PDA

View Full Version : Patch information

Ubi-Nox
02-10-2015, 06:47 PM
Hello Heroes,

The first patch of Heroes III – HD Edition is now available on Steam.

Thank you again for your support. Do not hesitate to share bugs on the following thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1004000-BUGLIST-Please-report-bugs-here or contact our Customer Support for more information http://support.ubi.com.

Please find underneath a first list of main fixes included in this patch.

H3HD - PC Patch 1
* Fixed Anti-virus crashes/ Error code 2
* Fixed unexpected assert failure crash during a battle
* Fixed resolution issues because of high DPI
* Fixed the flag color issue with brown hero/town flag
* Fixed crash when selling artefact
* Fixed random crash by clicking on tavern
* Fixed issue with "nwconlyamodel" cheat code in multiplayer mode
* Added in game tips and warning
* Special characters have been limited for the moment as using them in saves' names corrupt the save
* Fixed FR issue about random object in Chest
* Fixed polish localization issues
* Fixed russian autosaves issues
* Fixed polish credits button glitch

Additional information:
Please verify that you have Direct X, Visual c++ and Net. Framework up to date, we recommend you to play with at least the min/recommended configuration described in Steam store.

Ubi-Nox
02-10-2015, 06:54 PM
Hello Heroes,

iOS & Android Tablets first patch should also be available in the next few days.

Thank you again for your support. Do not hesitate to share bugs on the following thread http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1004000-BUGLIST-Please-report-bugs-here or contact our Customer Support for more information http://support.ubi.com.

iOS/Android Patch 1:
* Fixed the cancelation of Spells in combat
* Fixed unexpected assert failure during a battle
* Additional tests on iOS8.1.3 and fixed a potential crash on startup. APPLE ONLY
* Improved and modified touch screen tutorial
* Added touch screen animated tutorial for melee units
* Implemented the "back" button behavior in all game screens (Google feature) ANDROID ONLY

Ubi-Nox
02-10-2015, 06:55 PM
More information about iOS/Android Tablets patch here http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1009526-PATCH-Upcoming-iOS-Android-Patch?p=10570460

Yojimbo2522
02-11-2015, 12:23 AM
I'm really pleased that a number of issues are being addressed so promptly.

I hope that another update is on the horizon to really improve the UI. I think there are some quick win tweaks that would really improve the gameplay experience and give a more mobile tablet feel.

victorash
02-11-2015, 09:13 AM
Well, I'm happy to see that things are moving. Maybe for the next patch you will consider other bugs (iOS version) like:
- effects of luck/morale artifacts don't add up
- improve obtaining the info mode for heroes, armies, artifacts
- the problems with 2 hex-armies when melee attacking
- 'Tight' combat formation doesn't work
- mana vortex doubleing mana only for 1 hero per week

I wrote more details here (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1009272-Heroes-3-HD-%96-ipad-version-%96-bugs-list-and-what-solution-I-found-for-part-of-them?p=10569589)

10x

bubustiuc
02-11-2015, 09:31 AM
- visiting Swan Pond (+2 luck) takes all movement points

That's how it is supposed to work if I remember my H3 correctly.

- effects of luck/morale artifacts don't add up
- the problems with 2 hex-armies when melee attacking
- [/COLOR]'Tight' combat formation doesn't work

THESE are more or less gamebreakers, especially "TIght" formation (particularly used in starting battles or if you use ranged stacks and need to constantly protect them).

Thank you for the well written report. :)

bubustiuc
02-11-2015, 09:48 AM
iOS/Android Patch 1:
* Additional tests on iOS8.1.3 and fixed a potential crash on startup. APPLE ONLY
* Implemented the "back" button behavior in all game screens (Google feature) ANDROID ONLY

Are there any updates for ipad2 / mini devices regarding possible memory leaks that cause crashes? Because I'm so tired of saving 3 times per turn after every major battle.
All I want is a smooth gameplay experience. :(

victorash
02-11-2015, 11:39 AM
That's how it is supposed to work if I remember my H3 correctly.
yes, you are right. this is how it's suppose to work. I modified my post

Ubi-Nox
02-12-2015, 10:14 AM
Patch is now live :)

Arcrisx
02-13-2015, 02:38 AM
Will this patch make the game playable ? Almost every action I take has the chance of crashing the game.. Ive followed every suggested step on your support page for android devices. "Playing" on a Samsung Galaxy tab. Was this game even tested before being sold? Not at all what I would expect from Ubisoft who Ive considered up to this point, to be an institution in the video game world.

