PDA

View Full Version : Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Free To Play

ThaPro1998
04-16-2015, 08:40 PM
What if Ubisoft released an Assassin's Creed Multiplayer game for the public for free? Would it be a wise choice?
Examples of Free to Play games are Team Fortress 2, Planetside 2, League of Legends, Dota and Tom Clancy's ghost recon phantoms.
These games usually earn profit through in-game items such as cosmetics and boosts.
Because of how the games are free to the public, players will be given the chance to test out the games without having to spend a single cent. This increases the chances of people trying out the games, leading to a larger community of players.

So, what if Ubisoft released an Assassin's Creed Multiplayer game on PC for free? Will it be a good idea or a bad one?
Considering how the AC4 multiplayer is similar to the game engine of AC3 multiplayer, all that is required are new textures, models and skins. Not a lot of extra coding is required.

Pros:
More players are willing to test the game.
Higher player population.
Generation of profit through in-game purchases
Publicity and Popularity

Cons:
Free game, In-Game items must be attractive enough for people to purchase.
High quality servers to maintain high population.
Regular updates and patches.
Heavy commitment by the Ubisoft Team.

If Assassin's Creed Multiplayer Free to Play were to be implemented, maybe players should be given the chance to create and submit their own skins to be sold as an In-Game item. That way, both Ubisoft and the creator will benefit. Lesser workload for Ubisoft, players get to earn profit.

What are your opinions on this?

ThaPro1998
05-28-2015, 04:00 PM
No takers?

LedoveeeKladivo
05-28-2015, 08:39 PM
simply: NO!! NO!! NO!!

why do you want destroy this game with "PAY TO WIN" model? I hope, that this will never happend!!!

Anykeyer
06-02-2015, 09:53 AM
There are only 2 ways MP can exist. Either its part of SP, uses the same gameplay and (preferably) seamlessly integrated in SP (like it was in watch dogs) or it should become standalone F2P title with proper continuous support.
That old "kinda separate but bundled with annualy released SP game" approach wont work. It will never get enough playerbase and attention from developers.

zSolarStorm
06-02-2015, 02:37 PM
BAD IDEA! Free to play games are ****

strigoi1958
06-02-2015, 09:01 PM
It's something that some people like... a lot of people are hooked on candy crush saga. I don't think it is for me though. I like to move on to other games regularly. And usually those games set a target and when you reach it they add more to keep you going so you never really win because there is no end.

ThaPro1998
06-12-2015, 12:50 PM
simply: NO!! NO!! NO!!

why do you want destroy this game with "PAY TO WIN" model? I hope, that this will never happend!!!

Doesn't have to be a P2W game. Just like for AC4BF Multiplayer, you only spend real money on profile pictures or character skins.