PDA

View Full Version : Uplay PC Client - March Update 2 - 31/03/2015

Ubi-Cain
03-31-2015, 12:02 PM
http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/58f85786bee280a9b58caf2f84ab7334.png

Hello Uplay Gamers,

We've got another update for you today to see out the month. In this update we've made some changes to the compression of screenshots which improve the image quality. In addition to that we've also included a couple of bug fixes. See below for details.

Changes in this release:

We have improved the quality of Screenshots by reducing the compression ratio of the exported images

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevent you from adding new Friends
Fixed a crash that would occur if you lost an internet connection shortly after starting the login sequence

The Uplay Team

Jabo9999
04-01-2015, 08:41 AM
Since yesterday, when I launch FarCry4, Uplay starts up, but the game won't. I have the same issue with Watch Dogs. I already reinstalled Uplay and the 2 games, but without any result. Could this be linked to this update? Before yesterday everything worked fine.

http://static2.cdn.ubi.com/gamesites/uplay/v20/news/58f85786bee280a9b58caf2f84ab7334.png

Hello Uplay Gamers,

We've got another update for you today to see out the month. In this update we've made some changes to the compression of screenshots which improve the image quality. In addition to that we've also included a couple of bug fixes. See below for details.

Changes in this release:

We have improved the quality of Screenshots by reducing the compression ratio of the exported images

Bug Fixes:

Fixed an issue that occasionally prevent you from adding new Friends
Fixed a crash that would occur if you lost an internet connection shortly after starting the login sequence

The Uplay Team

Ubi-Leorthian
04-01-2015, 01:21 PM
Hello Jabo9999,

Thanks for contacting us with your issue. Can you describe what happens when you try to launch a game? Do you receive any kind of error message?

AntiChrist7
04-01-2015, 09:22 PM
Same problem here. None of my Uplay games wants to load/launch anymore. This happens since monday/tuesday. When I press launch, the mouse turns to the loading stage for 5 seconds, and then stops. this happens for FC4, ACU, AC rogue, Valiant Hearts, SC Blacklist

I know it must be the update, because I did a system recovery, and then my games worked. But now again it refuses. Obviously im not planning on doing that the whole time

Anno 1404, which is in my uplay library but not linked to it, does work.... so its pretty obvious where the problem lies

Ubi-Leorthian
04-02-2015, 04:27 PM
Hello AntiChrist7,

Thank you for contacting us with your issue. Please can you check this forum post (http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1055788-READ-ME-Help-us-to-help-you-%E2%80%93-How-to-report-an-issue?p=10667617&viewfull=1#post10667617) and send us the information contained in your logs? We will use that information to try to identify what is causing your issue.

Also, if you are using a program called Screenpresso, please try disabling it to see if this helps; a number of users have reported issues with the program recently, and while it is unlikely to be the cause if your issue only started this week, it is worth trying. You can also try heading into the Uplay PC client settings and disabling the Uplay overlay to see if that helps.

AntiChrist7
04-02-2015, 05:28 PM
I never heared of a program called Screenpresso, and I disabled the Uplay overlay, but no change.

I did open up a support question with number 02133730 and attached my logs to it.

Arnoldh1974
04-02-2015, 08:03 PM
Same problem here, sins the Uplay update 'March Update 2 - 31/03/2015' my Uplay game won’t start anymore. I bought Anno2070 true Steam a couple of months ago, this was my first Uplay game. It all worked fine till 2 days ago. Tried everything (flushing steam, removing cache steam and Uplay, check for Screenpresso on my pc, check if newly installed programs interfere, etc.) nothing helped. The os on my pc is Windows7 on x86. For me it is quite obvious that the update caused the problem. Uplay/Ubisoft please come with a resanable solution and explanation. Thanks.

AntiChrist7
04-06-2015, 12:38 PM
I fixed it, but it isnt pretty. I removed Uplay, and the Ubisoft map in Program Files (made a backup to be certain). Then I downloaded the new version of the installer and installed it. Now my games work again, but offcours I had to download them.

If I hadnt completed FC4 and AC Rogue I wouldnt have done it. At least my save games for Valiant Hearts, AC Unity and SC Blacklist (and Anno 1404) are intact. But dont take this as the magic solution

Ubi-Leorthian
04-06-2015, 01:39 PM
Hello AntiChrist7,

I'm glad to hear that you were able to find a solution for your issue. For future reference, if you create a backup of your game files before uninstalling Uplay, once you reinstall Uplay you will be able to point Uplay to your backup files rather than having to download your games again.

For games that use installers rather than a streamed installation, you will need to create a backup of the installer itself. You can find out more info in the announcement thread for the introduction of the system: http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1013662-Uplay-PC-Client-February-Update-19-02-2015

AntiChrist7
04-06-2015, 02:36 PM
Yeah I wasn fully aware of that, but anyway, I'm not completly sure it works. I firstly reinstalled Unity from disc, but then the button in Uplay still said "download" instead of "play", and he wanted to download everything (the full 50GB) when I pressed it.

Then I used the exe file in the folder, and then he wanted to be pointed to the gamefolder. I gave it to him, but then he went "validation failed". Since it was late and I was really annoyed, I just deleted everything and downloaded it overnight.

Also, when I want to validate files on SC Blacklist, he wants to download an additional 50MB, but then he gives a "discwriting" error or something (my translation) and stops, luckily it doesnt stop me from playing the game and connecting with others (yet)....

Ubi-Leorthian
04-06-2015, 03:27 PM
I would need to check, but it's possible that SC Blacklist uses an installer rather than a streamed installation, as a number of older games do. If that is the case, it may be part of what caused the issue you experienced as games that use installers are treated differently to more modern games which use a streamed installation system. However, Assassin's Creed: Unity should be making use of the system, so I'm uncertain why it would have told you to download 50GB again.