PDA

View Full Version : Issue: Unable to get past start screen (no key input) PC - AC Rogue

Numinak
03-31-2015, 05:38 PM
This is a rather strange issue. I have just finished installing the game for the first time. I can get it to load up to the 'press any key' screen at the start...but nothing I press will actually do anything.

I know they key presses do work, because as soon as it goes to the idle cut-scene, I can cut it short with a mouse or key press. But after that it acts like there is no input and will not start the game.

I've looked around, and can't seem to find any one that has the same issue.

The overlay has been disabled, just in case, but that did not help either.

Please help!

YazX_
03-31-2015, 09:33 PM
You can try the following:

1. Install DX and VC++, they are located inside [AC Rogue Installation Folder]\Support\Software. (Restart windows afterwards)
2. Control Panel --> Device Manager ---> Expand "Human Interface Devices" and disable everything except keyboard and mouse.
3. Disconnect all devices except keyboard and mouse.
4. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Rogue then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

MeditationRefle
08-19-2015, 08:17 PM
You can try the following:

1. Install DX and VC++, they are located inside [AC Rogue Installation Folder]\Support\Software. (Restart windows afterwards)
2. Control Panel --> Device Manager ---> Expand "Human Interface Devices" and disable everything except keyboard and mouse.
3. Disconnect all devices except keyboard and mouse.
4. Backup folder Documents\Assassin's Creed Rogue then delete it (this folder contains files for graphics settings and controls mapping).

Thank you for your reply,It really helped me :D

LeifReiker2014
10-31-2015, 01:13 PM
Done all that but still not getting any reaction from ACR - keyboard and mouse = no input.

Any alternative options please?

Oh - I have also disabled McAfee etc.

Going4Quests
10-31-2015, 04:27 PM
I had these issues a few months ago too with all AC games except Unity. After some research I discovered that when you play Unity, all other AC games are broken until you reboot Windows. Not sure if you played Unity on the same day, but worth giving a shot rebooting. :P

Jessigirl2013
11-01-2015, 12:09 PM
Huh?

This cant be the case.
I played Unity and then Rogue yesterday :rolleyes: