PDA

View Full Version : NOOB with a question ... help would be appreciated

Cicada--LS--
05-27-2004, 03:28 AM
#1- Fellas I rececntlypurchased and started flying IL-2F.B.(AEP), love the game , but I have having what I think is an issue. Or it could be my own NOOBness driving me nutz. During straight and level flight (in a P-51) I am having to apply both right rudder and/or left stick to stay on course. I understand that there is some compensation for both Torque and wind , but is it that excessive with all of you ?
#2- If you had to chose of the 3 , which .60 model R/C aircraft would you build ? A.P-51 B.P-40 C. A Spit ?

Cicada--LS--
05-27-2004, 03:28 AM
#1- Fellas I rececntlypurchased and started flying IL-2F.B.(AEP), love the game , but I have having what I think is an issue. Or it could be my own NOOBness driving me nutz. During straight and level flight (in a P-51) I am having to apply both right rudder and/or left stick to stay on course. I understand that there is some compensation for both Torque and wind , but is it that excessive with all of you ?
#2- If you had to chose of the 3 , which .60 model R/C aircraft would you build ? A.P-51 B.P-40 C. A Spit ?

EFG_Zeb
05-27-2004, 03:40 AM
You need to trim those forces out.

"See, Decide, Attack, Reverse or Coffee Break" E.H.

609IAP_Recon
05-27-2004, 04:20 AM
might want to make sure your joystick is calibrated as well.

Salute!

IV/JG51_Recon

http://www.forgottenskies.com/jg51sig2.jpg

ThanasisK
05-27-2004, 04:32 AM
I had the same problem, until I changed my input configuration (1 4 9 16 25 and so on) fron linear to x squared and bought a better stick.

Maple_Tiger
05-27-2004, 04:33 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Cicada--LS--:
#2- If you had to chose of the 3 , which .60 model R/C aircraft would you build ? A.P-51 B.P-40 C. A Spit ?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Step away from the computer!

You are not having an issue, and it is normal.

To trim the nose down a bit:

Press CTRL and up arrow.

To trim it up:

CTRL and down arrow.

Sometimes youl notice the plane rolling to the left by it's self. I find eleron trim works best for this issue. To correct this, press Ctrl and right arrow.

Capt. 361stMapleTiger.
http://img52.photobucket.com/albums/v158/Maple_Tiger/FBAA2.gif
Proud member of the FBAA and Nutty Philosohpy Club.