, the title looks promising, I hope it lives up to its expectations...

wvstolzing
04-23-2015, 05:07 PM
DX12, though. I understand there's still a lot of optimism for Linux in gaming, especially after Valve put its weight behind it.

But DX12.

The OpenGL (now 'Vulkan') camp isn't standing still either.

And if they're intending to publish for the PS4, they have to have a non-DX build anyhow. And it'll be a while before DX*12* becomes a *requirement* for *windows* games as well.

What makes me hopeful isn't really Valve's involvement (though in lots of ways it *is* very relevant, regardless whether steam machines are a commercial success); it's that we're coming to a point where for companies publishing on Linux is no longer a liability, or a risk not worth taking -- they're breaking even in a 'market' that didn't even exist two years ago. With natively running engines, and digital distribution, it's *almost* a matter of clicking a few check boxes for there to appear Linux binaries for a game.

Sushiglutton
04-23-2015, 05:14 PM
Well the concept was of a jungle with an Ape... I guess it will be episodes like a documentary series where we play as the same character that goes through all the points of history of mankind from cavemen times to 2013...

Ape-Shepherd, apples and oranges ;)!

On the other hand, it might improve AC. It will be the first direct competition to ACs originality imo, so the franchise may have to buck up its ideas

Let's be a bit reasonable here. AC is literary 50-100 times bigger in terms of people and budget (presumably). So Ancestors will probably have very little impact on AC. I have more hope that games like the Witcher 3 and GTA V will push Ubi to do something :D!

D.I.D.
04-23-2015, 05:21 PM
The OpenGL (now 'Vulkan') camp isn't standing still either.

And if they're intending to publish for the PS4, they have to have a non-DX build anyhow. And it'll be a while before DX*12* becomes a *requirement* for *windows* games as well.

What makes me hopeful isn't really Valve's involvement (though in lots of ways it *is* very relevant, regardless whether steam machines are a commercial success); it's that we're coming to a point where for companies publishing on Linux is no longer a liability, or a risk not worth taking -- they're breaking even in a 'market' that didn't even exist two years ago. With natively running engines, and digital distribution, it's *almost* a matter of clicking a few check boxes for there to appear Linux binaries for a game.

You make a convincing case for Linux, and my hat is off to you.

Let's be a bit reasonable here. AC is literary 50-100 times bigger in terms of people and budget (presumably). So Ancestors will probably have very little impact on AC. I have more hope that games like the Witcher 3 and GTA V will push Ubi to do something :D!

I don't think Panache intends to remain so small - it's just that this is the amount of staff it needs and can afford right now. They're still expanding even this small team, and there were hints in their early pronouncements that they have pretty big intentions for this project.

Perhaps they are looking for the backing of the right partners before they commit to the use of more people and resources.

Sushiglutton
04-23-2015, 05:28 PM
I don't think Panache intends to remain so small - it's just that this is the amount of staff it needs and can afford right now. They're still expanding even this small team, and there were hints in their early pronouncements that they have pretty big intentions for this project.

Perhaps they are looking for the backing of the right partners before they commit to the use of more people and resources.

That's very true. We will see what happens.

king-hailz
04-23-2015, 05:35 PM
That's very true. We will see what happens.

Yes, he did predict things for the franchise up to 2020, and he was talking about interactive experiences, maybe he is actually going to create the animus :eek:

dxsxhxcx
04-23-2015, 05:39 PM
Ape-Shepherd, apples and oranges ;)!

if Ubisoft has proven something is that more doesn't mean better, Panache will eventually get bigger but it won't be the size of its team that'll say if the game will be a success or not...

The4orTy67
04-23-2015, 06:04 PM
Oh, Patrice.

Xstantin
04-23-2015, 06:09 PM
There's a typo in the title :p
Anyway, I hope "coming soon" is soon and not 2017 or something

Sushiglutton
04-23-2015, 06:48 PM
if Ubisoft has proven something is that more doesn't mean better, Panache will eventually get bigger but it won't be the size of its team that'll say if the game will be a success or not...

