PDA

View Full Version : Rogue: Armour and Sword, completely stuck **SPOILERS**

Jackdaw951
04-20-2015, 05:53 PM
OK, I think I screwed myself. I found and solved every totem, then came to the location of the native armor before doing this Armor and Sword mission. Now it tells me to "follow Onatah" forever, and interacting with the door to the armor just tells me to progress further in the memory sequence to unlock new locations.

Any advice, workarounds, programmers at Ubisoft to curse at?

Edit: Ah! Found a workaround. Running back toward the ship, there's a high cliff. Jump, not into the water. Die. It respawns you walking with Onatah, and the memory completes properly. Interacting with the door then lets you get inside.

Markaccus
04-20-2015, 06:28 PM
Yeah this happened to me too. Would not complete until i re-started from last checkpoint. Not that i ever bothered to finnish the game :D

Jackdaw951
04-20-2015, 07:30 PM
Oh, yeah. Restart from last checkpoint. Dying/desynching is the hard way to do that. :D

SixKeys
04-20-2015, 09:59 PM
This is why you shouldn't rush to complete side missions before the main story. :p

Jackdaw951
04-20-2015, 10:22 PM
Gathering resources, capturing and building up everything are what I like most about the naval ACs. I'm at 100% on the Morrigan, with most of the world captured, and I'm only a couple of memories into Sequence 3. Sorry if this stresses rickety programming too much. They could have always gated some of this progress behind further storyline points, as they did in Black Flag.

Dead1y-Derri
04-21-2015, 03:17 AM
Gathering resources, capturing and building up everything are what I like most about the naval ACs. I'm at 100% on the Morrigan, with most of the world captured, and I'm only a couple of memories into Sequence 3. Sorry if this stresses rickety programming too much. They could have always gated some of this progress behind further storyline points, as they did in Black Flag.

Agreed, I always do a lot of the side content first because if I did not I'd complete the game and then a lot of the passion for doing side activities kind of dies. I did this with Watch Dogs where I ended up only completing some of the side quests and once I completed the main campaign, I was kind of left with a lot of repetitive side tasks.

So its good to work on the side stuff before just jumping into the game.

SixKeys
04-21-2015, 03:36 AM

I agree, AC4 was better about allowing the player to do what they wanted within reason. Rogue's story takes waaay too much time with tutorial missions.

Tolkyyn
07-12-2017, 03:47 AM
Well now I'm in the same boat. Rescued all the Brits on one side of river, rescued the 12 natives on the other, talked to Onatha or whatever and now I'm stuck in hell. It says zero progress on the memory, I can't do anything. This game is really broken.

Tolkyyn
07-18-2017, 12:12 AM
Okay, I don't think the issue has anything to do with side missions. I was only offered the choice to restart from memory, and that put me in a world that was totally empty of any other living thing except my crew. So I had to do a file verification, and that allowed me to restart the entire memory, which solved it. I didn't do a thing while Otanah spoke, let the game move me to the door.

przemeks1982
08-30-2017, 11:09 AM
It helps if you just leave to Animus, and then go back to Animus - no need to die or restart from last checkpoint.

I noticed that it helps if you just slowly follow the Onatah without rushing to the door and reaching it before her. Actually you can stop doing anything and just wait for Shay to walk with Onatah all by himself. When I did it like that I didn't have that bug.

Anyway, I play on PC and Rogue seems way more bugged than other AC's. :/ I also have this annoying bug with not being able to board the ship sometimes (I just don't get the "Press 'S' button to board").