MichaelaHefti
02-13-2015, 01:53 PM
Thank you so much for the patch and for your email. I have so far had no more problems in regards to the Anti-Virus Crashes/Error Code 2. Fingers crossed it stays this way :) Thanks again, Michaela

Hello Heroes,

The first patch of Heroes III – HD Edition is now available on Steam.

Please find underneath a first list of main fixes included in this patch.

H3HD - PC Patch 1
* Fixed Anti-virus crashes/ Error code 2
* Fixed unexpected assert failure crash during a battle
* Fixed resolution issues because of high DPI
* Fixed crash when selling artefact
* Fixed issue with "nwconlyamodel" cheat code in multiplayer mode
* Special characters have been limited for the moment as using them in saves' names corrupt the save

Additional information:
Please verify that you have Direct X, Visual c++ and Net. Framework up to date, we recommend you to play with at least the min/recommended configuration described in Steam store.

victorash
02-13-2015, 05:16 PM
What is the approximate date of the release of the iOS patch ?
10x

DarkDragonAC
02-16-2015, 10:49 AM
Still waiting for music loop fix...

Arcrisx
02-17-2015, 09:00 PM
Too busy trying to maximize profits that you neglect to fix the unplayable games youve already sold? Ubisoft, get with the program fix this game or refund my money this is ridiculous. Id expect this from start up developers but not an industry giant, fix this.

Iceman8287
02-19-2015, 01:36 PM
Hello Heroes,

iOS & Android Tablets first patch should also be available in the next few days.

iOS/Android Patch 1:

any indication when this patch is comming out?
Will the random crashes on ipad 2 and ipad mini be resolved with this patch?

bubustiuc
02-20-2015, 08:25 AM
any indication when this patch is comming out?
Will the random crashes on ipad 2 and ipad mini be resolved with this patch?

I don't mind the wait, just as long as they fix that.
What I do mind is the lack of communication on their part. :(
I mean they said it was going go live in the next few days and somehow they must've bumped into some problems (and it's understandable) but it would be nice if we were informed about the progress of the patch.

Iceman8287
02-20-2015, 08:45 AM
I don't mind the wait, just as long as they fix that.
What I do mind is the lack of communication on their part. :(
I mean they said it was going go live in the next few days and somehow they must've bumped into some problems (and it's understandable) but it would be nice if we were informed about the progress of the patch.

I totally agree with you. I also just want to know an expected release date..... I also posted a problem on the 4th of februari which they didn't reply to at all. Their lack of communication is pissing a lot of people off. I understand the difficulty, but at least reply to questions.

Arcrisx
02-20-2015, 04:10 PM
Im super frustrated at this entire situation. Im playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab and my game crashes every few minutes without fail. The lack of communication is actually mind boggling considering the size of this company and its reasonable reputation.

Its been 3 weeks since I bought game, 2 weeks since supposed patch release. Ubisoft still has the gall to try and blame it on the device though.

I probably will never buy another ubisoft product, regardless of how cassic the remake, or whatnot.

guest-2HjwJfLO
02-20-2015, 09:04 PM
Im super frustrated at this entire situation. Im playing on a Samsung Galaxy Tab and my game crashes every few minutes without fail. The lack of communication is actually mind boggling considering the size of this company and its reasonable reputation.

Its been 3 weeks since I bought game, 2 weeks since supposed patch release. Ubisoft still has the gall to try and blame it on the device though.

I probably will never buy another ubisoft product, regardless of how cassic the remake, or whatnot.

I echo these sentiments exactly. It's shocking a game this unplayable would be released by Ubisoft. I hope the patch is a complete fix to these major issues and that's the cause of the delay. Anything less is unacceptable.

