PDA

View Full Version : AC Community Podcast | ft. LatinaC09 & Mr.Black24

Fatal-Feit
03-30-2015, 09:24 PM
Hello, guys! The next episode of the AC Community Podcast had finished recording yesterday and it will be up either tomorrow Tuesday or Wednesday, latest. I'll post the video here when it's ready. Can't wait to share our discussions w/ you guys!

Special thanks to both LatinaC09 and Mr.Black24 for joining us.

http://i.imgur.com/sNRXnUh.jpg

This week is a little different and we could use some feedback. This episode is 1 week after our last one and I plan to make it about 45 mins long. Our discussions can go on for hours and I know many of you may not want to bother w/ 1-2 hours discussions every week so I want to know what you guys want.

* How long do you want the episodes? Less than an hour? 1-2 hours?

* When do you want an episode? Every week? Every two weeks?

Hans684
03-30-2015, 09:38 PM
* How long do you want the episodes? Less than an hour? 1-2 hours?

Around 1 hour and 2 at most.

* When do you want an episode? Every week? Every two weeks?

Prefer once a week but there should be "breathing rooms" in case anything happen or you need more time making the podcast. Quality.

Namikaze_17
03-30-2015, 09:40 PM
Nice, can't wait to hear. :)

What were the topics discussed again? I can't recall them.

Regarding your question, I'm personally fine with either. Whatever works best for you friend.

SixKeys
03-30-2015, 09:42 PM
2 hours is a good length IMO.

It doesn't matter to me how often you decide to release an episode. I'd love once a week, but once every 2 weeks is fine too. I know RL can sometimes get in the way.

Looking forward to the episode!

RinoTheBouncer
03-30-2015, 10:43 PM
Best of luck, guys. I'm so happy for you and I can't wait to listen to it.

Regarding length, I think the most important thing is how fulfilling the episode feels. As long as you discuss the topics thoroughly, then that's all that matters. And regarding whether they should be every week or every 2 weeks. I guess as long as you have subjects to discuss and informative and knowledgable guests to discuss them, then that's also what matters. You an take a break sometimes and do every two weeks, but it depends on how often you're willing to do this and how rich each episode feels.

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 01:11 AM
i think episodes shouldnt be released on a schedule. forums arent active enough. you'll burn through guests fast

just make an episode when you feel there's sufficient news, discussion topics, and potential good guests

thats my two cents anyway

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 01:19 AM
Are you trying to weekalize the podcast you greedy sell out?

SixKeys
03-31-2015, 01:54 AM

It's the Ubisoft syndrome.

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 04:32 AM
Wow, I'm surprise by your responses. I thought 1-2 hours recording and weekly uploads may be too much. It's not a problem for me, I just don't want to overwhelm you guys. During ep 2's editing, I felt it may have been excessive for viewers.

i think episodes shouldnt be released on a schedule. forums arent active enough. you'll burn through guests fast

Well, the guests aren't restricted to forums only. I'm open to fans from YT, Tumblr, Reddit (brace yourselves, I already have some planned), Twitter, and anywhere else. And I think it'd be great to have some people return. There are a lot of people I like discussing AC w/ and this podcast is a great excuse. ;)

<<

>>

damn it

But in all seriousness, I was originally planning on making it a weekly thing from the start. Problem was schedule issues during the 2nd episode.

pirate1802
03-31-2015, 11:47 AM
These things have become part of my weekly staple and I now eagerly look forward to 'em. Great going guys (and gals). :)

LatinaC09
03-31-2015, 04:15 PM
Thanks again for having me on the podcast!! Regarding length, I think it just depends on the topics. A more hot topic closer to a release date may spark longer discussion. It just depends. :)

Democrito_71
03-31-2015, 04:57 PM
I think 55 to 60 minutes are a perfect lenght for a podcast. If there's more to discuss and the discussion goes over the 60 minutes lenght, then make a part 2 of the podcast episode so you guys can finish the rest of the discussions.

And I think one episode for every second week would be better than once a week since the forums aren't active enough.

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 05:17 PM
Not going to lie, I'm nervous of hearing myself on this week's podcast lol. I felt so weak, like all my organized thoughts just scrambled in the matter of seconds!!! But of course I also had fun too, can't wait to do this again!.

As for time, I would suggest something like an hour and 30 minutes would be good.

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 07:26 PM
And I think one episode for every second week would be better than once a week since the forums aren't active enough.

Guys, keep in mind the podcasts' topics are not restricted to the forums.

Not going to lie, I'm nervous of hearing myself on this week's podcast lol. I felt so weak, like all my organized thoughts just scrambled in the matter of seconds!!! But of course I also had fun too, can't wait to do this again!.

Haha! All of us are. Don't worry, you were fantastic.

Democrito_71
03-31-2015, 07:52 PM
Guys, keep in mind the podcasts' topics are not restricted to the forums.

That's great the podcast isn't restricted to threads from the forums only. Oh yeah now I remember you guys discussed a topic from reddit, about the idea of Ezio being a "bloodthirsty zealot". Ah then there's plenty of topics to be discussed then, perfect! :D

SixKeys
03-31-2015, 09:53 PM
There's always something to be discussed about AC. Even if by some chance all of Reddit, YouTube and the forums went quiet, people could always dive into old debates like "who's right, assassins or Templars?", "state of modern day" etc.

