PDA

View Full Version : plain keeps on rolling to the right

ZTeeVeR
09-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi,
I have a problem. almost all of the planes i fly keep on rolling to the left.
my joystick configuration is good, so thats not the problem. For some planes i can correct this with the trim, but for example the spit MKI Xe keeps on rolling to the right, and trimming doesn't work?

hope you can help me out

cheers

ZTeeVeR

ZTeeVeR
09-15-2004, 01:47 PM
Hi,
my joystick configuration is good, so thats not the problem. For some planes i can correct this with the trim, but for example the spit MKI Xe keeps on rolling to the right, and trimming doesn't work?

hope you can help me out

cheers

ZTeeVeR

Maple_Tiger
09-15-2004, 01:57 PM
Try using aileron trim. CTRL and Left or Right Arrow.

If she rolls to the left, then trim it to the right and vise versa.

Also, some planes may not have trim.

I just tride the Spitfire MK Ixe. Without using trim, she rolled to the Left. Wich is normal.

Mayby you are over trimming it? Or mayby your stick old.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.
http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Maple_Tiger/FBAA2.gif
Proud member of the FBAA and Nutty Philosohpy Club.
-----------------------------
The more less you'r travelling, the further back in time you go.

I am hear,
but not quite there.
I am near,
Come if you dare.

Kefuddle
09-15-2004, 02:10 PM
Its a sign of a good sim! If the prop turns to the right when viewed from the cockpit, then the plane will yaw to the left with the secondary effect of a left roll too (and visa versa). Due to the air screw helix effect of the prop striking the tail fin and reaction torque.

gates123
09-15-2004, 02:27 PM
Dont forget Luft fighters dont have aileron or rudder trim. At least none that are adjustable from in the cockpit. Why is my foot so tired all the time?

http://www.fightingcolors.com/custompagestuff/b17visibility72.jpg
Did anyone see that or was it just me?

CapBackassward
09-15-2004, 02:59 PM
Is it a Logitech joystick? The last line of models from Logitech have had a lot of complaints, like losing right or left axis.

Rick

BlackShrike
09-15-2004, 03:07 PM
ten bucks says he has a logitech joystick. they all roll to the left. they suck, worst sticks in world . they all come broken

El Turo
09-15-2004, 04:16 PM
Buy more RAM!

http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/images/smiley/16x16_smiley-very-happy.gif

Callsign "Turo" in IL2:FB & WWIIOL
of worship
I thought,
reloading my rifle.

~V.

VW-IceFire
09-15-2004, 04:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by ZTeeVeR:
Hi,

hope you can help me out

cheers

ZTeeVeR<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Spitfire doesn't have aileron trim, neither does the FW190. You can't really correct this, although a bit of rudder to counter this behaviour is useful. This is, as I'm told, a fairly accurate thing involving torque of the engine.

I shouldn't say that the Spitfire or FW190 don't have aileron trim, its that they can't be adjusted in flight. They were adjusted during factory testing and I imagine by squadron workers on the ground.

http://home.cogeco.ca/~cczerneda/sigs/tmv-sig1.jpg
RAF No 92 Squadron
"Either fight or die"

Chuck_Older
09-15-2004, 05:11 PM
torque roll

"for every action, there is an equal and opposite reaction"
It's true. Ask any girl I've dated

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v441/Chuck_Older/clarkchampion.jpg
Flower of Scotland, when will we see your like again?

Zooly235
09-15-2004, 05:27 PM
IceFire you are correct about the rudder trim, i was talking to a guy at duxford and he explained to me at some length about the torque effects of the spit mk (cant remember off hand but it was the last mark of spit built).
the griffen engine spun in the opposite direction to that of the merlin, this caused problems with pilots that were moving to the later marks (they trimmed the griffen engined spits like they did with the merlin engined (upon conversion a few accidents did occur)

ZTeeVeR
09-17-2004, 01:26 PM
BlackShrike

posted 15-09-04 14:07
ten bucks says he has a logitech joystick. they all roll to the left. they suck, worst sticks in world . they all come broken

Geheheh its a thrustmaster

Ok torque roll, sounds logical!

thanks!!

Xinterface
09-17-2004, 01:36 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CapBackassward:
Is it a Logitech joystick? The last line of models from Logitech have had a lot of complaints, like losing right or left axis.

Rick<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

I hear ya cap.. Just replaced one for this same problem.. Logitech needs to fix this problem, quickly!

X