Arcrisx
02-20-2015, 09:19 PM
They should be extending refunds as well as patching the game. If I went into any gaming store, bought a new game off the shelf and it was unplayable it would be refunded or exchanged on the spot. They wouldnt say, "Must be your console, go follow these steps..."
I guess words on the forum and emails dont have the same effect of in person exchanges. Its really too bad that Ubisoft gives so little ****s about this and us. Its all about the profit now, not the product.

bubustiuc
02-26-2015, 03:25 PM
Any updates?

Ubi-Nox
02-26-2015, 05:34 PM
Hello Heroes,

Update 1.1 is now available on Steam.

The team is currently working on disconnections during multiplayer and other major issues (crashes) for upcoming patches.

H3HD - PC Patch 1.1
* Polish Localization update
* Fixed various localization issues and truncated names
* Fixed in-game multiplayer exploits
* Fixed some causes of crashes when entering multiplayer
* Fixed achievements issues

Don’t forget to share your different logs to help the team to reproduce issues and identify solutions in the best delays.

To do so, it would be really useful for our devs to recover the following information:
* the dxdiag
* the crash.dmp "crash dump"
* the log file

--------------------
DXDIAG -- HOW do I get that?
--------------------
Click on the START menu of Windows and search/type "dxdiag"
Tap ENTER or click on dxdiag.exe
A "DirectX Diagnostic Tool" window should pop up.
In this window choose "Save all information".
After you've saved the file, please send it to us.
--------------------
CRASH DUMP -- HOW do I get it?
--------------------
Get on your H3HD data folder. You'll find "crash.dmp".
This file is heavy, right click on it and "zip" it in an archive file (.zip, .rar...)
Then host it in order to let us downloading it (OneDrive shared folder, WeTransfer platforms... for examples) and give us the links.
--------------------
LOG FILE
--------------------
The dotemu_log.txt is at the same place than the Crash.dmp, please send it to us as well.
--------------------

If you still have crashes or bugs, please share with us those 3 documents in a zipped folder with a clear explanation of the issue in attached comment (example: crash when trying to launch multiplayer mode/ unable to launch the game etc.)

Thank you again for your help!

Arcrisx
03-01-2015, 06:06 PM
A month later. Ubisoft, where is the patch? Id love to play this game even once, after all I PAID for it.

gskomedal
03-03-2015, 05:31 PM
Hope it's not in vain!

I love this game, but as it is now with all the crashes it's uplayalbe on my iPad 2.
And it not worth buying a new iPad just for this game..

Please release a fix soon so I can play the game I've paid for.

Trickster_SWE
03-25-2015, 09:30 AM
After releasing a game that is unplayable due to constant crashing you don't have the decency to reply to all the customers that complain about buying a game they can't play!

Then - after a long while - you release an update that don't fix the problem??

It is still unplayable. Still crashes. Still wasted money!

If your goal was to scare potential customers from buying Ubi software, I would say that you've succeeded!

T:mad:

Hello Heroes,

iOS/Android Patch 1:

bubustiuc
03-25-2015, 11:12 AM
Crashes are more often with this release. :(
I can't even finish a fight anymore...

Ubi-Nox
03-27-2015, 04:00 PM
Hello Heroes,

Update #3 is now available on Steam

Please find below complete change log of this patch

H3HD - PC Patch #3
- Fix issue: Mouse Lag
- Fix issue: No music in campaign cutscenes
- Fix issue: Constant disconnections or players kicked from multi game
- Fix issue: Crash if launching a multiplayer game before others players are ready
- Fix issue: Overpowered creature (Lizardman)
- Fix issue: Spoils of War campaign – Can’t continue as Krewlod several occurrences
- Fix issue: Heroes who are not from Necropolis class shouldn't be able to learn "basic necromancy" by level up.
- Fix issue: Issue with Charisma skill (wrong total bonus)
- Fix issue: The number of the creatures in Heroes' army is missing. (PL)
- Update localization
- Fix bugs with the Whisper feature.