SixKeys
04-01-2015, 10:36 PM
Sooo....where is it?

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 10:46 PM
Sooo....where is it?

He's procrastinating like he usually does... :rolleyes:

It'll be uploaded later today I think he told me.

Fatal-Feit
04-01-2015, 11:43 PM
NAMI, HUSH.

I had to take a long test in class so half of my day was consumed. Just finished editing the podcast and now it's rendering. Shouldn't take more than an hour now. Finally, some free time to binge watch some more MLP, woo!...

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 11:51 PM
NAMI, HUSH.

I will not...

http://media.tumblr.com/tumblr_livtqmlAep1qc2q1ko1_500.gif

SixKeys
04-01-2015, 11:55 PM
NAMI, HUSH.

I had to take a long test in class so half of my day was consumed. Just finished editing the podcast and now it's rendering. Shouldn't take more than an hour now. Finally, some free time to binge watch some more MLP, woo!...

It's already Thursday over here, foo. You promised Wednesday at the latest. I protest to you now!!! :mad: :mad:

Shahkulu101
04-02-2015, 01:15 AM
Fatal be release the podcast of AC Community! :mad:

Fatal-Feit
04-02-2015, 02:03 AM
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0S26-sTzWj8

Namikaze_17
04-02-2015, 02:05 AM
Sweet.

*Listens*

Shahkulu101
04-02-2015, 02:15 AM
Thanks Fatal. Just to let you know I was kidding, take as much time as you need making these for us you're doing a great job. ;)

TO_M
04-02-2015, 02:40 AM
Just a heads up, this weeks video description lists the same discussion topics from the previous podcast.

Matknapers18
04-02-2015, 03:01 AM
Just finished listening. You guys have improved so much. Congrats, it was fantastic.

Also, this episode was a really good length in my opinion. I haven't got time for 2 hour podcasts, so this is just about perfect for me. Loved the shoutout segment as well. Great job!

Namikaze_17
04-02-2015, 03:20 AM
Just a heads up, this weeks video description lists the same discussion topics from the previous podcast.

Was gonna say that. XD

---

Great job you guys.

I really enjoyed the transitions with the music, it just made everything flow so well.

Latina & Black were both great! Kudos to them. ;)

(Thanks for that name drop man. :o)

But I also enjoyed the topics you guys discussed about the Kenway plothole & Japan along with a nod to the forums.

So overall, great episode! Keep it up. :D

Fatal-Feit
04-02-2015, 08:07 PM
Hey, buddies, the description is now edited. *phew*

I'm moving our podcast from SoundCloud to Itunes so download may take some time...

Thanks Fatal. Just to let you know I was kidding, take as much time as you need making these for us you're doing a great job. ;)

Haha, don't worry about it. I knew you guys were just teasing.

Oh yeah, I know. I had a HUGE headache last night so I couldn't be bothered until this afternoon.

Just finished listening. You guys have improved so much. Congrats, it was fantastic.

Also, this episode was a really good length in my opinion. I haven't got time for 2 hour podcasts, so this is just about perfect for me. Loved the shoutout segment as well. Great job!

Thanks again! And that's good to hear. Maybe one to one and a half hours is a good length for this.

*snip*

Gotta keep the shoutouts going from now on, thanks! =P

GunnerGalactico
04-02-2015, 08:25 PM
Wow! I especially loved this episode, probably because it addressed the topics that I'm mostly interested in. Both guests had very good and interesting ideas to share.

Keep up the fantastic work guys! :)

SixKeys
04-04-2015, 03:49 AM
Finally got a chance to listen to this. Great job, guys! Nice to have such enthusiastic guests and Nerdie seems to be getting over her shyness. :)

I don't know if it's a good or bad thing I wasn't on this episode because I definitely would have had a lot of feedback for the comm devs, lol. :p Fatal brought up a few of the same complaints I have, namely the abscence of the mods/comdevs on the forums. Like he said, I understand you guys can't always join in the discussions because of NDAs and not wanting to seem biased etc. But while you guys have improved a bit on communication, there's still a lack of comdev participation the forums. It sometimes leaves fans wondering if our suggestions and complaints are being heard. There should be more acknowledgment of threads that garner a lot of responses, like the ones regarding Unity's legendary gear unlocks. Even a short "we can see you guys are passionate about this issue and will make sure to pass it on" would suffice. As of right now, we don't always know what gets passed on and what doesn't.

Anyway, enough rambling. My only suggestions would be to include links to the fan art shoutouts in the OP, and I still miss having some kind of intro/outro music.

Keep it up, guys!

Edit: Forgot to mention, the length was good, you kept things moving without making it feel rushed.

waynedavies89
04-04-2015, 07:30 PM
Great cast this week. Highly enjoyed it! :)

The weekly one hour format is very good, though I think you guys can easily go for the 90 minute mark depending on guests and topics.

If I could offer any feedback to help improve the series, it would be a visual cue of the current topic on the YouTube video. Having the current question on screen would support the timestamps and help those using YT apps on devices like PS4 and phones - where the description doesn't show or work properly - keep up with the discussion.

The other suggestion would be to try source recording. If you have guests that are able record their own mics from their end using free software like Audacity, have them do so and send you the files to be cut in. It will take a lot long to sync and edit the final program, but the audio quality of everyone's mic from their own inputs will be much better than recording the output from Skype or whatever you use in the cast.

Keep up the great works!!