PDA

View Full Version : Reinstall from disc

AntiChrist7
04-04-2015, 04:38 PM
So, had to reinstall Uplay, and to do it throroughly, I removed all the files in the Program filesx86/ Ubisoft/etc... (but backed up everything from saves). AC Unity is the only game I still need to get 100%, so I installed it again form disc. Yet when I wanna run it, it still says downloading instead of play (and he wants to download everything), and when I use the exe fil, he wants to have a gamemap, and even when I give it to him he says "validation failed".

Any solution for this? Im having problems with Uplay for the past few days (reinstallation sems to have fixed it), but the reason I buy discs is so I dont need to download 40GB....

Alphacos007
04-04-2015, 04:51 PM
The disc does not contain the patches, so even if you reinstall from disk you still need to wait for it to download the patches, which have a few gbs.

AntiChrist7
04-04-2015, 05:39 PM
Yes I know. I just dont wanna download 50GB AND the patches. Also, it isnt normal that Uplay doesnt recognise the content when I give him the folder

KmarkoPL
04-04-2015, 05:42 PM
That might be error displaying , it happen be for to others

YazX_
04-05-2015, 01:57 PM
ok here is a solution that might solve your problem:

1. Install the game, remember the installation folder then close UPlay.
2. Go to registry and delete those keys (backup first, Right click --> export):

HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\As sassin's Creed Unity
HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Wow6432Node\Ubisoft\La uncher\Installs\720

3. Go to UbisoftGameLauncher\data and delete folder "720" (backup this folder before delete).
4. Launch UPlay --> Games --> ACU.
5. Download button will be active.
6. Click on download and it will prompt you for the installation path.
7. Choose the folder that you installed ACU in step 1.
8. UPlay will start discovering files and then will download the missing files, now UPlay might show 50 GB/110 GB and progress bar shows that you are at half progress, dont worry its visual bug and will not affect nor download 50 GB, it will only download the required files which are like 8-12 GB

AntiChrist7
04-06-2015, 12:19 PM
Too late, I left the pc on during the night and let it download. Strangely it doesnt require additional patches when I start the game.

At least my savegame is still there.