PDA

View Full Version : Assasins's Creed: Unity Hidden Moves (Kong Vault and Barell Roll)

rain89cp
04-13-2015, 02:33 AM
Hi all,

I heard that Arno can perform a Kong Vaullt in game, could anyone confirm this ? If so how do you do it ?

I managed to figure out a barrel roll move by holding sprint and pressing parkour down just as you are about to connect with the ledge of the next object.

Are there any other hidden moves anyone could share ?

Cornik22
04-13-2015, 10:32 AM
I'd like to know this too. Could you post a video doing the barrel roll?

Defalt221
04-13-2015, 12:42 PM
Sadly no. They sometimes don't work and Arno just vaults like normal. Like when you run diagonally towards an execuation platform he does this roll move but sometimes he doesn't. I was excited at first, then tried it so many times cos it looked cool. But no!

rain89cp
04-14-2015, 10:13 PM
I'd like to know this too. Could you post a video doing the barrel roll?

Haven't had time to make a video but it's basically like I said, just press the parkour down button just as soon as you are about to land on the object.

I still haven't figured out how to do the kong vault, I'm sure it exist as there are some moves that were rare and was no explained on e3 or pax gameplays or on the game guides.

Again, if anyone knows how to perform the kong vault or any other hidden moves, please share !

Will try to make a video tonight and share.

Jexx21
04-15-2015, 01:52 AM
Aren't you the guy that really wanted a japanese game or something?

rain89cp
04-15-2015, 02:09 AM
Aren't you the guy that really wanted a japanese game or something?

Hi Jexx. You still remember me huh ? haha. Still around, I see.
Yes I am that guy who wanted a Japanese and Chinese setting, mostly Chinese.

itsamea-mario
04-15-2015, 03:40 AM
hello chum.

m4r-k7
04-15-2015, 12:28 PM
All the moves are either random / dependant on the obstacle. I have done the barrel roll before.

BananaBlighter
04-18-2015, 10:04 AM
I knew about the barrel roll for some time now but yesterday I managed to just randomly do a kong vault while trying a barrel roll. I could post a vid of it if you like.

rain89cp
04-18-2015, 05:23 PM
I knew about the barrel roll for some time now but yesterday I managed to just randomly do a kong vault while trying a barrel roll. I could post a vid of it if you like.

Could you, please ?

rrebe
04-18-2015, 07:28 PM
Could you, please ?

Here's a short clip I saved today, these the moves you were talking about?

http://tinypic.com/r/142g8qw/8 (I hope the link works, couldn't be bothered to upload to youtube.. :rolleyes: )

That's a great place for the rolling and kong vaulting at the Invalides where there's a lot of tents. You just keep pressing the parkour down button when you're coming towards the obstacle and Arno will either slide over it or do some fancy rolling etc. I haven't figured out if it's random or if there's some science behind it.. :rolleyes:

NondairyGold
04-18-2015, 08:42 PM
Thats the first time I've seen the Kong vault and I've put in 120 hours of gameplay!

rain89cp
04-18-2015, 09:05 PM

http://tinypic.com/r/142g8qw/8 (I hope the link works, couldn't be bothered to upload to youtube.. :rolleyes: )

That's a great place for the rolling and kong vaulting at the Invalides where there's a lot of tents. You just keep pressing the parkour down button when you're coming towards the obstacle and Arno will either slide over it or do some fancy rolling etc. I haven't figured out if it's random or if there's some science behind it.. :rolleyes:

Yes ! Thanks man ! First time seeing the Kong Vault. That is the Barrell roll, but am not able to figure out the Kong vault.

rain89cp
04-18-2015, 09:38 PM
Just spent some time testing it out in that location. Seems to be random, been doing the barrell roll 95% of the time, only manage to do the kong twice.

Does anyone know how to make Arno do a 180 degree horizontal flip while descending ? It seems to be random as well. If anyone knows the formula to get him to do that, or the kong vault, please let me know. Thanks.

rrebe
04-18-2015, 09:50 PM
Just spent some time testing it out in that location. Seems to be random, been doing the barrell roll 95% of the time, only manage to do the kong twice.

Does anyone know how to make Arno do a 180 degree horizontal flip while descending ? It seems to be random as well. If anyone knows the formula to get him to do that, or the kong vault, please let me know. Thanks.

It's probably part of Controlled Descent. Controlled descent is when you parkour down without stopping in the middle, I think it requires 3 down movements in a row. One good place you can do it is at the ledge you are standing on in the beginning of the Women's March co-op mission. You just simply parkour down from there.

rain89cp
04-18-2015, 10:04 PM
It's probably part of Controlled Descent. Controlled descent is when you parkour down without stopping in the middle, I think it requires 3 down movements in a row. One good place you can do it is at the ledge you are standing on in the beginning of the Women's March co-op mission. You just simply parkour down from there.

Hmm for the 180 degree horizontal flip descend, I don't think its that because he does it even when I stop in the middle of a run or without any momentum.

The Kong vault I think requires a very specific alignment of the object and the angle at which youre running towards.

Altair1789
04-19-2015, 05:05 AM

I've gotten this one 3 times so far, you need to do it on buildings, there are some roofs that are slightly above each other but very thin

prince162010
04-19-2015, 05:16 PM
Why doesn't the game include a movements guide ? :confused:

pacmanate
04-19-2015, 10:26 PM
Why doesn't the game include a movements guide ? :confused:

Because its all random