PDA

View Full Version : season pass owners shouldve gotten the 2nd & 3rd chronicles episodes as compensation

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 10:17 PM
thanks to dead kings being free, i paid thirty dollars for one episode and still have to pay for the other two

thats fifty dollars total

where the average person only pays 10 dollars each episode(thirty total)

so basically, season pass owners end up paying MORE than normal buyers.

and our 'compensation' was an old game or a game not tied to AC (i.e. not intended purchase)

why the hell were the other two episodes not offered as compensation? that makes 1000x more sense!

I seriously feel ripped off.

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Let it go...

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 10:53 PM
its 30 bucks ill never get back

plus its on the topic of proper consumer treatment so its something im stingy about

we paid for something that was advertised as something that would save us money. and now it ends up costing us more. significantly more.

never gonna let that go mate

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 10:58 PM

plus its on the topic of proper consumer treatment so its something im stingy about

we paid for something that was advertised as something that would save us money. and now it ends up costing us more. significantly more.

never gonna let that go mate
She does have a point.....
Especially since the main host game for that season pass, Unity, wasn't so good as Ubi advertised....

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:00 PM
not even that

i mean, dont get me wrong

unity was terrible

but it WAS a game and WAS the intended product i bought. and so thus it does deserve my money that sense

but if you change the intended product, refuse to cooperate for a refund, offer a compensation that has NOTHING to do with the intended product, THEN introduce content that effectively makes my purchase of the product not only unwanted, but counter intuitive by resulting in more pay than less, THEN im gonna complain

seriously

its bull

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 11:01 PM
I can't wait till the movies come out.

Altair1789
03-31-2015, 11:04 PM
I think it was because back then they didn't want to announce there were 3 Chronicles games (and IIRC, Chronicles China is coming out 4/20 but the rest are coming out later on) and if they said "we have a surprise compensation" people would've gotten really mad. Imo they should've just announced all 3 Chronicles games right then and there

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:13 PM
so according to johkr ubi hasnt offered an official price for each episode which means the listers were wrong

regardless, i doubt the prices will be high enough for the season pass to have actually saved money or be equal in price

here's hoping it does

edit:

explained my complaint in-depth to Johkr. He's filing a report for me.

Bless his widdle heart.

Democrito_71
03-31-2015, 11:27 PM
Well, since Ubisoft gave us the Dead Kings dlc for free, a dlc with free weapons and are still releasing Chronicles China for free for those who bought the season pass before it was removed from PSN, Xbox live and... don't know where to buy a season pass on pc :p but anyway the point is and this is just a baseless theory;

This is the indirect consequence we get for being given the Dead Kings dlc for free. Ubisoft lost probably a lot of potential season pass buyers when they removed the season pass & made the Dead kings dlc for free for everyone who owns Unity so this is their way to earn back the money they lost due to giving away the Dead Kings dlc for free.

And since Chronicles India and Russia wasn't advertised in the season pass in the first place, I believe they planned to sell each of those separate from the start while giving away Chronicles China for free for those who bought the season pass and to sell it separately to those who didn't bought the season pass.

As I recall, Ubisoft did offer new and old games like Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs for free as a compensation to those who had bought the season pass. Thinking about that Far cry 4 were released on the same month as Unity were and those who chose to pick Far Cry 4 for free, Ubisoft also lost money on giving away FC4 for free as well. Same goes to watch Dogs and Just Dance 2015. So because of removing the season pass, giving away dead kings for free to everyone who owns the main game, giving away one out of 6 digital games for free and Chronicles China for free to those who bought the season pass, selling each of these Chronicle games are their way to earn some of the money they lost due to the problems Unity caused.

And I agree with you that Ubisoft should have payed you back when you didn't want any of the games they offered you for free when you just wanted your money back, Justplainquirky.

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:31 PM
As I recall, Ubisoft did offer new and old games like Far Cry 4 and Watch Dogs for free as a compensation to those who had bought the season pass.

my problem with this is

if i order a chair, but they give me a series of sofas to pick from instead, im not going to be happy with a sofa. because i didnt order a sofa

hence why i wanted a refund

and not only that but the chair i did get was 50 dollars while theyre selling a bundle of three of that exact same chair for a 70 dollar price tag

(when the chair was advertised as going to save me money)

thats what it feels like for me rn

and yeah its only thirty dollars

but im like dirt poor yo

cant even afford FNaF and thats a four dollar game

SixKeys
03-31-2015, 11:35 PM

http://gghaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/has-the-longest-console-generation-damaged-gaming_8x5g.jpg

You're new to AC, aren't you?