Whisper feature is now available in online multiplayer mode. To send a message to a specific player, you need to type your text and use F5-F12 inputs to target (F5 for player1, F6 for player2 etc.).

BublgumLas
03-28-2015, 04:28 PM
Where is online multiplayer????!!!!:mad::mad:

gskomedal
04-05-2015, 06:48 PM
Buy yourself an IPad 2 (or another device where your game constantly crashes) and do some PROPER TESTING before you release another update.

Kind Regards
Frustrated HOMM Fan and Dissapointed Customer

Ubi-Nox
04-09-2015, 06:11 PM
Hello Heroes,

Update #4 is available since March 08th on Steam. Please let us know here if you have issues with this new version.

H3HD - PC Patch #4
- Several bugs fixed (crashes)

bubustiuc
05-05-2015, 08:43 AM
Any news or upcoming fixes?

Iceman8287
06-03-2015, 02:30 PM
This is just plain stupid. 4 months after the release date and i still cant play this game on my ipad 2 and hardly any reply from ubisoft about the problem besides "we're working on it"

DancinClaws
06-20-2015, 06:01 AM
Samsung Tab S 10.5, running Lollipop (5.0.2). Multiple Google play reviews saying this configuration crashes immediately. When will there be a patch for this?

bubustiuc
06-22-2015, 03:20 PM
Samsung Tab S 10.5, running Lollipop (5.0.2). Multiple Google play reviews saying this configuration crashes immediately. When will there be a patch for this?

You shouldn't hold your breath mate. :)
You will die of old age.

Iceman8287
07-24-2015, 09:42 AM
You shouldn't hold your breath mate. :)
You will die of old age.

youre point is proven by the fact that 6 months after release and one worthless patch, you still can't play the game on an ipad 2 or ipad mini.......:mad:
and ofcourse no reply or update what so ever from ubisoft.

bubustiuc
08-13-2015, 08:56 AM
youre point is proven by the fact that 6 months after release and one worthless patch, you still can't play the game on an ipad 2 or ipad mini.......:mad:
and ofcourse no reply or update what so ever from ubisoft.

They're moderators that can't do anything to fix the game, to some extent I understand why they don't reply and I doubt the developers even read the QQ on these forums even if they forward it.
I wrote some suggestions a couple of months ago to the dotemu guys regarding H3HD (and what I think is wrong with it) and I got the same reply as I got here, none.

Link: http://www.dotemu.com/en/forums/apple/released-games/heroes-3-hd (last post).

adinu79
08-27-2015, 03:34 PM
A new iOS patch was released today. It should fix the iPad 2/ iPad Mini crashes.

Iceman8287
08-28-2015, 09:43 AM
A new iOS patch was released today. It should fix the iPad 2/ iPad Mini crashes.

I haven't tested it totally yet, but the first 5 minutes seemed very hopefull. Not one single crash yet!!

bubustiuc
09-18-2015, 03:25 PM
It's way better now, but I keep having crashes on XL maps after a couple of turns and fights.
The thing that crashes the game the most are castle fights. Anyway it's a big improvement over the last version, I can actually play it now.

victorash
09-27-2015, 01:39 PM
Could be because of lack of memory. When the ipad starts to need more memory it starts to take from other applications. When there is no place to take from it crashes. Games like heroes hd use a lot of memory that keeps adding up till it gets all of it. Exiting (crashing) the game empties the cache. I have ipad air and no crashes

GEORGII-YRA
10-06-2015, 02:25 PM
Hello Heroes,

Update #4 is available since March 08th on Steam. Please let us know here if you have issues with this new version.

H3HD - PC Patch #4
- Several bugs fixed (crashes)

ПОДСКАЖИТЕ ПОЖАЛУЙСТА, ЧТО НУЖНО СДЕЛАТЬ ЧТОБЫ ИГРА НАЧАЛА ИГРАТЬ? ДАЖЕ И НЕ ЗНАЮ КУДА ЕЩЁ МОЖНО НАПИСАТЬ, КУДА НИ ПИСАЛ НЕТ ОТВЕТА НИ ПРИВЕТА!!!!