PDA

View Full Version : Anyone notice that the grappling hook is actually an ASSASSIN insignia? (AC Victory)

Defalt221
04-01-2015, 06:09 PM
LOOK :

http://media.tumblr.com/6bcf855bb786250c38a647b7b79e274f/tumblr_inline_ng4otfaE0V1scaq99.png

Similar to the tomahawk in AC 3:

http://www.miccostumes.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/Assassins_Creed_III_Connor_Tomahawk_Replica_Axe_3. jpg
Other assassin's weapons had that assassin logo on them. But they were NOT SHAPED like them.

king-hailz
04-01-2015, 06:19 PM
It was the first thing I noticed...

micksith
04-01-2015, 06:26 PM
I wonder if it works Like the grapple rope From Tenchu (the origin of almost every AC weapon / ability to date) or just another rope dart like AC 3,

Shahkulu101
04-01-2015, 07:34 PM
About the grappling hook, if it works anything like the one in Dying Light I will be pleased. Although that one sort of negates the need for climbing walls to reach the top of buildings, but you could still free run on the roofs and some buildings would be too high for our protagonist to instantly grapple to the top of - like the viewpoints for instance. If anyone has played Dying Light, you now how satisfying the grappling hook is.

Democrito_71
04-01-2015, 07:40 PM
I noticed the Assassin symbol on the Grappling hook icon when I saw the leaked pics from Victory in December three months 4 months ago.

Completely off topic, Ubisoft have been really quite about Victory since it leaked. When do they reveal it? In the end of April or are they planning release all the big news about Victory on E3?

king-hailz
04-01-2015, 07:43 PM
I noticed the Assassin symbol on the Grappling hook icon when I saw the leaked pics from Victory in December three months 4 months ago.

Completely off topic, Ubisoft have been really quite about Victory since it leaked. When do they reveal it? In the end of April or are they planning release all the big news about Victory on E3?

Definitely e3. Before they announced it in end of march but now they have already announced it because of the leak so it will be at e3.

Altair1789
04-01-2015, 08:09 PM
It was the first thing I noticed...

Same here

I'm guessing no sneak peek, probably a full trailer at E3

Democrito_71
04-01-2015, 08:53 PM
Definitely e3. Before they announced it in end of march but now they have already announced it because of the leak so it will be at e3.

I'm guessing no sneak peek, probably a full trailer at E3

It's only 2 long months away so I think we can survive the long waiting for the Reveal Trailer, right? ;)

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 09:22 PM
And this is a thread because?

The Assassins have always been very symbolic for some reason. Really contradicts the 'Don't compromise the brotherhood' tenet though.
( Especially when you have flags of your symbol in front of your HQ :p)

But hey, when you're looking flashy who cares right?

Altair1789
04-01-2015, 11:06 PM
It's only 2 long months away so I think we can survive the long waiting for the Reveal Trailer, right? ;)

2 long months and then 4 much much longer months

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 11:55 PM
About the grappling hook, if it works anything like the one in Dying Light I will be pleased. Although that one sort of negates the need for climbing walls to reach the top of buildings, but you could still free run on the roofs and some buildings would be too high for our protagonist to instantly grapple to the top of - like the viewpoints for instance. If anyone has played Dying Light, you now how satisfying the grappling hook is.

Maybe it'll function more similarly to the eagle ability in ToKW. Now I'm extra hyped.

GoldenBoy9999
04-02-2015, 01:36 AM
Yeah, I noted this in my research for Victory about a month ago but it's still cool. I didn't notice it at first.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2015, 01:52 AM
that is a really impractical grappling hook

pirate1802
04-02-2015, 06:32 AM
That's an impractical hook if I ever saw one. How the hell is this thing supposed to hook on to stuff?

Defalt221
04-02-2015, 12:22 PM
That's an impractical hook if I ever saw one. How the hell is this thing supposed to hook on to stuff?

I reckon it's attached to the hidden blade and has a firing mechanism like Batman (using the steam engine for extra firing power thanks to that era being influenced by James Watt) because these days all AC games have modified hidden blades (Connor's swivel blade-folding mechanism to the hidden blade, Ezio's hidden gun-gun strapped to the blade, hook blade-hook attached to the blade,phantom blade- crossbow mechanism to hidden blade) and now the "hidden graplade" -grappling mechanism to the hidden blade...?

