PDA

View Full Version : Who would like to see a proper Conclusion to Connor Kenway?

ACZanius
03-30-2015, 05:48 PM
So i was thinking and this is really bugging me for some time now and it really frustrates me how in last 2 years we got no news of Connor's future beside brief knowledge of what he's up to in AC4 Aveline DLC obviously it's shown he's still active and recruits Patience Gibbs and second one is that later in 1804 he trains Eseosa grandson of Adewale, but what then? Honestly i would like to hear how many people desire/want another or basically LAST Connor game, to give him a PROPER conclusion, now here's the best part all this stuff regarding Shay is very interesting but let's leave that. Just last game to finish his story, the best part is it does not have to be set in Colonial America maybe like style of ACR Ezio goes out of Italy, Connor could go somewhere else, So many possibilities and options, on other hand all these side connections on Arno/Connor/Shay it does not necessarily have to be that but that would be one mind blowing opportunity to conclude Connor's Arno's and Shay's story, it does not have to be some cliche Connor/Arno hunting Shay but maybe they are working together to find something, some first civilization tech or some plot idk. What are you thoughts people?

ERICATHERINE
03-30-2015, 06:14 PM
So i was thinking and this is really bugging me for some time now and it really frustrates me how in last 2 years we got no news of Connor's future beside brief knowledge of what he's up to in AC4 Aveline DLC obviously it's shown he's still active and recruits Patience Gibbs and second one is that later in 1804 he trains Eseosa grandson of Adewale, but what then? Honestly i would like to hear how many people desire/want another or basically LAST Connor game, to give him a PROPER conclusion, now here's the best part all this stuff regarding Shay is very interesting but let's leave that. Just last game to finish his story, the best part is it does not have to be set in Colonial America maybe like style of ACR Ezio goes out of Italy, Connor could go somewhere else, So many possibilities and options, on other hand all these side connections on Arno/Connor/Shay it does not necessarily have to be that but that would be one mind blowing opportunity to conclude Connor's Arno's and Shay's story, it does not have to be some cliche Connor/Arno hunting Shay but maybe they are working together to find something, some first civilization tech or some plot idk. What are you thoughts people?

You forgot to tell about the mission where we can control him in ac liberation hd. ^-^

Personaly, I would also want another ac game about Connor. Maybe he could kill some templar who were in ac rogue. He could also use the Aquila just like Shay, Adewale and Edward.

There is only one thing I would not want to return and it's the infinite wolf. In ac III if I killed a wolf there was an obligation of taking what I could from it and by the time I did that there was some other wolfs that came and if I ran I was disyncronized.

ze_topazio
03-30-2015, 06:34 PM
Connor's story was properly concluded, Connor was a naive idealist who set out to defeat the Templars, rebuild the brotherhood, support the revolution, recover the amulet and protect his people.

The Templars were defeated, the brotherhood was rebuilt, the revolution succeed, the amulet was recovered and hidden for Desmond, as for his people, they stated they did not needed his help and moved somewhere else, Connor finally accepted that fact and moved on, and after all those years he realized the world was much darker than he had imagined, even so he decide to keep on fighting for a better world.

Shay was a problem of Achilles, not Connor, Connor has no connection with Shay, him going after Shay would not be a conclusion, it would be a sequel.

Namikaze_17
03-30-2015, 06:45 PM
I want a conclusion to Jack's story...

ACZanius
03-30-2015, 06:50 PM
I disagree his story is not concluded, and it has so much more to offer, he was naive yeah but but he did the right thing to defeat all Templars.

conclusion = [kuh n-kloo-zhuh n]
noun
the end or close; final part.
the last main division of a discourse, usually containing a summing up of the points and a statement of opinion or decisions reached.

" Connor has no connection with Shay, him going after Shay would not be a conclusion", umm yeah it would how is that not perfect opportunity to settle all once and for all like i said it does not have to be Vs. story but no connection? Connor single handedly undid Shay Templar business and Shay is aware of Connor and his business being destroyed the question is, is Connor aware of Shay? Obviously it's writing mess here since AC: Rogue didn't even exist back when AC 3 was finished so the question is where could Connor be taken next? Honestly like i said it does not have to be some cliche Vs. story but this thing is perfectly set up and it presents opportunity Connor/Shay/Arno only if Ubi is willing to take. Now to say "make a game" it's just words this takes time but i hope something is in works already but overall yeah i would be even happy if it would be animated movie or at least AC: Chronicles game but i would prefer a legit game.

