PDA

View Full Version : Season Scoring

guest-T3XdcOSD
04-06-2015, 10:57 PM
I don't understand how the scoring for seasons works, I am top 25 or better in every tournament thus far and I am ranked 220 for the season?

Tha_Tulip
04-09-2015, 02:54 PM
Scoring is cumulative for the season- the season spans the entire four weeks. All of your point totals to date are giving you the overall season ranking, separate from your bracket totals. So although you're consistently in the top 25, that does not reflect your overall standing when totaled against the other thousands of players participating. Remember that season ranking is based on 4 week totals. So if you stop playing today you may be at 220 for the season, but you would then be eclipsed by those that continue to play, for example. Make sense?

SearingScythe
04-21-2015, 08:09 PM
I came across something odd about that too:

When exactly did the current season (and therefore the summed up season-scoring) start? It was yesterday, stated on the official HP.
But this cannot be the case considering the following:

I am on rank 2 for the Primo Tournament di Flora atm with a score of 269 - my season ranking is #170, because there are players with scores of 2000+
When these players do have such a high score, why aren't they leading in the current tournament?

I hope s.o. can explain this to me ...

Greets - Scythe

Tha_Tulip
04-22-2015, 08:36 PM
Scythe- the tournaments always start on Mondays, so we just started the new season!
Tournament ranking is separate from season scoring. Remember that the season is the cumulative total of the weekly tournaments. This is how it is broken down- each week is a separate tournament, so lets say you won the first week with 1100 points(arbitrary number here). So after the first week let's say that point total puts you in the top 1% for the season, hypothetically.
Just for perspective, let us also pretend for what ever reason you were unable to play any more of the tournaments in the season. You will still have those 1100 points but you would be pushed out of that 1% by all that were able to play the entire tournament. So no matter what level you are or skill you have, you finish the season based on ALL of the points accrued over the 4 week period. So all of those players over 2000 pts. might be leading their brackets or might not- you can only see who is in your particular bracket. You can always look at the overall (or season) leaderboard to see how people are faring. Those 5 names you see on the opening screen everyday are the current SEASON leaders.

SearingScythe
04-23-2015, 12:01 PM
Eureka!
The key word I must have missed is 'bracket', I didn't know there were more than one, I thought there's one list for all from #1-100 on which everyone is set according to their score.
(I might even have readen that somewhere without understanding, the word 'bracket' is difficult to translate / has many meanings. Actually I know no german word for the bracket we're talking about, I knew this meaning from some other tournament in which one was placed in the winner- or loser-bracket ;) )

Thanks for your help Bro!

Tha_Tulip
04-23-2015, 02:00 PM
You bet!