Wasn't making a value judgemnent. Played games made by one person that are better than AC3. My point was just that it's a bit early to suggest that Ancestors will have a major impact on AC.

VoXngola
04-23-2015, 06:56 PM
Whatever it is, it's still very small and in the early stages. Many things could happen. They might get kinda far, the team might get a lot bigger, a cancelation and new start could happen etc etc.
You have to consider the fact that Panache was founded last November. It'll be a long time until this game releases, and during development a lot of things could change. Hell, maybe it won't end up being an episodic thing after all.

We'll have to wait and see. But I'm happy and excited to see Patrice in business again. Really looking forward.

ACZanius
04-23-2015, 07:17 PM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=otnjZLA379U

"Panache's first project:

Our first game is Ancestors : the Humankind Odyssey.Our game is a third person action-adventure survival episodic game. Through each episode, we want the player to relive the greatest moments of mankind with a documentary twist. Our civilisation is one idea away from extinction... or evolution."

http://www.panachedigitalgames.com/

Thoughts? Feelings? Comment below ;)

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-23-2015, 07:54 PM
Ohhh...

Looks interesting. I look forward to this :D

m4r-k7
04-23-2015, 08:05 PM
I liked everything until I heard "episodic"

Its a horrible practice in games where you have to buy different episodes. Just give us the full damn game at once. Interesting concept though.

GunnerGalactico
04-23-2015, 08:28 PM
Very interesting :eek:

Matknapers18
04-23-2015, 08:46 PM

Its a horrible practice in games where you have to buy different episodes. Just give us the full damn game at once. Interesting concept though.

Agreed. Sounds awesome, going through history and all these famous events. Moon Landing immediately came to mind for me.

But this episodic feature is a really annoying trend that is getting more popular in gaming. And it sucks. Especially in the way that Telltale do it, when you have to wait a couple months to play another hour of the game. Just give us the game. By segregating the game into separate fragments, the storyline only feels disconnected. Players lose interest, and it really makes you feel disengaged in the immersion. I struggle to see the benefits in an episodic system, especially with this project. You could argue that it works with TellTale because their games are based on TV shows, so episodes only feel natural. But here, it feels unnecessary.

I'll try and reserve judgement until we learn more. Still way more excited for this than I am for anything AC related.

dxsxhxcx
04-23-2015, 09:01 PM

maybe by episodic he meant something similar to AC, with an ongoing story connecting everything and then each episode/game focusing on a different era. it doesn't need to be short just because each installment was called an episode...

SixKeys
04-23-2015, 10:11 PM
maybe by episodic he meant something similar to AC, with an ongoing story connecting everything and then each episode/game focusing on a different era. it doesn't need to be short just because each installment was called an episode...

Doubt it. They wouldn't risk using a word like that which can be interpreted differently to describe a regular game.

Like it or not, episodic games are a workable solution for smaller companies like Patrice's. They don't have to charge as much per episode so more people might be willing to buy the game and they can keep a clear overview of the project at all times.

I-Like-Pie45
04-24-2015, 02:39 AM
The Church be boycottin' this man

HiddenKiller612
04-24-2015, 03:45 AM
I felt pretty eh about it... Seemed like more of a jab at Ubisoft, than an actual teaser trailer for the game.

AdamPearce
04-24-2015, 04:48 AM
I believe the episodic system is there to help them sustain their project, basically they will most likely create each new episode with the resources gained by the previous one. If this system works, it would mea that each episode would be greater and greater, constantly evoluting, adding and changing. Also, the whole idea is to make us go trough different historic event trough the human history, it only makes sense to have an episodic structure, since it fits with the global experience. Remember how hyped and excited everyone is to learn the next setting on AC ? Well it's exactly the same idea, only on a smaller scale, with much more diversity.

