PDA

View Full Version : Uplay Cloud always deletes Save 1 on startup (AC4 PC)

Aetherious47
04-05-2015, 06:29 PM
Whilst playing on the first save slot on Assassin's Creed 4, my PC experienced a power failure and my system shut down. When I launch the singleplayer now, the other saves are untouched but the one I was playing on is nowhere to be found.

I navigated to the save folder (C:\Program Files (x86)\Ubisoft\Ubisoft Game Launcher\savegames\007b3a2f...\273\) and saw that the 1.save backup was there. I got rid of the .delete from 1.save.delete to restore the save file and relaunched. The save was, again, not there. The save folder had 1.save.delete still in, despite my tinkering.

I repeated this with Cloud Save Synch off, to no avail. The launcher still proceeds to delete the first save file whenever I start the game. When I delete the save folder entirely with Cloud Save Synch on, all saves are deleted.

So I ask: how can I access the first save file without it automatically deleting?

YazX_
04-07-2015, 11:31 AM
Cloud saving for AC4 has been disabled after two months of game release and never got back, so its useless function whether enabled or disabled ONLY FOR AC4, now 1.save has nothing to do with your progress, its basically an encrypted game options file that holds information about unlocked contents, your actual progress is saved into "2.save" for the first slot, its easy to know which file is holding progress is by sorting by size since 1.save and other options files are usually 1k-4k and your progress will be like 50k-200k.

Now, recreating (deleting and creating) 1.save is UPlay behavior rather than cloud and its by design and wont affect your progress, now if you lost 2.save file and dont have any backups then unfortunately there is no way to restore your progress.