PDA

View Full Version : Rifts, Sync Points and Skills

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 12:07 PM
Ok. I am not stupid, but i admit i am a little confused about these things. Are sync points and skill points the same? Can you redo helix rifts to keep earning those points to "hack" upgrades? Its a bit ovewhelming at the moment

waynedavies89
04-02-2015, 02:54 PM
Ok. I am not stupid, but i admit i am a little confused about these things. Are sync points and skill points the same? Can you redo helix rifts to keep earning those points to "hack" upgrades? Its a bit ovewhelming at the moment

Ok, lets see if I can explain this easily because it even fried my noodle trying to work it out

Sync Points are earned from completing story missions or by collecting them from around the area during co-op missions. These Sync points are used to buy skills, abilities and active such as double assassination, stun bombs and assassin cache.

To purchase weapons and gear you use the basic in-game money that you spend in shops and its earn throughout the game. To upgrade the weapons and gear however, you need to use Creed Points, which are earned just by playing the game naturally though combat, free-running and so on. Doing "Assassin" like things. You will often get notifications on screen about how many creed points you earned from an action , such as Perfect Parry Expert, Quick Decent or a Finisher.

Helix rifts have nothing to do with Helix point. Helix points or credits are a fast track way to unlock weapons and gear by using real money and you use those purchased credits to " Hack Unlock" weapons and gear you want. You replay the Helix Rift missions to earn more money, gather intel and find collectible Crests.

Best advice; Forget about the Helix points/credits, just play the game normally to earn money, Creed and Sync points, Then find the remaining Sync Points in Co-op Missions.

Hope that helps buddy! :)

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 03:35 PM
Ok, lets see if I can explain this easily because it even fried my noodle trying to work it out

Sync Points are earned from completing story missions or by collecting them from around the area during co-op missions. These Sync points are used to buy skills, abilities and active such as double assassination, stun bombs and assassin cache.

To purchase weapons and gear you use the basic in-game money that you spend in shops and its earn throughout the game. To upgrade the weapons and gear however, you need to use Creed Points, which are earned just by playing the game naturally though combat, free-running and so on. Doing "Assassin" like things. You will often get notifications on screen about how many creed points you earned from an action , such as Perfect Parry Expert, Quick Decent or a Finisher.

Helix rifts have nothing to do with Helix point. Helix points or credits are a fast track way to unlock weapons and gear by using real money and you use those purchased credits to " Hack Unlock" weapons and gear you want. You replay the Helix Rift missions to earn more money, gather intel and find collectible Crests.

Best advice; Forget about the Helix points/credits, just play the game normally to earn money, Creed and Sync points, Then find the remaining Sync Points in Co-op Missions.

Hope that helps buddy! :)

Ahhhhh. Thanks for that. You really are a useful human being, as i am convinced i just watched a video of yours about the companion app (which i have discovered to be useless now that they freed everything up). Your explanation is very clear, so cheers for clearing that up.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2015, 03:42 PM
I agree all the different point systems are confusing

it should be that creed points unlock skills

not that you collect floating abstergo symbols in specified locations

i hope they change it in victory

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 03:47 PM
I agree all the different point systems are confusing

it should be that creed points unlock skills

not that you collect floating abstergo symbols in specified locations

i hope they change it in victory

Yes,it would have made more sense for skills to be improved from points aquired by using other skills. Having to do all co-op missions and story missions to complete the skill tree is a bit daft imo.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2015, 03:51 PM
its the reason i still havent 100% the game

i got 99% done then looked up youtube vid of all the sync point locations and the video was 40 minutes long and i was like nope

aint nobody got time fo dat

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 03:57 PM
its the reason i still havent 100% the game

i got 99% done then looked up youtube vid of all the sync point locations and the video was 40 minutes long and i was like nope

aint nobody got time fo dat

There seems to be quite a few video guides on that. Apparently though you can do the missions alone and collect the floaters, and keep them even of you fail the actual quest. You can then play again in co-op (or alone again) to complete it and get the other rewards, or something.... you might have already known that :D

Shahkulu101
04-02-2015, 06:45 PM
I'd consider myself a bumbling idiot when it comes to games, one who considers Mass Effect to complicated to play - but all these different currencies never confused me.

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 06:58 PM
I'd consider myself a bumbling idiot when it comes to games, one who considers Mass Effect too complicated too play - but all these different currencies never confused me.

Might just be the fact i tried to apply logic in relation to currency names and what they should be used for, and how they are gained. My mistake :D

Shahkulu101
04-02-2015, 07:02 PM
Might just be the fact i tried to apply logic in relation to currency names and what they should be used for, and how they are gained. My mistake :D

I'm not implying your silly or anything - a lot of people were confused and there were articles on games websites explaining the currencies. I'm just surprised I wasn't. :p

Markaccus
04-02-2015, 07:56 PM
I'm not implying your silly or anything - a lot of people were confused and there were articles on games websites explaining the currencies. I'm just surprised I wasn't. :p

I know you weren't, mate. It's all good. Right.... i am off to earn some skill-helixes to perform a sync-rift on a creed-franc :D

HDinHB
04-02-2015, 09:55 PM
Those are creed-livres. :p

micksith
04-02-2015, 10:04 PM
I know you weren't, mate. It's all good. Right.... i am off to earn some skill-helixes to perform a sync-rift on a creed-franc :D

The only Co-op mission found Couldn't be completed Alone is 'The Tournament' - that needs at least 2 players to get past the Flag collecting session

ERICATHERINE
04-02-2015, 10:27 PM
The only Co-op mission found Couldn't be completed Alone is 'The Tournament' - that needs at least 2 players to get past the Flag collecting session

That's not true, I've finished it alone. It just take practice (and a little luck for Arno not going the wrong way, may it be while jumping or running).

Fatal-Feit
04-02-2015, 10:41 PM

Nah, that can be soloed.