VestigialLlama4
03-30-2015, 07:38 PM
I like Connor a lot, but I absolutely don't want another Connor game as such. I like the story they told in AC3 and TOKW, that's cool. After that, there's no real historical period for him to latch on to, sure it would be cool to see him welcoming Frederick Douglas, Harriet Tubman and John Brown into the Assassins but

What I do want though is simple backstory, a database entry or an AC INITIATES page. That is the bare minimum, ideally we should have an AC Embers video but okay if they don't want to do that, just tell us right away.

It makes no sense for us to ''not know'' anything about Connor. Because one thing is this isn't some fantasy series where you can leave some fates hanging. This is a series based on history. The fact is the Assassins shaped history, and the American Assassins were shaped by Connor, so obviously his actions had enormous consequences and they would clearly be known. It's beyond pathetic and disgraceful that AC ROGUE gave us backstory on Connor's Ship Aquila but we don't know anything about Connor. The fact is we know and have seen the fates of several player characters Ezio, Altair, Edward Kenway, Haytham Kenway, Adewale. So there's no justification for us to be kept in the lurch about Connor.

As for Shay and Arno, they should get the same as well.

SpiritOfNevaeh
03-30-2015, 07:48 PM
Another Connor thread, huh? :rolleyes:

Long story short: I would like to see another game with Connor, a concluding one or not :)

Megas_Doux
03-30-2015, 07:52 PM
Connor's story was properly concluded, Connor was a naive idealist who set out to defeat the Templars, rebuild the brotherhood, support the revolution, recover the amulet and protect his people.

The Templars were defeated, the brotherhood was rebuilt, the revolution succeed, the amulet was recovered and hidden for Desmond, as for his people, they stated they did not needed his help and moved somewhere else, Connor finally accepted that fact and moved on, and after all those years he realized the world was much darker than he had imagined, even so he decide to keep on fighting for a better world.

Shay was a problem of Achilles, not Connor, Connor has no connection with Shay, him going after Shay would not be a conclusion, it would be a sequel.

I agree!

GunnerGalactico
03-30-2015, 08:08 PM
Gonna have to agree with Ze and Megas here, Connor's story is complete. I just want to see him embark on another adventure.

Agreed. There are far too many connections, inter-relations and coincidences going on.

Namikaze_17
03-30-2015, 09:13 PM
Su & Ku's relationship needs a conclusion.

Altair1789
03-31-2015, 12:46 AM
You see, what we need is an entire series based on Connor, Altaïr, and Jazz Age Junkies guy

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 01:02 AM
ubisoft hinted several times connor would get closure in another form of media

just be patient, mate

hopefully it's in book and/or short film form

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 01:16 AM
ubisoft hinted several times connor would get closure in another form of media

just be patient, mate

hopefully it's in book and/or short film form

Or a radio drama.

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 01:18 AM
Or a radio drama.

i just imagine really cheesy sound effects and commercials

Connor: you....you knew my father

Shay: I did....and what a mess that was!

*honk hooooonk*

Connor: I do not understand

Shay: of course you don't, kiddo. That's why you're single

*laugh track*

Connor: What?

*sudden car commercial*

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 01:20 AM
i just imagine really cheesy sound effects and commercials

Connor: you....you knew my father

Shay: I did....and what a mess that was!

*honk hooooonk*

Connor: I do not understand

Shay: of course you don't, kiddo. That's why you're single

*laugh track*

Connor: What?

*sudden car commercial*

Would listen to that.

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2015, 03:26 AM

I never said I would like Connor to kill Shay, I said Templar in general. It could very well be Christofer Gist. :rolleyes:

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2015, 03:41 AM
I disagree his story is not concluded, and it has so much more to offer, he was naive yeah but but he did the right thing to defeat all Templars.

conclusion = [kuh n-kloo-zhuh n]
noun
the end or close; final part.
the last main division of a discourse, usually containing a summing up of the points and a statement of opinion or decisions reached.

" Connor has no connection with Shay, him going after Shay would not be a conclusion", umm yeah it would how is that not perfect opportunity to settle all once and for all like i said it does not have to be Vs. story but no connection? Connor single handedly undid Shay Templar business and Shay is aware of Connor and his business being destroyed the question is, is Connor aware of Shay? Obviously it's writing mess here since AC: Rogue didn't even exist back when AC 3 was finished so the question is where could Connor be taken next? Honestly like i said it does not have to be some cliche Vs. story but this thing is perfectly set up and it presents opportunity Connor/Shay/Arno only if Ubi is willing to take. Now to say "make a game" it's just words this takes time but i hope something is in works already but overall yeah i would be even happy if it would be animated movie or at least AC: Chronicles game but i would prefer a legit game.

