PDA

View Full Version : AC Director's Cut problem; Support works at a snail pace...

ItchyBG
04-04-2015, 09:57 AM
Hello dear people from the AC community!
I have had some bump ins with Ubisoft support before and yes - I do not have anything against the girls and the boys working there, but to wait 1 month just to get a message "You will be redirected" is just plain insane....EA has better support.....and they suck on a general level.
Here is my problem - I bought AC Director's cut from the Uplay store,read more threads on the internet than a microbiology lecture book has pages. The key that I got from the e-mail does not work in Uplay and I do not any info like you cannot activate it through Uplay. And my order status is still order submitted,not completed.
If someone has info on the problem, just please share it. Either than that I got no info,no working key,and no answers. I read how to ask for a refund,but to ask the same support that tells you you have to wait 48 hours and then leaves you for 744....
Thanks in advance.

Locopells
04-04-2015, 10:20 AM
If you're having key problems, that's something that only Support can fix, I'm afraid. How long have you been waiting now?

ItchyBG
04-04-2015, 10:28 AM
A week now. Last thing I asked was answered with a copy - paste message 31 days after I created the ticket. :/

strigoi1958
04-04-2015, 11:41 AM
Did you copy it from the email and paste it into your uplay ? I usually do that because it is easy to make a mistake when typing codes. Also if you copy and paste, make sure you do not get a "space" at the front or behind.

I know it sounds basic but it is surprising how easy it is to type the wrong key.

Also when you entered the key... did you get a message ? if you did what did it say ?

ItchyBG
04-04-2015, 12:05 PM
I did everything...copy and paste it directly with no spaces - "The CD key or Activation key is not valid. Please try again." Was so hyped to buy it and finally I did not get anything. I won't leave support alone until they either fix the issue with the key or refund the money. This is borderline absurd. I know Uplay is no Steam. I know that there are some bugs and things will get better with time,but just to compare - ticket to EA, answer 4 days; ticket to Steam,answer 7 days; ticket to Ubisoft,copy-paste "Have a nice day. Cheers" 31 days. At least the other companies take time to answer and not use automated messages with a virtual middle finger to the customers.

YazX_
04-04-2015, 12:26 PM
AC1 is DRM free game and when you buy anything from Ubishop it should automatically get activated under your UPlay account that you bought it from, so entering the key will result in "invalid key" message since its already activated, i'm not sure if you have tried this but please look under "Games" inside UPlay client and make sure the filter is set to "All Games" not "Installed" and check if the game is listed there, if its not then Loco already reported this and you will get help soon.

ItchyBG
04-04-2015, 05:17 PM
I appreciate the help guys and I understand the efforts Mods do to help the community. Just Uplay as a platform is not stable (opinion,not complaint) . There are so many things that need to be fixed.
On the topic - I did try that too,it was never registered on my account,nor did I get my 10 Uplay points for the game. On the Order history part of Uplay options the last purchase - AC Director's Cut is marked as Order submitted,not Order complete.
Regards,
Ivo

YazX_
04-04-2015, 09:34 PM
I appreciate the help guys and I understand the efforts Mods do to help the community. Just Uplay as a platform is not stable (opinion,not complaint) . There are so many things that need to be fixed.
On the topic - I did try that too,it was never registered on my account,nor did I get my 10 Uplay points for the game. On the Order history part of Uplay options the last purchase - AC Director's Cut is marked as Order submitted,not Order complete.
Regards,
Ivo

Sorry that you are having trouble but dont worry, locoPells already reported this and AC Community Manager will take case of this soon.

strigoi1958
04-05-2015, 02:50 AM
Uplay as a platform is not stable (opinion,not complaint) . There are so many things that need to be fixed.

Ivo

Can you say what things ? I've never had any problems with Uplay maybe a small server problem but I've had worse with Origin and Steam and I still like them as well.