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:36 PM
http://gghaven.com/wp-content/uploads/2014/11/has-the-longest-console-generation-damaged-gaming_8x5g.jpg

You're new to AC, aren't you?

ok ok

i'll admit it

that was hilarious

Sushiglutton
03-31-2015, 11:48 PM
This should be a meme:

*Buys seasons pass*
*Complains about being ripped off*

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:51 PM
This should be a meme:

*Buys seasons pass*

most season passes at least effectively save you money in some regard

thats what they're for

of course there's exceptions like with borderlands

which had massive backlash

and yeah seasonpass is inherently anticonsumer

but i put up with it because its beyond my power

but consumer rights and/or proper consumer treatment is still something im passionate about

so i will speak up when i feel i've at least been lied to when being ripped off

Shahkulu101
03-31-2015, 11:52 PM
This should be a meme:

*Buys seasons pass*

Haha this, you were ripped off the moment you bought a season pass dawg

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:53 PM
when you put it that way i was ripped off the second i exchanged my money for unity with the gamestop cashier

( ͡ ͜ʖ ͡)

SixKeys
03-31-2015, 11:53 PM
I bought the season pass, but I've gotten enough free stuff already that I don't feel ripped off. Dead Kings and China Chronicles is good enough for me.

Sushiglutton
03-31-2015, 11:56 PM
gamestop

:eek: you need a financial advisor!

jk, you are free to buy what you want and then stand up for your rights ofc.

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:57 PM
I bought the season pass, but I've gotten enough free stuff already that I don't feel ripped off. Dead Kings and China Chronicles is good enough for me.

dead kings was for everyone. same with some clothes/weapons. so not the season pass owner

so for thirty dollars you paid extra, you got

1 episode out of 3 episodes of games. meaning you will also have to pay for the other two episodes.
also they will likely not cost as much total for others as much as you have to pay to get all of them. (initial 30 + cost for two games vs cost for each game)

a game unrelated to AC or old game that you may possibly have no interest in whatsoever and had no plans on purchasing

highly improbable chance of getting a refund

melbye82
03-31-2015, 11:58 PM
Oh poor you, Ubisoft wanted to give you a really good game that was month old, how evil of them

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 12:00 AM
This should be a meme:

*Buys seasons pass*

I'll pay top dollar for such a meme.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 12:01 AM
Oh poor you, Ubisoft wanted to give you a really good game that was month old, how evil of them

oh my goodness

i've been so blind

how dare I be upset i ordered an extension of a product that was intended to save me money on said product and complain i do not get as advertised and instead get an unrelated product i had no intentions of purchasing!

how dare i be upset by my inability to get a refund that was within my legal rights?

i saved so much money by paying for a product i was never going to buy!

if only i hadnt been so naive!

i better go burn my money in a fire as an apology for my sins

oh wait i already did

by buying the stupid pass in the first place

SixKeys
04-01-2015, 12:07 AM
dead kings was for everyone. same with some clothes/weapons. so not the season pass owner

so for thirty dollars you paid extra, you got

1 episode out of 3 episodes of games. meaning you will also have to pay for the other two episodes.
also they will likely not cost as much total for others as much as you have to pay to get all of them. (initial 30 + cost for two games vs cost for each game)

a game unrelated to AC or old game that you may possibly have no interest in whatsoever and had no plans on purchasing

highly improbable chance of getting a refund

It's all relative. I feel like I got my money's worth with Unity and the other stuff. Whereas I could name two other AC games that didn't come with half as much stuff to justify the price of a season pass that I wish I never would have spent.