And omagod were gonna play a bloody Australopithecus how do you want it to suck !?!?!?!

pirate1802
04-24-2015, 07:23 AM
Meh, the way I look at episodic gaming is that, well if I like the beginning I'd pay for more. But if I don't, I can cut the crap and quit paying for more. I'd say for an unknown franchise it's better to have six episodes of 10$ each, than having to shell out the full 60$ at once and finding out it sucks. If Unity was episodic I'd guarantee you there would be a lot less pissed costumers. Infact I think the only downside I see is the wait between episodes, but some types of games make more sense episodically than others, and economically it makes perfect sense.

king-hailz
04-24-2015, 09:22 AM
Patrice said on twitter they only use the word episodic because there is no better word for it. Somebody asked if it was episodic like AC where there are many stories that make up one big story or like the telltale games, he said it is not like telltale games but that he can't go too much into it...

Sushiglutton
04-24-2015, 05:58 PM
Meh, the way I look at episodic gaming is that, well if I like the beginning I'd pay for more. But if I don't, I can cut the crap and quit paying for more. I'd say for an unknown franchise it's better to have six episodes of 10$ each, than having to shell out the full 60$ at once and finding out it sucks. If Unity was episodic I'd guarantee you there would be a lot less pissed costumers. Infact I think the only downside I see is the wait between episodes, but some types of games make more sense episodically than others, and economically it makes perfect sense.

Agreed. And for this project it seems very natural to divide the game in episodes. If the idea is that you visit various important event in human history.

If someone really dislikes the format they can just wait until all episodes are released and then buy the whole thing.

cawatrooper9
04-24-2015, 06:00 PM
I can't help but think that this announcement might force Ubi's hand into revealing a little more about Victory soon. Ubisoft likes to do what they have to to stay in the gaming news, but Patrice's new series has basically trumped back coverage of even the new Chronicles game.
But then again, maybe I'm just being optimistic.

king-hailz
04-24-2015, 07:06 PM
Agreed. And for this project it seems very natural to divide the game in episodes. If the idea is that you visit various important event in human history.

If someone really dislikes the format they can just wait until all episodes are released and then buy the whole thing.

Look at the last post on page 5.

dimbismp
04-24-2015, 07:08 PM
Am i the only one who is not excited?I mean AC may not be the perfect historical game,but what can Patrice offer with 6 people and limited resources?
Obviously i don't ask for a huge open world etc,i am only asking for a well written story, with decent gameplay and graphics.But i doubt that he is able to deliver that.

First of all the episodic nature of the games does not appeal me.It means that they will be short,like Telltale.Plus,how will they combine all these time periods with an overrarching rich narrative?Regardless of that,when i play a (historical)game i want to immerse in the world for hours...How will this game satisfy me with 2 hours playtime and limited environments(because they cannot create big environments for each episode)?

Secondly,i don't know if the time periods he teased were real,but they felt completely uninteresting to me,with the exception of rome and the 1st crusade.I mean,i like the documentary stuff,but for a game?
Finally,we all know Ubi aren't saints,but i feel that Petrice is really wtong to judge them all the time.It was really bad to mock AC even at the game's own announcement.Anyway,i believe Patrice is actually investing A LOT in the AC fans' fatigue and possible "hate" for the franchise.
Ofc we haven't seen anything about this game,but do people really believe that it will surpass AC?We may have grown a little bit tired of the series,but of think of this:AC gives the opportunity to visit and immerse yourself in massive historical settings(historical tourism),with a pretty good overral storyline so far(ofc it has ups and downs,it is kind of logical) and decent gameplay mechanics.With all these annual releases,ac has built a core that cannot be easily reached by other historical games IMO

Shahkulu101
04-24-2015, 07:24 PM
His digs do come off as a bit bitter, but that's totally understandable after he was unceremoniously fired and had his project stolen from him.

Altair1789
04-24-2015, 08:07 PM
It has potential. If nothing else, it's going to show us some cool time periods with current gen graphics. I know how 99% of you hate the American Revolution, but I'd LOVE to see Patrice's current gen rendition of the colonies. I imagine the frontier and snow would look beautiful. I hope Patrice doesn't stay away from doing time periods AC has done. Not too sure about the evolution aspect of this, I don't exactly want to play as a prokaryotic cell or a dinosaur :rolleyes:

But then again... a dinosaur would be fun for 1 mission or 2. I don't expect him to make all of those time periods shown in the video settings, there'll probably just be a crapton of lore around them. Overall I'm gonna say I'm a bit on the excited side

Matknapers18
04-24-2015, 08:51 PM
Am i the only one who is not excited?
You know thats not true.

i am only asking for a well written story, with decent gameplay and graphics.But i doubt that he is able to deliver that.

