PDA

View Full Version : GJ ruining a great title Ubisoft...

Niblz
04-06-2015, 01:01 AM
...because unity looks like a total cash grab piece of crap. It may look prettier than previous games, but it doesn't even come close to AC:2 or Brotherhood. Thank God I didn't purchase it, just watching someone play it on Youtube was dissapointing enough! I may be a die hard AC fan but if this is the direction of future games for the series, then please...count me out. Rogue looks alright...

straty88
04-06-2015, 01:08 AM
https://s-media-cache-ak0.pinimg.com/originals/9f/2d/6b/9f2d6b312d03380be40bcc8b0ee1dfb1.jpg

Megas_Doux
04-06-2015, 02:04 AM
To each their own, I uninstalled Rogue immediately after I finished it. Rogue is also huge cash crab, it even reuses a FREAKING location.......

Namikaze_17
04-06-2015, 02:18 AM
So many gifs and things I could use right now...

But I'll just sit down and sip on some Jasmine tea. :p

Niblz
04-06-2015, 02:53 AM
To each their own, I uninstalled Rogue immediately after I finished it. Rogue is also huge cash crab, it even reuses a FREAKING location.......
Let me guess, the Homestead? hahaha.. I can deal with that as long as the story's good. Taking some random b/s and slapping a game title on it is another matter. R.I.P Diablo, Elder Scrolls, and soon to be added: Assassin's Creed =/ All good things come to an end I guess.

Megas_Doux
04-06-2015, 03:16 AM
Let me guess, the Homestead? hahaha.. I can deal with that as long as the story's good. Taking some random b/s and slapping a game title on it is another matter. R.I.P Diablo, Elder Scrolls, and soon to be added: Assassin's Creed =/ All good things come to an end I guess.

New York, in fact.

Namikaze_17
04-06-2015, 03:53 AM
All good things come to an end I guess.

And here you are complaining on their forum...

straty88
04-06-2015, 04:12 AM
Taking some random b/s and slapping a game title on it is another matter. .

Game development 101 right there!

Altair1789
04-06-2015, 04:14 AM
I agree to a lesser extent about it being kinda milked, but that's because of annualization. If people made the game never change and keep the style of AC2/ ACB, people would complain, now that they didn't, people are still complaining

New York, in fact.

they remade New York entirely since people didn't like AC3's NY

And what's wrong with Elder Scrolls?

pirate1802
04-06-2015, 10:46 AM
IAnd what's wrong with Elder Scrolls?

Skyrim. It is a casualized boring noobfriendly utterly unRPGlike game now :'C *insert hipster rage here*

Niblz
04-07-2015, 04:46 PM
And here you are complaining on their forum...

And why not?

Skyrim. It is a casualized boring noobfriendly utterly unRPGlike game now :'C *insert hipster rage here*

Not only that, ESO is the biggest joke of an MMO i've ever seen in my life, and also a huge cash grab now as it's about to go f2p if i'm not mistaken.

I agree to a lesser extent about it being kinda milked, but that's because of annualization. If people made the game never change and keep the style of AC2/ ACB, people would complain, now that they didn't, people are still complaining *

All I'm saying is that if you really look at the creativity, not only the parkour aspect but the story, the old games completely outweighs Unity by a long shot. Plus, who wants to run around a pretty city full of glitches, no ship battles, and no multiplayer deathmatches??? Ubisoft could've done such a better job instead of throwing some garbage out there to make a quick buck.

Matknapers18
04-07-2015, 05:15 PM
R.I.P Elder Scrolls

Wait, what? So because you personally didn't like 2 Elder Scrolls games, the franchise is now dead? Thats not how it works. And you will find that you are among the minority in saying that. Skyrim is considered as the best Elder Scrolls game by many, achieving incredible reviews. Just because YOU didn't like it, that doesn't render it as a poor game. And to label a beloved franchise as dead due to your negligible repugnance is pretty damn silly. Elder Scrolls is far from dead. You watch the reaction when ES:6 is announced and 90% of the gaming community is ecstatic with excitment and the other 10% are whining about the casual transformation. Plus ESO isn't even considered a main title in the franchise. Its made by ZeniMax right? not Bethesda? So not a big deal, you'll never hear from it again.

To clarify, Im not an Elder Scrolls fanboy. Skyrim is the only Elder Scrolls game I have played.

Markaccus
04-07-2015, 05:31 PM
I really don't think Unity deserves the hate it has recieved. I understand that people who bought it on release had 45 quid unplayable bug-fest, but imo it really does have a lot going for it.

Namikaze_17
04-07-2015, 05:34 PM
And why not?

Nothing, nothing.

To each their own...

Hans684
04-07-2015, 05:37 PM
Unity is the biggest filler so far(more than Liberation), that your right about. The story is a poor Romeo and Juliet fan fiction with no reason to exist because reliving Arno's life is a waste of time, the game itself even says it. Just ask Bishop.

Megas_Doux
04-07-2015, 05:38 PM
I HATED elder scrolls online not because of the game itself, but due all those SUPER greedy practices. Having said that, I dont think the franchise is death. Skyrim is one of the most popular games of the past generation.