You're allowed to complain, of course, but pre-ordering games and buying season passes is always a gamble. You're essentially paying for a promise, one which the company may fail to deliver on. The blowout from Unity was so bad they discontinued sales of the season pass entirely, so they're obviously aware they messed up.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 12:11 AM
im mainly pissed because i couldnt get my friggin refund

if i could, i would at least be able to back out

but i cant

because ubisupport was, is, and always will be trash

they screwed over kiwi too IIRC

so all i had left was to hope the season pass was worth the money

but for AC Unity, you're literally LOSING money by owning the season pass

and im like

i could have bought the entire FNaF trilogy with that money

its like cmon

like, if rogue was offered as a compensation instead of like far cry 4, that would at least have made more sense since its also new but more importantly WITHIN AC.

hngh

all the potential steam games ive lost

but yes this def taught me to never buy a season pass again

it was my first time and last time

just like how unity was my first and will be my last pre order ever

just promotes anti consumer practices

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 12:24 AM
I disagree w/ Ubisoft support being trash. At least in all of my experiences. It usually only take a few mins to reach someone.

* Got new ULC codes for my McFarlane figures

* They refunded my Unity app premium purchases.

* They got me Liberation DLC for free because I missed the pre-order.

* Allowed me to gift free Revelations key to a friend.

* They allowed me to gift my standard AC3 and ACIV ver after I bought the Deluxe and Gold editions.

And a bunch of other stuff. I never think twice about calling them.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 12:27 AM
* Got new ULC codes for my McFarlane figures

* They refunded my Unity app premium purchases.

* They got me Liberation DLC for free because I missed the pre-order.

* Allowed me to gift free Revelations key to a friend.

* They allowed me to gift my standard AC3 and ACIV ver after I bought the Deluxe and Gold editions.

can you switch your support helper with kiwi and I pls?

literally have never gotten anything good from them.

even when sending a minor ticket they never respond with helpful aid

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 12:31 AM
That's because you're sending tickets. I've never dealt w/ a company that has satisfied even 10% of their customer tickets. Always call them up.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 12:32 AM
i dont always send tickets

i was just saying for the smaller stuff

fatal you should use your charm to ring up ubisupport to get free stuff and gift it to me

its the perfect plan

trust me

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 01:15 AM
that's totally ganna happen

SixKeys
04-01-2015, 01:22 AM
That's because you're sending tickets. I've never dealt w/ a company that has satisfied even 10% of their customer tickets. Always call them up.

What about countries that don't allow call-ins, only tickets?

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 01:27 AM
that sucks

EscoBlades
04-01-2015, 01:47 AM
Sorry to hear you feel that way. Would also like to thank you for your feedback on this issue which you are very clearly passionate about.

Most definitely noted.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 02:12 AM
thanks esco

http://media3.giphy.com/media/1YfXT6vtAgQKI/giphy.gif

HiddenKiller612
04-01-2015, 04:00 AM
So you're angry because you paid for a season pass and not only will you get the contents of said pass you also received a free game, whether you wanted it or not is irrelevant because it was free...How would you have handled this if, they didn't give everyone Dead Kings, went ahead with releasing ACC: China, and after that released... they said hey, guess what... for 20 bucks more, you get the 2nd and 3rd part of ACC... both of which are set in different eras, with different characters? I bet, you'd still feel slighted... because they didn't give you the extra content... even though, they had announced what content would be contained in the season pass before hand.... It's alright to be upset, but everyone takes a hit sometime...

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 04:07 AM
So you're angry because you paid for a season pass and not only will you get the contents of said pass you also received a free game, whether you wanted it or not is irrelevant because it was free...

that is downright false logic

whether you want it or not DOES matter in terms of COMPENSATION

im upset the season pass was advertised as saving me money when in reality i end up having to pay more to get all of the AC Unity DLC

and the "free game" is valueless/meaningless as it is not my intended purchase (and by the way its NOT free because you're essentially paying ubisoft the other twenty dollars for THAT free game you never asked for)

if i wanted ice cream im not gonna be happy someone got me a two hundred dollar cake, yeah its a good quality cake but i dont like cake and its not what i asked for

and at the same time someones selling 3x the ice cream i wanted to buy for 3x cheaper

and the seller is the same person who said the ice cream i bought was the cheapest

it comes off as a scam

HiddenKiller612
04-01-2015, 04:11 AM
that is downright false logic

whether you want it or not DOES matter in terms of COMPENSATION

im upset the season pass was advertised as saving me money when in reality i end up having to pay more to get all of the AC Unity DLC

and the free game is valueless/meaningless as it is not my intended purchase

if i wanted ice cream im not gonna be happy someone got me a two hundred dollar cake, yeah its a good quality cake but i dont like cake and its not what i asked for

and at the same time someones selling 3x the ice cream i wanted to buy for 3x cheaper

and the seller is the same person who said the ice cream i bought was the cheapest

it comes off as a scam
Except you're getting what you asked for... You're getting the things from the season pass... This is like complaining about buying a game for 20 bucks and then a week down the line it drops down to 10 dollars. At the time, you were getting a good deal...