Why not? The guy has 15 years of game dev experience as is the creator of Assassin's Creed? Care to elaborate?

First of all the episodic nature of the games does not appeal me.It means that they will be short,like Telltale.
Patrice revealed on twitter that the episodic feature is not like Telltale's. We have no idea what the episodic structure for Ancestors is like yet.

How will this game satisfy me with 2 hours playtime and limited environments

There has been no reference to the games length and absolutely no reference to limited environments. This post is composed entirely from assumption.

because they cannot create big environments for each episode?
Tyranny of King Washington ring a bell? Open world and episodic.

Ofc we haven't seen anything about this game,but do people really believe
that it will surpass AC?
Don't see why not. Wouldn't exactly be difficult if games like Unity are what he's competing with. Most games in 2014 surpassed AC. Give the game a chance.

All we've got so far is a teaser trailer and a couple sentences of info and you are already dismissing it. You sound bitter that, based on speculation, a game could possibly be contending with AC. Try and reserve judgement until we get actual info and gameplay.

dimbismp
04-24-2015, 09:10 PM
You know thats not true.

Why not? The guy has 15 years of game dev experience as is the creator of Assassin's Creed? Care to elaborate?

Patrice revealed on twitter that the episodic feature is not like Telltale's. We have no idea what the episodic structure for Ancestors is like yet.

There has been no reference to the games length and absolutely no reference to limited environments. This post is composed entirely from assumption.

Tyranny of King Washington ring a bell? Open world and episodic.

Don't see why not. Wouldn't exactly be difficult if games like Unity are what he's competing with. Most games in 2014 surpassed AC. Give the game a chance.

All we've got so far is a teaser trailer and a couple sentences of info and you are already dismissing it. You sound bitter that, based on speculation, a game could possibly be contending with AC. Try and reserve judgement until we get actual info and gameplay.

You have a point,i may give this game a chance.BUT,what i am saying is that because AC is annually released,i believe that most people take it as a given.Obviously they are not the best game ever,but they are pretty good and overally the franchise is one of the best ever.It is no wonder why many people keep buying the games and getting hyped year after year.AC offers something unique,despite Ubi's tactics.

As for Ancestors' game length,environments etc,i am obviously making an assumption based on:
Low budget+Very few people+episodic nature(which means at least one game per year.Normally it would mean 2-3 episodes the year)=Limited environments.I think it is logical,whether it is true we will have to wait and see

Shahkulu101
04-24-2015, 09:13 PM
If they are struggling with money and set up a Kickstarter or Patreon, I'd be up for donating.

That's how much I want to see this.

marvelfannumber
04-24-2015, 09:41 PM
Dont really have much to say about this considering it seems to still be in VERY early development and there is also very little info about it.

However I will say that the concept sounds very intriguing and I am all for more historical video games as the market for those is pretty limited (unfortunatly) and competition is all well and good in capitalism.

Though the mere fact that Patrice is behind it is keeping me optimistic that it will come out alright.

D.I.D.
04-24-2015, 10:33 PM

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/2d/Half-Life_2_Episode_Two_title.jpg

D.I.D.
04-24-2015, 10:40 PM
limited environments(because they cannot create big environments for each episode)

We don't know that. Firstly, each game could be an 'episode' in name only: perhaps just as long as a whole game, but each one is thought of as a big chapter of an ongoing story, like AC was. Secondly games like Unity and The Division are showing how studios can arrange their tools to make big environments very easily, without them looking like a big copy/paste job.

I don't really care if it beats AC or not, and I hope both can be good. I just want a good new game from him. He didn't mock AC in the announcement, although people seem to have read it that way. It's addressing the elephant in the room in the only way it can, and it could have been a lot more cheeky than that if he'd really been trying to stick the boot in.