Shahkulu101
04-02-2015, 01:17 PM

The power of Assassin's Creed brand identity is strong.

m4r-k7
04-02-2015, 01:35 PM
Maybe it'll function more similarly to the eagle ability in ToKW. Now I'm extra hyped.

The Quebec studio who worked on ToKW is heading Victorys development so it is possible xD

Democrito_71
04-02-2015, 03:09 PM
2 long months and then 4 much much longer months

Only 6 months, we all can survive that :cool:
Though we have to count that Ubisoft maybe decides to delay Victory with a month if there's too many bugs in the game. Having a new "Unity problem" is the least problem Ubisoft need imo.

JustPlainQuirky
04-02-2015, 03:13 PM
I hope it doesnt function like the eagle skill in ToKW

the controls are too stiff and contextual IMO

LoyalACFan
04-02-2015, 09:37 PM
I hope it doesnt function like the eagle skill in ToKW

the controls are too stiff and contextual IMO

This. The Eagle skill felt really lame to me. I'm hoping for something more like Arkham's grapple gun mechanics, maybe with a hint of Spider-Man (i.e. throwing the hook out to redirect the momentum of a fall).

micksith
04-02-2015, 09:53 PM
If it's any kind of automatic 'pull me up to the roof' magic rope mechanism ..... Please don't UBI (leave that grapple rope in Riki's toolbelt) , A Rope dart effect for combat & Climbing /swinging over or around obstacles would be much preffered .

Fatal-Feit
04-02-2015, 10:39 PM
This. The Eagle skill felt really lame to me. I'm hoping for something more like Arkham's grapple gun mechanics, maybe with a hint of Spider-Man (i.e. throwing the hook out to redirect the momentum of a fall).

Comparing to the Arkham's grapple gun, I disagree. THAT felt more stiff and contextual. Still, I have to hand it to the grapple gun because it offered more distance and felt more exhilarating w/ its animation and speed.

LoyalACFan
04-02-2015, 11:10 PM
Comparing to the Arkham's grapple gun, I disagree. THAT felt more stiff and contextual. Still, I have to hand it to the grapple gun because it offered more distance and felt more exhilarating w/ its animation and speed.

I don't see how the grapple gun was stiffer than the eagle flight... you basically just aim the camera where you want to shoot and he will, and then you have the cape glide to pair it with for traversal. Whereas with the eagle flight you literally hop from one point to the other in the jerkiest, least fluid way imaginable.

SixKeys
04-02-2015, 11:28 PM
I don't like either Batman's grapple gun (at least not for long distances) nor the Eagle power in ToKW, but if I had to choose, the grapple gun still wins, hands down. The Eagle power looked and felt really clumsy.

Fatal-Feit
04-02-2015, 11:43 PM
I don't see how the grapple gun was stiffer than the eagle flight... you basically just aim the camera where you want to shoot and he will, and then you have the cape glide to pair it with for traversal. Whereas with the eagle flight you literally hop from one point to the other in the jerkiest, least fluid way imaginable.

The targeting doesn't work as well as eagle flight. I was just comparing the two (Arkham City) and for every, say, 4-6 viewpoints I can potentially aim and fly towards w/ eagle flight, there's only about 1 or 2 for the grapple gun (although, much more distance). It's more contextual and restricted. Batman also has to do this shooting animation that takes about a second before descending (can get you hit or shot in combat) and certain viewpoints like lampposts or gargoyles causes a landing animation. And it sometimes look sluggish when there are objects in front and Batman slides around them. W/ eagle flight, Connor instantly descends from one point to another, the only hindrance is losing health.

The cape glide is for a totally different discussion. Batman can glide, Assassins can climb. Batman has his Batmobile, Assassins has their parkour. Yeah, Batman can traverse through the city better and that's fine. I don't think the developers of AC wanted Connor to soar through NY like Batman, which is why it's mostly for quickly bouncing from one ledge to another and absorbs health. They want it to be an addition to parkour, not replace it.

Defalt221
04-03-2015, 08:32 AM
Yeah, I noted this in my research for Victory about a month ago but it's still cool. I didn't notice it at first.

WOW. JUST WOW. LOOK AT THIS: http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/23/read-some-fans-speculation-about-everything-assassins-creed-victory/

Namikaze_17
04-03-2015, 02:30 PM
WOW. JUST WOW. LOOK AT THIS: http://www.vg247.com/2015/01/23/read-some-fans-speculation-about-everything-assassins-creed-victory/

This has been known for months now...

You will find this same article if you keep reading into the Speculation thread.