Niblz
04-07-2015, 07:00 PM
Plus ESO isn't even considered a main title in the franchise. Its made by ZeniMax right? not Bethesda? So not a big deal, you'll never hear from it again. *

No big deal? Their reputation is RUINED now after the lame sh*t they pulled. Incase you didn't know, ZeniMax actually OWNS Bethesda.. so it's that much worse. Had Bethesda actually done ESO themselves? Might've actually made a better game!!

I really don't think Unity deserves the hate it has recieved. I understand that people who bought it on release had 45 quid unplayable bug-fest, but imo it really does have a lot going for it.

What does it have going for it exactly? A few bug fixes, some more co-op missions? Better customizations of gear?? I mean, seriously.. What has AC come to, might as well renamed it AC: Fashion Show. "Hey guys, check out my new hood."

Markaccus
04-07-2015, 07:06 PM
Its not the look of the gear. Its the different attributes each item has. You can tailor your gear to suit your game style. The combat is excellent. Best so far imo. Main missions have so much more freedom. Being able to pakour DOWN is a huge improvement. In the past it was either drop slowley of each ledge,or hurl youself into an uncertain fate off the end of a tall building. The return of an economic system. Plenty going for it. I know it has its faults, probably (as discussed at length) due to annualisation, but dismissing it as completely hopeless is pointless.

Matknapers18
04-07-2015, 07:24 PM
No big deal? Their reputation is RUINED now after the lame sh*t they pulled.

It really isn't. You are overreacting. It doesn't matter how bad ESO was, due to its insignificance in the grand scheme of Elder Scrolls, it never had the capabilities to ruin Bethesda's reputation. You cannot create 5 fantastic Elder Scrolls Games as well as the highly acclaimed Fallout series and then have all that positive reputation ruined by a single game of such little importance. ZeniMax reputation is ruined.Technically its their game, not Bethesda's. Bethesda will continue to maintain their healthy status and they will not be dying anytime soon. ESO could have been the worst game in the world and Bethesda would continue going strong. They really have that much support from the gaming community. I quite literally have no idea how you could think they are dead.

Had Bethesda actually done ESO themselves? Might've actually made a better game!!

True. But in my opinion ESO was doomed from the start. Especially with those absurd subscriptions. But thats a whole different topic.

Niblz
04-07-2015, 07:52 PM
Its not the look of the gear. Its the different attributes each item has.
You can tailor your gear to suit your game style.
It all sounds like the same thing tbh.

The combat is excellent. Best so far imo.
Not with how god awful the camera is

In the past it was either drop slowley of each ledge,or hurl youself into an uncertain fate off the end of a tall building
It's a nice touch but not really a necessity, unless Ubisoft is catering to noobs and really poor players (which i guess in a $ view is a smart move.)

The return of an economic system. Plenty going for it. I know it has its faults, probably (as discussed at length) due to annualisation, but dismissing it as completely hopeless is pointless.

Sorry, but the faults, 'pointless' additions, and removed features from previous games FAR outweigh the pro's. I'm not saying it's hopeless but, mistakes were made.

Markaccus
04-07-2015, 08:07 PM
Totally disagree about downwards parkour being for "noobs". (Such a fkn stupid word,used often by snobby gamers and elitists). It was stupid having a guy who can bound up buildings and over roofs, but then have to spend twice as much time dropping down from ledge to ledge or diving into some hay/smashing himself on the ground. It made no sense what so ever.

Combat.. never had a problem with the camera.

Removed features? Well, if you mean the naval aspect, i dont think it has a place in Arno's story

The gear..... in previous games, your health was increased per upgrade. in Unity, to use hoods as an example, some give you better stealth, some more health, some more range on your eagle vision. So between all the items, you can shape Arno to be the assassins you want him to be. That is UTTERLY different to anything we had before.

straty88
04-07-2015, 08:10 PM
What does it have going for it exactly? A few bug fixes, some more co-op missions? Better customizations of gear?? I mean, seriously.. What has AC come to, might as well renamed it AC: Fashion Show. "Hey guys, check out my new hood."

- Better Main missions
- Open ended assassinations with a little bit of variety with the mission mods
- Combat is the best in the series and is a bit step in the right direction
- Level design overall is much better, no more stupid bushes to hide in
- Stealth is better, it might not be the best stealth game or whatever but it is a big step in the right direction and actually viable now
- Paris is wonderful
- Gear customization is a bigger deal than you give it credit, it's a little thing that makes a big difference.
- Freedom of movement with Parkour, not just parkour down. Playing AC rogue at the same time as Unity opened my eyes to this especially. Not being able to kick off ledges or scale diagonally is a PITA & a welcome addition
- Better side missions overall. The new additions, such as Murder Mysteries, were welcome but the abundance of paris stories is an issue.

- Lots of small things that I personally love, such as being able to hide/show the HUD by holding down 1 button (Again a small thing that adds to my overall enjoyment)

Yes this game has issues, no game doesn't:

- The amount of collectibles, seriously get rid of chests.
- Companion app (This has now been sorted but the missions are a JOKE)
- The story, while not nearly as bad as people claim, is nothing to write home about
- Microtransactions, while annoying, are really not needed to do pretty much anything but they shouldn't be in the game.
- AC Initiates integration, please stop
- Club competitions, cool idea but locking gear behind it and the time between each is too much.
- Bugs at launch, especially on PC.