PDA

View Full Version : "The Hell Hawks" Updated Campaign now up.



jayarbro
01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I have fixed the waypoints, mission goals & loadouts. Here is the link.
http://www.goldenmonkey.net/fb/Hellhawks_final.zip
This is a 19 mission branched campaign based on the 365th fighter group during the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes.

jayarbro
01-21-2004, 03:07 PM
I have fixed the waypoints, mission goals & loadouts. Here is the link.
http://www.goldenmonkey.net/fb/Hellhawks_final.zip
This is a 19 mission branched campaign based on the 365th fighter group during the Battle of the Bulge in the Ardennes.

jayarbro
01-21-2004, 04:35 PM
It is also up at sim-outhouse if it makes any difference. Here is the link.
http://www.sim-outhouse.com/index.php?loc=il2&page=addons

badaboom.1
01-21-2004, 07:36 PM
JAYARBRO,Thank You!!!,I just made it through the first mission,barely!!well I crashed 3 times prior to that! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gifI'M having loads of fun flying low in the blizzard!!![THE P-47 IS A SCREAM].BTW I had no probs downloading &installing your Campaign,but EXTREME ONES won't install for me,Anyone having simular probs?

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Blacksheeprab.jpg

Old_Canuck
01-21-2004, 08:51 PM
S! Looks promising.

OC

"You don't stop playing because you grow old, you grow old because you stop playing."

jayarbro
01-22-2004, 05:44 AM
[QUOTE]BTW I had no probs downloading &installing your Campaign,but EXTREME ONES won't install for me,Anyone having simular probs?
*****

Are you running Windows XP with V1.21 in the default files? I never had any problem. You might PM Extreme_One if you can't get it to work. It is much better getting American Awards.

Extreme_One
01-23-2004, 06:04 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by badaboom.1:
JAYARBRO,Thank You!!!,I just made it through the first mission,barely!!well I crashed 3 times prior to that! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gifI'M having loads of fun flying low in the blizzard!!![THE P-47 IS A SCREAM].BTW I had no probs downloading &installing your Campaign,but EXTREME ONES won't install for me,Anyone having simular probs?

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Blacksheeprab.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

What problems are you having badaboom.1?

Great campaign JAYARBRO I'm really enjoying it!
I hope to see more of your work soon!

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html).

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html). *NEW* Updated for FB 1.21

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/ex1_soon.jpg

Balls-Out
01-23-2004, 06:55 PM
When I push the generate button nothing happens,is it possible that the 1.22 patch interferes with the generation of the campaign, since you did mention the compatability with the 1.21 patch....ed

Balls-Out
01-24-2004, 09:15 AM
I installed the Hell Hawks campaign after I installed the 1.22 patch.I cannot seem to generate the campaign..Can you please give some advise on installation etc. By the way,My wife's uncle was the first to spot the German tank advance in the Ardennes. His name was Col.John W.Motzenbecker commanding officer of the 365th fighter squadron.....thanks ed

DONB3397
01-24-2004, 09:32 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>BTW I had no probs downloading &installing your Campaign,but EXTREME ONES won't install for me,Anyone having simular probs?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Actually, both the RAF and Real Deal campaigns are self-installing, but I had to do both installations twice. In my case, my FB is installed on a second hard drive in a specially named folder. Both campaigns created separate folders inside the FB folder. Be sure to use the precise address when you install the folders. It's worth the effort. Also, looking forward to Hell Hawks sometime this weekend.

Winning isn't everything;
It's the only thing!
http://us.f2.yahoofs.com/bc/3fe77b7e_1812a/bc/Images/Sig---1.jpg?BC45wDABE.hvLZQo

jayarbro
01-24-2004, 01:02 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Balls-Out:
I installed the Hell Hawks campaign after I installed the 1.22 patch.I cannot seem to generate the campaign..Can you please give some advise on installation etc. By the way,My wife's uncle was the first to spot the German tank advance in the Ardennes. His name was Col.John W.Motzenbecker commanding officer of the 365th fighter squadron.....thanks ed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
***
If you installed FB to the default C:\Program files|Ubi Soft\IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Unzip all the files to C:\.
Make sure you have checked "use file names" and "overwrite files" in the winzip program. When you open IL2 FB, select camapign and click new. On the campaign screen select USA under country and under career click on the drop down arrow. You should see "The Hell Hawks" listed. Select the highest rank if you want to lead the flights and have command over your wingmen. If you don't mind following, you can select any rank. If you get the read me file on your desktop, you should be good to go. If you still can't get it, send me a PM or check back here. The 1.22 patch shouldn't make any difference as far as I can tell.

jayarbro
01-24-2004, 01:07 PM
[Quote]
Originally posted by Extreme_One:
Great campaign JAYARBRO I'm really enjoying it!
I hope to see more of your work soon!
****
I'm about to start another one but I have to hang out with the wife for a while first. She is getting a little sick of me "playing" on the computer at the moment. http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_mad.gif

