PDA

View Full Version : Will AC Chronicles be open world like Child of Light?

KimSul
03-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Will Assassin's Creed: Chronicles three-part series be open world where you can free roam after beating the game like in Ubisoft other 2.5D game, Child of Light?

Does anyone know?

RVSage
03-31-2015, 05:40 PM
We have to wait for more details

Frag_Maniac
03-31-2015, 09:03 PM
A 2D Scroller "open world", seriously?

KimSul
03-31-2015, 09:45 PM

What is wrong with that? Ubisoft did it right with Child of Light ^,^

Javsp
03-31-2015, 10:52 PM
Well, since the price is only 9.99 € per chronicle I don't expect a very replayable title but a way to get some money from us until Victory is released.

Speedy_PC
04-01-2015, 04:34 AM
The only problem I'm worried about the AC Chronicles China is that I hate playing as a woman like AC Liberation, I'm a male and I rather play as a man not a woman Ubisoft should be able to plan the game play option as a woman or male of choice in the game if you can understand what I'm trying to explain it fair to all male and female who play AC.

guest-WIKCUFU6
04-01-2015, 06:43 AM

2D scroller just removes the fun of moving around in AC games. Also 2D blasts the glory of the worlds of that time into pieces..That means India which was once called The Golden Sparrow will be seen in a disgusting yellowish paper color. I mean what is that?

daveb6429
04-01-2015, 09:14 AM
No news on the free roaming after game end but there are some snippets on the blogs. As are the other questions raised in this thread,

China Blog (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-chronicles-china-preview/)

India and Russia (http://blog.ubi.com/assassins-creed-chronicles-india-russia-revealed/)

At the end of the second blog it states chronicles release date as fall 2015

You can also check out the official chronicles website (http://assassinscreed.ubi.com/en-US/games/chronicles/)

Frag_Maniac
04-01-2015, 11:42 PM
What is wrong with that? Ubisoft did it right with Child of Light ^,^

So what? Ubi does a lot of things that don't make sense. Calling any 2D Scroller "open world" is a bit of a stretch really. It's a very confined style of game. It's like parents telling their toddlers to "hunt" for Easter eggs along a defined path marked by fake bunny paw prints.

Anykeyer
04-04-2015, 10:58 PM

Why that surprises you? That was a thing since NES (castlevania 2) at least

Frag_Maniac
04-04-2015, 11:15 PM
Why that surprises you? That was a thing since NES (castlevania 2) at least

Because ever since truly 3D open world environments have been made in a lot of games, going back to 2 or even "2.5D" is a significant downgrade to the open exploration offered in the game. I thought that much was obvious.

Anykeyer
04-06-2015, 09:55 AM
I consider 2D a different genre rather than a downgrade.

jeffies04
04-07-2015, 05:52 AM
I consider 2D a different genre rather than a downgrade.

I agree with this. It's its own thing entirely.

I have to say for myself though that I'm completely un-enthused about this release. I hope I'm pleasantly surprised by it.