Zafar1981
04-25-2015, 07:16 AM
I only know that if Ubi$oft didn't fired Patrice then they would have a new franchise. I don't think every historical conflict would be between Assassin's and Templar. Templar organisation was formed in 11th Century and were wiped out in 14th.

Don't know what do episode means here may be he didn't want to use word trilogy.

wvstolzing
04-25-2015, 09:58 AM
I only know that if Ubi$oft didn't fired Patrice then they would have a new franchise. I don't think every historical conflict would be between Assassin's and Templar. Templar organisation was formed in 11th Century and were wiped out in 14th.

Remember though, that Patrice was still at the helm when AC2 was made; and that's the game that established that 'everyone's a templar'.

pirate1802
04-25-2015, 10:41 AM

Don't know what do episode means here may be he didn't want to use word trilogy.

Templars (and Assassins) are a way, way older than that. The crusades period was just the time these two groups came out publicly and took on the names Knights Templar and the Hashashins.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 07:22 PM
http://www.polygon.com/2015/4/23/8477513/ancestors-the-humankind-odyssey-patrice-desilets-new-game-assassins-creed-creator

what is this all about .? that slide show was directly aimed at ubisoft ?

"Even AC director is making fun of assassin creed ....."

D.I.D.
04-25-2015, 07:34 PM
It's a tiny little tongue-in-cheek joke. If he's going to come up with a game that's so clearly similar to his past work, and given how public his difficulties with Ubisoft have been, it would seem weird if it wasn't mentioned in some way in the promotion. It's just a different way of saying "FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU...", which is on thousands of films and games.

People are being far too defensive of Ubisoft and the AC brand, with some of them thinking he's mocking AC2. He clearly isn't - he only mentions the games on which he worked, and it's well known that he's proud of what he did while he was at Ubisoft. If he was going to snark at Ubi, the trailer might have said something about the excesses of the game after he left, but it doesn't.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 07:40 PM
Its like telling AC fans to stop playing AC and jump into other game . did you see the slides .

On top of that this guy made AC . so it felt funny . even he feels that way . [if this guy had stayed at ubisoft maybe he would have supported ubisoft, now that ubisoft kicked him out he ..gave his true opinion]

This clarifies one thing for prince of persia fans . These guys are totally milking money . no passion goes into making something genuine or continuing other games as AC equal

Shahkulu101
04-25-2015, 07:42 PM
I wonder if Patrice still likes the games. Pretty sure he would be appalled at Unity but he may have liked Black Flag.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 07:46 PM
http://race.assassinscreedpirates.com/

this link has better performance then black flag ..i mean look at it ...browser beating a pc game. ...some clever programming i guess

D.I.D.
04-25-2015, 07:50 PM
@virajith (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/276591-virajith)
Yes, I saw the slides, but I still don't think he's mocking AC. The thing about chasing the pope was always a joke. They put it in the game because it was funny. AC2 is crammed solid with silly, camp jokes and ridiculous situations. ACB carried on that pantomime spirit. Those games didn't take themselves seriously, and neither should you take them seriously.

@Shahkulu101 (http://forums.ubi.com/member.php/1421650-Shahkulu101)
I'd be interested to hear his views on that. I think he might actually like a lot of things about Unity. There are many things that made me think, "Ah, good - they've taken it back to AC1 in some ways". A lot of the worst excesses of the series were reined in significantly. Maybe he wouldn't like Unity at all, but I don't think it's inevitable.

Matknapers18
04-25-2015, 07:53 PM
It's a tiny little tongue-in-cheek joke. If he's going to come up with a game that's so clearly similar to his past work, and given how public his difficulties with Ubisoft have been, it would seem weird if it wasn't mentioned in some way in the promotion. It's just a different way of saying "FROM THE PEOPLE WHO BROUGHT YOU...", which is on thousands of films and games.

People are being far too defensive of Ubisoft and the AC brand, with some of them thinking he's mocking AC2. He clearly isn't - he only mentions the games on which he worked, and it's well known that he's proud of what he did while he was at Ubisoft. If he was going to snark at Ubi, the trailer might have said something about the excesses of the game after he left, but it doesn't.

Couldn't have put it better myself.

People need to chill out over this. The guy was sacked without being able to say goodbye to his team or collect his personal belongings. Everything he had worked for and created was gone. Let him have his little digs. They are just little, insignificant jokes, its not like he's ripping apart the franchise.

By getting worked up over this, you only end up looking like an obstinate, stubborn AC fanboy. It really isn't a big deal. Its a bit of fun for christ's sake. The keynote didn't even say the word 'Assassin' and everyone is still jumping on his back.

No one seems to care that he did the same for Prince of Persia. That only further supports that you are blinded by your 'love' for AC if you are offended by this.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 07:54 PM
when AC unity released it felt like next gen . ..because of the new engine and high res texture ,graphics
just by changing location & settling will it make Ac fans buy this game ? it needs to do more then that to make me buy atleast

who said im a AC fan ...hahahuha ...im a prince of persia fan so wnat a prince of persia game to comeout . i just dont hate AC ...

he did not say anything about prince of persia .by.jumping traps wall run ...he meant AC .
prince of persia did not release :P since 2010

Shahkulu101
04-25-2015, 07:55 PM
@D.I.D I think he may have liked the new mechanics and mission design but man, the game just really lacked heart.

GunnerGalactico
04-25-2015, 08:00 PM
Didn't sound like he was mocking any of the games. Patrice was simply referencing games (mainly the most popular ones) that Ubi created. It was meant to sound humorous.

D.I.D.
04-25-2015, 08:01 PM
@D.I.D I think he may have liked the new mechanics and mission design but man, the game just really lacked heart.

Oh yeah, definitely. It's the main thing I'm looking forward to seeing with his game, if he's not lost his touch for creating a game with spirit. Making me care about a game's story in the PS2 era was a pretty tall order, and I think the only games that had a real impact on me were his Sands of Time and Sony's Ico/Shadow of the Colossus.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 08:04 PM
He just showed a ape in that slide . dont know what that game might be

andrew_m50
04-25-2015, 08:04 PM
Am I the only one who thinks that this project has something to do with the First Civilization from AC?
Such a coincidence:
- the greatest moments of the mankind from the begnning
- the title of the project: Ancestors - The Mankind Odyssey
- the mocking of AC

What if they took out the core of AC (the First Civilization) and put it in a whole different game...the Ancestors?

Genos99
04-25-2015, 08:06 PM
definitely , "Ancestors":?? AC ??? related ??? ...or may be it is related to ....early man ?

D.I.D.
04-25-2015, 08:07 PM
Oh, NOW I recognise your username!

I followed the thread by Rinofuri that got moved to the PoP one http://forums.ubi.com/forumdisplay.php/108-Prince-of-Persia-General-Discussion

I notice that you've been having discussions about some kind of campaign to keep bringing topics up over here in some effort to promote a PoP reboot (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1051472-Support-Me-!!!-Guys-Lets-Take-Prince-of-persia-to-Assassisns-creed-Forums). Please don't do that. We have different boards for a reason. If Ubisoft wants to make a PoP game they'll make one, and they'll do market research to decide if it's worth it. These threads and petitions don't make any difference, and in fact the limp response you're getting might even turn them off.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 08:09 PM
Ya i mean see no one looks into pop forums ...so if we directly post here some one from ubisoft might check it and pass the message

if you looks into my thread you would understand my points ....clealry i have a valid point

the method of development is totally wrong ....i its easy to make a new AC game then pop ..still so many bugs . it should have been perfected by now

Altair1789
04-25-2015, 08:10 PM

Couldn't have put it better myself.

People need to chill out over this. The guy was sacked without being able to say goodbye to his team or collect his personal belongings. Everything he had worked for and created was gone. Let him have his little digs. They are just little, insignificant jokes, its not like he's ripping apart the franchise.

By getting worked up over this, you only end up looking like an obstinate, stubborn AC fanboy. It really isn't a big deal. Its a bit of fun for christ's sake. The keynote didn't even say the word 'Assassin' and everyone is still jumping on his back.

No one seems to care that he did the same for Prince of Persia. That only further supports that you are blinded by your 'love' for AC if you are offended by this.

Exactly. Hell, I'd support Patrice if he made a game called "Assassin's Kreed" starring Altaer. And not because I loved his series, but because Ubi treated him very badly imo

D.I.D.
04-25-2015, 08:30 PM
Ya i mean see no one looks into pop forums ...so if we directly post here some one from ubisoft might check it and pass the message

if you looks into my thread you would understand my points ....clealry i have a valid point

the method of development is totally wrong ....i its easy to make a new AC game then pop ..still so many bugs . it should have been perfected by now

No, I don't think you do have a valid point, and I don't think you understand how game development works. No, you can't perfect a game so that all its sequels will be problem-free: not unless you literally change nothing except the textures.

Now, this...

I
This clarifies one thing for prince of persia fans . These guys are totally milking money . no passion goes into making something genuine or continuing other games as AC equal

... feels a lot like the product of this:

i will creat one more and they wont be able to remove ...i got a idea see console forums AC

Tadaaa lets take it slowly to AC fans :) we shouldnt overwhelm them

http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1071337-Assassin-India-Resembles-Prince-of-persia?p=10701540#post10701540

You're not the master of subtlety that you imagine yourself to be.

Genos99
04-25-2015, 08:34 PM
im a developer i totally understand ...what happens behind the scene ^^ . your just a kid . whats your age btw ^^ ?

see i really know what im talking ? i can even explain ..if you want me to .

Btw do you know that AC china got pirated ? [why do you think i posted this question think and say ]

hahahua ...i mean searched the wrong thread ..hahahuha ...see everything ...:P

i used to hate AC but after i started developing programs i came to know how hard it was to create a game ...but again i started hating them why ?

it bcuz they were spaming ...same core engine ...yearly release ....pay money for a dlc but it is a standalone for gamers who dont understand etc etc ....think calmly and asnwer

Democrito_71
04-25-2015, 09:11 PM
im a developer i totally understand ...what happens behind the scene ^^ . your just a kid . whats your age btw ^^ ?
see i really know what im talking ? i can even explain ..if you want me to .
Btw do you know that AC china got pirated ? [why do you think i posted this question think and say ]
hahahua ...i mean searched the wrong thread ..hahahuha ...see everything ...:P
i used to hate AC but after i started developing programs i came to know how hard it was to create a game ...but again i started hating them why ?
it bcuz they were spaming ...same core engine ...yearly release ....pay money for a dlc but it is a standalone for gamers who dont understand etc etc ....think calmly and asnwer

You're giving me the impression that you just want to irritate, troll or to start a fight against other forum members
on the Assassins Creed General discussion(Console).

There's a good reason why there's different boards on the forums so if you wish a new or a remaster of a PoP game, then discuss it on the PoP board with other PoP fans instead of promoting a new PoP game on the AC-forums.

Namikaze_17
04-25-2015, 09:27 PM
Going by the title, I was expecting a controversial side swipe. Turns out, it was only a minor tongue-in-cheek joke that shouldn't be taken seriously.

I'm glad I took a few days off AC...

Genos99
04-25-2015, 09:44 PM
You're giving me the impression that you just want to irritate, troll or to start a fight against other forum members
on the Assassins Creed General discussion(Console).

There's a good reason why there's different boards on the forums so if you wish a new or a remaster of a PoP game, then discuss it on the PoP board with other PoP fans instead of promoting a new PoP game on the AC-forums.

i want to fight ubisoft not you guys ." dont judge a book by its cover " "...and please dont judge me by reading my msgs "

if i want to fight you guys ....i would have totally insulted AC ..which im not doing . also i would have called you for a rapid fire round ....hmmm see ...i dont feel anything right from a gamer or from a developers point of view .
ubisoft - they have money ..they want money ......ubisoft should change . thats all i want to see ....i will do anything to make this happen .

im not posting about prince of persia in AC forums ..AC moderators aleardy moved it to pop thread ..>.< .

