PDA

View Full Version : Me-262 in the rain

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Oleg,

try taxi and take-off a Me-262 in the rain. This is very difficult because which there are an unique axis to control 2 engines.

If you have right engine in 60% of power and need select left engine in 20%, then you need unselect all engines, reduce power to 20%, and select left engine. Otherwise, you lost your left engine.

For me, the best solution is set power, prop. pitch and others for the actual configuration of the engine which you are selecting. For example, if I have my left engine in 20% of power and my right engine selected in 60%, and I select my left engine, then the power is now set to 20% and my left engine stay in 20%.

But there are an another problem. When you have a joystick axis to control the power, then your keyboard keys for power are irrelevants when the joystick oscillate the value. A bind key to switch between joystick or keyboard may resolve this problem.

Thanks for your attention,

FAB_Devil
"Traidores e covardes no sero perdoados!"
FAB - Brazilian Official Team

Senta a Pua!
1º/1º Grupo de Aviaço de Caça Senta a Pua!
Os Jambocks

ICQ 38792295

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 04:39 AM
Oleg,

try taxi and take-off a Me-262 in the rain. This is very difficult because which there are an unique axis to control 2 engines.

If you have right engine in 60% of power and need select left engine in 20%, then you need unselect all engines, reduce power to 20%, and select left engine. Otherwise, you lost your left engine.

For me, the best solution is set power, prop. pitch and others for the actual configuration of the engine which you are selecting. For example, if I have my left engine in 20% of power and my right engine selected in 60%, and I select my left engine, then the power is now set to 20% and my left engine stay in 20%.

But there are an another problem. When you have a joystick axis to control the power, then your keyboard keys for power are irrelevants when the joystick oscillate the value. A bind key to switch between joystick or keyboard may resolve this problem.

Thanks for your attention,

FAB_Devil
"Traidores e covardes no sero perdoados!"
FAB - Brazilian Official Team

Senta a Pua!
1º/1º Grupo de Aviaço de Caça Senta a Pua!
Os Jambocks

ICQ 38792295

XyZspineZyX
11-13-2003, 05:15 AM
Hello FAB_Devil,

The Me-262 was a pain to taxi since V1.0. I don't have the 1.2 Public Beta installed. I'm still using V1.11 because of the size of the V1.2 Public Beta. I'm on 56k so it would take forever to download. But I did send a few screenshot's to the bug report email about the Me-262's taxi abilities. In V1.11 the nose wheel doesn't turn like it should. I've seen video footage on the History Channel showing the Me-262 taxi. It turned just as easy as a modern jet fighter. If you have the V1.2 Public Beta check the nose wheel and see if it moves at all. If it doesn't then that could be the problem with the Me-262's taxi ability. Of course I could be wrong. Send a track and screenshot's to the bug report email. =S=

Semper Fi!! Carry On!! /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-wink.gif

Squirral aka Wolf_Fangs

<marquee>Wolf Pak Squadron</marquee>

<center>http://www.sanfords.net/DarK_Wolfs_free_demonic_graphics/wolf15.gif </center>

<center>The King Is Coming! Do You Feel The Fear?</center>