PDA

View Full Version : Graphic-cards and HOTAS question...

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
06-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Which is the best: Nvidia Geforce 4 mx440 (64mb) or Nvidia Geforce FX-5200 (128mb)?
I have an oppurtunity to trade to the latter...

Also, I have built a throttle/prop-pitch/mix-levers for use with twin-engine planes...
Is there anyway to map seperate throttle-axis?
And the mixture, its not in the Hotas-menu...
Is there anyway I can do this?

What I want to map (if not clear) is, axis:
throttle Engine1, throttle engine2, mix engine1, mix engine2, prop pitch engine1 and prop pitch engine2... 6 levers in total...

Thx in advance...

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
06-18-2004, 08:21 AM
Which is the best: Nvidia Geforce 4 mx440 (64mb) or Nvidia Geforce FX-5200 (128mb)?
I have an oppurtunity to trade to the latter...

Also, I have built a throttle/prop-pitch/mix-levers for use with twin-engine planes...
Is there anyway to map seperate throttle-axis?
And the mixture, its not in the Hotas-menu...
Is there anyway I can do this?

What I want to map (if not clear) is, axis:
throttle Engine1, throttle engine2, mix engine1, mix engine2, prop pitch engine1 and prop pitch engine2... 6 levers in total...

Thx in advance...

B16Enk
06-18-2004, 08:41 AM
The 5200 is marginally better, you'd be better of spring a little more money for a 5700.

FB/AEP doesn't support multi-throttles/mixture.

However it may be possible to program it using the new lua (or whatever it's called in FB) functionality.
This has been added since the patch and enables external devices to interact with the game engine.

It should be possible to have a 'watch' on each axis that detects change, this change then triggers the required key stroke to select the relevant engine, and then allows the axis to perform the desired function.

My Delphi/Pascal programming is now rusty but I think the theory is sound.

B16Enk
06-18-2004, 09:25 AM
Ok in FB it's called DeviceLink.

Details in the readme http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

Flygflottilj16_Sulan
06-19-2004, 01:50 AM
Thank you guys! http://ubbxforums.ubi.com/infopop/emoticons/icon_smile.gif

AnalFissure
06-19-2004, 02:11 AM
The MX cards are complete trash. Go with the 5200 for sure.