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 04:15 AM
its not the product itself. its the value of savings it was advertised as and the concept of a season pass in general.

you buy them to save money

by buying the season pass, it was advertised to save you a certain percentage on total DLC

now, you end up paying TWENTY DOLLARS more

that goes completely against the concept of a season pass

and they reject a refund and say "oh have this unrelated or outdated game. that's totally your intended purchase and makes up for it."

im basically giving them free extra 20 bucks and theyre giving me crap i didnt ask for in an excuse to say it was a valued deal. but it wasnt. i didnt ask for it. legally I am entitled to a refund

Kismet
04-01-2015, 09:59 AM
Except you're getting what you asked for... You're getting the things from the season pass... This is like complaining about buying a game for 20 bucks and then a week down the line it drops down to 10 dollars. At the time, you were getting a good deal...

Not really, the guy who buys a game for 20$ and sees the same game going for 10$ the week later at least played the game a week in advance compared to the guy buying it at the reduced price, so he's getting some value out of it, as little as it may be.

Assassin's Creed Unity Season Pass owners paid in advance out of the promise of saving money for something that would have become available to everyone at the same time later on, there's no value in the Unity Season Pass other than that saving.

The decision to give the Dead Kings DLC for free to everyone reduced the saving Season Pass owners were getting, saving now further reduced by the inclusion of Assassin's Creed Chronicles China in a trilogy that will be offered at a reduced price to those willing to pay for the three episodes in advance: if for instance the AC Chronicles Season Pass ends up costing 20$/€, their buyers will spend as much for the whole trilogy as AC Unity Season Pass owners getting ACC China for free and buying the other two episodes individually.

What's left in the Unity Season Pass bundle is a bunch of useless pre-order/shop-exclusive gear/ULC worth a fraction of the Season Pass price.

To make up for the saving loss they offered for a limited time one out of a choice of six games that had nothing to do with the Assassin's Creed franchise (Black Flag aside, but chances are most early buyers of Unity and of a 30$/€ Season Pass had the game already).

And not everyone claimed the free game they offered as compensation, either because they already had all of them or because they were not interested in the titles available: I owned four out of the six titles offered, the other two would have just further cluttered my PSN download list, never to be played.

Since by their own admission Assassin's Creed Chronicles China was meant to be part of a trilogy from the beginning, offering the Chronicles Season Pass as a compensation option would have definitely made more sense than offering a bunch of games their customers could already have or have no interest in.

Mr_Shade
04-01-2015, 10:11 AM
can you switch your support helper with kiwi and I pls?

literally have never gotten anything good from them.

even when sending a minor ticket they never respond with helpful aid

If people need us too - we can chase up tickets if needed - so everyone should get the same level of service..

This is nothing new - and people always have the option of talking to us ;)

JWRK
04-01-2015, 04:18 PM
I don't feel entitled to episodes 2 and 3 but I'd be aggravated if the Chronicles season pass gives addictional bonus meaning I have to give up on them or buy episode 1 twice.

dxsxhxcx
04-01-2015, 05:12 PM
you should've taken a legal action against them when they refused to give you a refund for the season pass, now that you already got the free game as compensation for it it's too late to complain...

micksith
04-01-2015, 05:52 PM
I'm with 'plainquirky' on this subject . If a Vegetarian is served a Rotten salad - a Free fillet Steak is not how you compensate them.
I bought season pass & Got Nothing extra .... If i wanted Watchdogs i would've bought it months earlier on PS3 , If i wanted FC4 i'd probably have bought FC 1, 2 or 3 , But i've NO interest in 1st person shooting games . The Crew ... ??? Instead of AC ??? We're linked with U-play - but nothing offered as compensation is even close to other UBI games i own or have owned . Still haven't claimed my FREE game - Because i've Zero interest in those games , UBI SOFT literally couldn't give them away (to me)
So personally i'd prefer the Cash i spent on the Extra DLC everybody else got for FREE .