Balls-Out
01-24-2004, 08:04 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jayarbro:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Balls-Out:
I installed the Hell Hawks campaign after I installed the 1.22 patch.I cannot seem to generate the campaign..Can you please give some advise on installation etc. By the way,My wife's uncle was the first to spot the German tank advance in the Ardennes. His name was Col.John W.Motzenbecker commanding officer of the 365th fighter squadron.....thanks ed<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
***
If you installed FB to the default C:\Program files|Ubi Soft\IL2 Sturmovik Forgotten Battles, Unzip all the files to C:\.
Make sure you have checked "use file names" and "overwrite files" in the winzip program. When you open IL2 FB, select camapign and click new. On the campaign screen select USA under country and under career click on the drop down arrow. You should see "The Hell Hawks" listed. Select the highest rank if you want to lead the flights and have command over your wingmen. If you don't mind following, you can select any rank. If you get the read me file on your desktop, you should be good to go. If you still can't get it, send me a PM or check back here. The 1.22 patch shouldn't make any difference as far as I can tell.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Balls-Out
01-24-2004, 08:10 PM
Thanks! it worked ,I am up and flying the first mission....ed

FullFlaps
01-25-2004, 07:44 AM
Let me see if I understand you correctly. If I unzip this to my C:\ drive , it will install in FB on its' own?

CAP401
01-25-2004, 08:48 AM
I downloaded Hell Hawks and I knoow it's in my system, but it's not there when I play FB. Do I have unzip or did it do that on it's own? If so, how do I unzip it?

Extreme_One
01-25-2004, 08:52 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FullFlaps:
Let me see if I understand you correctly. If I unzip this to my C:\ drive , it will install in FB on its' own?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes.
He's made it work that way by letting his zip include the 'paths' to the relevant folders for your FB install.

S! Simon
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html).

Download the USAAF campaign folder here (http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html). *NEW* Updated for FB 1.21

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/raf_sig.jpg

CAP401
01-25-2004, 11:09 AM
How do yu unzip?

skunkertx
01-25-2004, 12:26 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CAP401:
How do yu unzip?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

You pull the zipper.

FullFlaps
01-25-2004, 02:43 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Extreme_One:
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by FullFlaps:
Let me see if I understand you correctly. If I unzip this to my C:\ drive , it will install in FB on its' own?<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Yes.
He's made it work that way by letting his zip include the 'paths' to the relevant folders for your FB install.

_S! Simon_
'''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''''' '''''
Download the RAF campaign folder http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html.

Download the USAAF campaign folder http://www.netwings.org/library/Forgotten_Battles/Missions/index-9.html. _*NEW* Updated for FB 1.21_

http://extremeone.4t.com/images/raf_sig.jpg <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
Killer. Easy enough. I'd like to see more files zipped like that. Lol You know, when it knows where to go! LOL

Your Campaign is off the hook also Extreme_one. Thanks you also! S!

badaboom.1
01-25-2004, 04:57 PM
HEY EXTREME ONE,I took a close look at the above posts and figured out my problem,It seems I like to complicate the uncomplicated!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gifInstead of just double clicking on your Campign icon ,andthen clicking 'GO FOR IT'[which I just did]I decided to take the road least traveled[and leads to nowhere!]and tried to extract the Campaign directly into my C/PROGRAMFILES/IL2-FB/MISSIONS/CAMPAIGN/U.S.Anyway the'REAL DEAL' will generate a Campaign but the other one USAF will not &lt;I think I need to download something else?&gt;I can't wait to try it SIMOM THANK YOU!! OH!! BTW JAYARBRO,I'm on my third mission and I'm sad to report I have 0 kills but managed to mangle ,beyond repair 11 P-47S!!!!!!!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Blacksheeprab.jpg

CAP401
01-25-2004, 05:37 PM
No. Seriously.How do you unzip this to FB. I have no idea. I'm sorry if it sounds like a stupid question but I'm not too good with computers.

badaboom.1
01-25-2004, 09:24 PM
Hello Cap!! I'M not to good with computers either but I'LL tell you what worked for me.After downloading HELLHAWKS Campaign,right click with your mouse on the icon,use your arrow to go down to EXTRACT ALL,THEN CLICK BROWSE,use your arrow to find C-drive &install,hope it works for you, it's alot of fun,SO DON'T GIVE UP!!!! GOOD LUCK!!! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_wink.gif

http://img9.photobucket.com/albums/v27/badaboom/Blacksheeprab.jpg

skunkertx
01-25-2004, 11:20 PM
Hello,
Can't get pass mission 19...I keep getting a "Mission Failed" message.

jayarbro
01-26-2004, 10:49 AM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skunkertx:
Hello,
Can't get pass mission 19...I keep getting a "Mission Failed" message.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
****
I hate to spoil the suspense but you have to shoot down at least 2 of the 109s. I know it ain't easy but I warned you. Remember where it said "Good Luck...You are going to need it"?
Don't worry, it's the last mission anyway.

skunkertx
01-26-2004, 11:39 AM
Hi, but right when I take off, it says Mission Failed...plus...I don't see any 109s anywhere...not even on the map.

Insuber
01-26-2004, 03:04 PM
Good job, thanx !

Regards,
Insuber

jayarbro
01-26-2004, 05:28 PM
<BLOCKQUOTE class="ip-ubbcode-quote"><font size="-1">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by skunkertx:
Hi, but right when I take off, it says Mission Failed...plus...I don't see any 109s anywhere...not even on the map.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
*****
Do you have the updated campaign or the old one?
Try DLing the zip file & only unzip mission #19 with the properties file. It works for me. Check back if that does not get it.