PDA

View Full Version : Something doesnt make sense about the end of the Dead King DLC *spoiler*

F3nix013
04-04-2015, 12:32 AM
At the very end of the DLC there is a cinematic where Arno gives a carrier the Piece of Eden and tells him to make sure it gets to "Al Mualim in Cairo"

How on earth is that possible when Al Mualim has been dead for hundreds of years at the hands of Altair?

Namikaze_17
04-04-2015, 12:40 AM
Al Mualim means Mentor.

F3nix013
04-04-2015, 12:46 AM
I understand that but who would his "mentor" be in Cairo? His whole order is in Paris and he killed his only mentor at the end of the game. So why not just keep it in Paris? What is special about Cairo?

Namikaze_17
04-04-2015, 12:53 AM
I understand that but who would his "mentor" be in Cairo?

Not Arno's; The Assassins have more than one Mentor.

But it's unclear who the Mentor is at the moment.

His whole order is in Paris and he killed his only mentor at the end of the game. So why not just keep it in Paris? What is special about Cairo?

That was Pierre; And as I said, it's unclear why Arno sends it away, or to Cairo of all places.

Probably just because of Napoleon or fanservice my guess. :rolleyes:

Altair1789
04-04-2015, 01:36 AM
Al mualim means "the teacher" or "the mentor" in Arabic, so he was sending it to the assassin mentor in Cairo

Abeonis
04-06-2015, 02:12 PM
Typically each branch of the Assassin Order has its own Mentor; in France, Mirabeau was the Mentor (during the Revolution), whilst in the Colonies it was Achilles. The end of Dead Kings indicates that there is also a Mentor in Egypt - "The Mentor" translated into Arabic is "Al Mualim". This is clearly a different 'Al Mualim' to the one we see in the original game, whose real name was Rashid ad-Din Sinan.

BananaBlighter
04-06-2015, 02:50 PM
Apparently it's a sign we're going to Egypt. Look carefully in that scene and you see that the assassin has different coloured eyes, just like the sage in Black Flag.

Altair1789
04-06-2015, 06:41 PM
Apparently it's a sign we're going to Egypt. Look carefully in that scene and you see that the assassin has different coloured eyes, just like the sage in Black Flag.

He's got strange eyes, but I don't know if they're a different color. This is from a screenshot from a youtube video so the quality's pretty crappy, but I'm going to go get a screenshot from in game and look at that one

http://i.imgur.com/cGv5ih2.png

That is a good point though. Also his voice was apparently unused in ACU, so who knows, maybe Ubisoft decided to put the protagonist of a future AC game in Dead Kings :rolleyes:

LatinaC09
04-06-2015, 06:55 PM
I wonder if some DLC for Victory will take place in Egypt. It's unlikely but it'd be nice to finally see that location in some way. Or perhaps an upcoming Chronicles will be featured there. I would love to see Egypt. Ancient Alexandria would look amazing.