Ubisoft should personally answer my questions ? i want some one from ubisoft to see this forums thread and talk to me directly .im asking this as a AC gamers
they cant even treat there own employee properly so why will it treat us fans properly ? we all are like nobody to them . ? AC or pop ...i have questions come on ubisoft .

bitebug2003
04-25-2015, 09:53 PM
Back on topic please!

wvstolzing
04-25-2015, 11:34 PM
Back on topic please!

Yes, but merging that other thread with this one would inevitably have derailed the topic, and it did.

Genos99
04-26-2015, 06:42 AM
"This clarifies one thing for prince of persia fans . These guys are totally milking money . no passion goes into making something genuine or continuing other games as AC equal"

with this i meant ..why ubisoft is not treatming AC and pop .. equal.

"i will creat one more and they wont be able to remove ...i got a idea see console forums AC "

with this i meant the topic diverting and removing which ubisoft moderators do everytime .

" Tadaaa lets take it slowly to AC fans http://static5.cdn.ubi.com/u/ubiforums/20130918.419/images/smilies/smile.png we shouldnt overwhelm them "

Some AC fans are aggressive .So i thought to introduce you guys with pop slowly . thts all ..hmm some people dont understand ..hmm leave it ..

lasha7716
07-21-2015, 04:20 PM
I'm sorry if there already is thread about this
so I just found this trailer and it's game about history as far as I can say and there is heavy AC references in it and at first I thought is AC spin-off game by ubi but it turned out not to be true.and when I looked further it seems that this game is made by same guy who made AC1,2 Brotherhood and 1st PoP(sorry dont now his name)
I thought this would be interesting for you guys
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ucyi2WT7XwQ

dimbismp
07-21-2015, 05:17 PM
I really don't like the events that the teaser trailer is focusing on...Events,periods and people who truly shaped humanity were omitted,while others which are significant,but not THAT important were mentioned.I'll give some examples:

From 1000 onwards,there is no mention of the 2 world wars,the industrial revolution,the french revolution,the enlightenment,the renaissance...Events that shaped modern society.While in the meantime the events the trailer showcased were "charles darwin is born","the population reaches 1 billion","the first plane",and all the scientific stuff of the late 20th-early 21st century,which may be extremely important,but i feel that they didn't shape humanity like the events i mentioned(at least until now).Let alone that i don't see how they can be adaapted in a video game

In the meanwhile between 1000 AD and ~600 BC,we only get the Fall of the Roman Empire...No mention of great civilisations like the Greeks for example.In the meanwhile,we get Siddharta Gautama,and no Jesus Christ or Muhammad or whoever other religion leader.

Anyway,this is just a teaser,we don't know what will appear in the final product

I-Like-Pie45
07-21-2015, 06:38 PM
the second world war is just a minor footnote in history

Altair1789
07-22-2015, 03:51 AM
I really don't like the events that the teaser trailer is focusing on...Events,periods and people who truly shaped humanity were omitted,while others which are significant,but not THAT important were mentioned.I'll give some examples:

From 1000 onwards,there is no mention of the 2 world wars,the industrial revolution,the french revolution,the enlightenment,the renaissance...Events that shaped modern society.While in the meantime the events the trailer showcased were "charles darwin is born","the population reaches 1 billion","the first plane",and all the scientific stuff of the late 20th-early 21st century,which may be extremely important,but i feel that they didn't shape humanity like the events i mentioned(at least until now).Let alone that i don't see how they can be adaapted in a video game

In the meanwhile between 1000 AD and ~600 BC,we only get the Fall of the Roman Empire...No mention of great civilisations like the Greeks for example.In the meanwhile,we get Siddharta Gautama,and no Jesus Christ or Muhammad or whoever other religion leader.

Anyway,this is just a teaser,we don't know what will appear in the final product

I'm just going to wait until he stops this "episodic" thing he mentioned and gets into full games based on recent historic events (1000 AD - now). I don't know much about non-religious or non-scientific human history before that. I know a little bit about the Roman Empire though

the second world war is just a minor footnote in history

Along with the first world war, it greatly impacted politics today. It's effects are still showing today, most as major political issues