PDA

View Full Version : AC Victory: When can we expect some news?

True_Assassin92
04-10-2015, 01:42 PM
I'm really wondering when we'll get something new to chew on. We're almost halfway April while normally we get news,teaser etc..around march.

Is it due to the chronicles series we have to wait longer so it does not interfere with their marketing or might it be because Victory is bound to be released around December, if I remember correctly?

Just curious to get some news about it :p

m4r-k7
04-10-2015, 02:24 PM
Apparently, it will be officially announced at E3. http://www.realtytoday.com/articles/10938/20150228/assassins-creed-victory-ps4-xbox-one-pc-gameplay-trailer-release.htm

I don't think we will even get a teaser this time around.

SixKeys
04-10-2015, 02:27 PM
Don't expect anything until E3 (June).

Shahkulu101
04-10-2015, 02:31 PM
3E

phoenix-force411
04-10-2015, 06:40 PM
Victory news came out too early, thanks to a-holes but how does confidential info get leaked?

SixKeys
04-10-2015, 07:35 PM
Victory news came out too early, thanks to a-holes but how does confidential info get leaked?

"Leaked". :rolleyes:

Hans684
04-10-2015, 08:58 PM
Just look at the stars, wait and see. There might be a leak Soon™.

Altair1789
04-10-2015, 09:13 PM
Just look at the stars, wait and see. There might be a leak Soon™.

there was a leak 5 months ago :rolleyes:

Hans684
04-10-2015, 09:18 PM
there was a leak 5 months ago :rolleyes:

There might be more, maybe a plane is involved :rolleyes:

loomer979
04-10-2015, 09:21 PM
"Leaked". :rolleyes:

It was absolutely a real leak, and not some PR stunt.

VestigialLlama4
04-10-2015, 09:26 PM
It was absolutely a real leak, and not some PR stunt.

If it was a leak than people should have been fired, Ubisoft's marketing department would have had to resign since protecting the release of information is "their one job". Releasing an annual title in the launch of the current annual title is an incredibly f--k up.

In any ways it worked even if it was patently transparent. Its given fans to post and discuss stuff other than b-tching about how much Unity sucks. There's two or three threads discussing Victory.

loomer979
04-10-2015, 09:45 PM
If it was a leak than people should have been fired, Ubisoft's marketing department would have had to resign since protecting the release of information is "their one job".

If they can find who leaked it I guarantee you they will definitely fire and/or sue the person.

It also isn't marketing's job to keep internal assets from being leaked. That would be the job of a dedicated security team and it's actually pretty hard to keep ****ty employees from leaking stuff to the press if the employee really wants to, sadly. And when you have a team as large as the one that works on AC games spread all over the world, all you need is one of them to be an ******* and ruin it for the whole team.

"Releasing an annual title in the launch of the current annual title is an incredibly f--k up."

That's at least one thing that should tell you the leak wasn't a PR move, another being that the target footage that was leaked is always only meant for internal teams to have a vision to work towards, and is never meant to be used as promo material. It would be like if they had released this video as the public's first look at AC3: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=m7whXT8dsAk

There are always lots of things that can and will change in a game between when the target footage is created and when the game is actually made and released.

HDinHB
04-11-2015, 12:27 AM
There might be more, maybe a plane is involved :rolleyes:

Seriously! Has Ubi banned all of its employees from flying on planes?

VestigialLlama4
04-11-2015, 06:39 AM
That would be the job of a dedicated security team and it's actually pretty hard to keep ****ty employees from leaking stuff to the press if the employee really wants to, sadly. And when you have a team as large as the one that works on AC games spread all over the world, all you need is one of them to be an ******* and ruin it for the whole team.

But then none of the earlier games were leaked this way and they all had the same army of production teams as this game does. I mean yeah the Black Flag and Rogue trailers popped up before the official release but that was a little late in development anyway. Practically no one knew AC3 was set in America until the trailer.

That's at least one thing that should tell you the leak wasn't a PR move, another being that the target footage that was leaked is always only meant for internal teams to have a vision to work towards, and is never meant to be used as promo material.

Yeah but we didn't actually see the target footage, all we saw are specific screenshots, showing the combat features (fighting on top of carriages), gadgets (grappling hook), locations, sandbox features and others. It's kind of quite specific and selective. That's why I think it wasn't a real "leak". In either case, I am sure that the developers behind VICTORY didn't have anything to do with this. They wouldn't want their product to be released in such a shoddy way.

Defalt221
04-11-2015, 09:06 AM
I'm really wondering when we'll get something new to chew on. We're almost halfway April while normally we get news,teaser etc..around march.

Is it due to the chronicles series we have to wait longer so it does not interfere with their marketing or might it be because Victory is bound to be released around December, if I remember correctly?

Just curious to get some news about it :p

THIS IS IMPORTANT: Has anybody recently been on a plane with a seat beside a Ubisoft employee?

VoXngola
04-11-2015, 01:12 PM
I said it a couple of times and I'll say it again: May.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/02/12/ubisoft-new-assassins-creed-rainbow-six-siege-and-the-division-coming-this-year

Ubisoft mentioned five triple-A titles during its call with investors, but declined to give much in the way of details. However, more on Assassin's Creed will be revealed at its year-end investors call in May.

It's only 1 month away, hold on to your butts!

I-Like-Pie45
04-11-2015, 06:38 PM
A gameplay demo of an Assassination in the Underground will be released publicly on the 7th of July.

Defalt221
04-12-2015, 10:19 AM
A gameplay demo of an Assassination in the Underground will be released publicly on the 7th of July.

Has anyone been on a plane with Ubisoft employee sitting beside him recently?
Anyway, AC Victory news are confirmed: Jack the ripper is the grand master assassin. Spring heeled Jack is actually the protagonist using his new "Spring heeled shoe" gadget after sequence 3 when Tesla gifts him that after rescuing the latter from Edison's abusive oppression..
You get to fight the final grand master Templar in a factory with an epic fight while all the child labours watch in awe and confusion.
There's a section where you have to chase down a templar through jumping from one train to another using your spring heeled shoes (steam powered). Then the templar plants a bomb and alters the rail routes adn the train full of passengers is about to crash against another train heading towards it through the misplaced railway. Now the game Animus gets glitchy due to that 'Shay' virus (from AC Rogue) and it presents two historical possibilities of the same ancestor. As a result the game gives you three difficult choices:
1)Chase the Templar down out of the train, forget about saving train passengers.
2)Save civilians in an epic train climbing while the heavy rain drizzles aginst your face in an epic atmosphere and forget about the escaping Templar.
3) Forget about both of them and save yourself by jumping out of the train from the bridge and leaping into the river Thames.
Modern day story: As soon as you launch the AC V game on your PC/Console, you'll get a phone call from your cell phone (in real life). If you click "Hello?" the scrambled voice from the other side will tell you to get out of the house. If you look to your real lfe balcony, you'll notice two approaching vans with the Abstergo logo on them and parking near your house. Now you choose what to do in the modern day. And a bright light will flash in front of you that reads "Assassin's Creed Victory".

Mr_Shade
04-12-2015, 11:58 AM
:rolleyes:

pacmanate
04-12-2015, 12:13 PM
Some Tuesday at 5pm GMT :rolleyes:

EmbodyingSeven5
04-12-2015, 04:17 PM
Seriously! Has Ubi banned all of its employees from flying on planes?

lol. I remember hearing about that thinking " no way could that be real"

BananaBlighter
04-12-2015, 09:19 PM
In 5 years.