I just hope we would also be able to see Eseosa too.

The_Kiwi_
03-31-2015, 04:02 AM
I need some Connor closure
Be it a game, movie or book, I don't care
I just need it

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 04:11 AM
You see, what we need is an entire series based on Connor, Altaïr, and Jazz Age Junkies guy

http://www.funbull.com/funny-pictures/Funny-Pictures/Long-Software-Install-Wait-2507.jpg

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 05:14 AM
How about they make it as a AC Victory Episodic DLC, Freedom Cry length but 20% more longer, for us who want it....

And for those who don't want his story, they don't buy it! See everyone wins!

Plus what happened in TTOKW didn't even happen in the real world, just a vision of an alternate world that had no character development or story progression for Connor whatsoever, so that doesn't count! *Yes he did get rid of the apple, but that's it! One fact, cool, but not much silly!*

See, I solved everything, I'm done here for today, close this thread mods, we're done here!

#Gimmiegameplz
http://25.media.tumblr.com/5a6c28741e515827407f4e470783838c/tumblr_mzd0rlZbAf1qkhnbbo1_250.gif

VestigialLlama4
03-31-2015, 08:01 AM
Plus what happened in TTOKW didn't even happen in the real world, just a vision of an alternate world that had no character development or story progression for Connor whatsoever, so that doesn't count!

It did count. Connor was offered ultimate power and he turned it down. Think of how much time Altair sat around with that Apple, or Ezio and the Italian Brotherhood did until he figured out that humans should do without it. He also helped make sure that America would never be a Kingdom or dictatorship, so that definitely counts as character development and story progression.

Like I said, I don't think there's any need for another Connor game, but it would be nice if they outright told us what happened to him. When AC2 came out, Altair's Codex told us all about his post-game life, we found out he became this intellectual, lived a long life, married Templar girl, that he and Malick are best buds and so on. There was really no need for the ACR Fan-Fiction, nice as it was.

Templar_Az
03-31-2015, 08:49 AM
In a story the conclusion does not mean continuous storyline until the characters death. Connor killed all the Templars and buried the key to the grand temple so that Desmond would find it; he pretty much fulfilled his purpose which was following Juno's commands.
Anything else after that, whether it be the struggle to liberate slaves or struggling to liberate his people, would not have much to do with the Assassins Creed story.

pirate1802
03-31-2015, 11:49 AM
nothanks.

In a story the conclusion does not mean continuous storyline until the characters death. Connor killed all the Templars and buried the key to the grand temple so that Desmond would find it; he pretty much fulfilled his purpose which was following Juno's commands.
Anything else after that, whether it be the struggle to liberate slaves or struggling to liberate his people, would not have much to do with the Assassins Creed story.

Yes, this person is wise.

LatinaC09
03-31-2015, 04:19 PM

My issue with this is that they seemed to have set up for future stories with Connor. He is even mentioned in Rogue in a way that leads me to believe that he is not finished with his role and will be returning soon. Personally I don't think that the Kenway series is truly over. Hopefully we can get a comic book, novel, movie or DLC that gives us some more info on where these characters ended up (Shay and Arno included).

dxsxhxcx
03-31-2015, 04:52 PM

this...

My issue with this is that they seemed to have set up for future stories with Connor. He is even mentioned in Rogue in a way that leads me to believe that he is not finished with his role and will be returning soon. Personally I don't think that the Kenway series is truly over. Hopefully we can get a comic book, novel, movie or DLC that gives us some more info on where these characters ended up (Shay and Arno included).

that's because his life goes on after the events of AC3, so it's no surprise that more info about him might appear after the events of AC3, what people need to understand is that the life of the ancestor doesn't matter to the grand scheme of things, the only thing that matter is whatever the modern Assassins/Templars are looking for in that timeline, if we see a good part of the ancestor's life, is either because the modern Assassins/Templars doesn't have enough information to pinpoint the exact location and time to find what they're looking for or because the animus user need to adapt to the animus' emulation like it was explained in AC1 (obsolete)..

F3nix013
03-31-2015, 04:57 PM
NO. I absolutely HATED Connor. I didnt even like AC3 that much because i dont care about American history (yes im an American but still dont like it nonetheless). The game was pretty boring really. You had a very monotonous and stale character that barely went through any character growth in the game and the missions were not all that good.

I have been an AC fan since the beginning but i have to say that AC3 was the most boring one that i ever played.

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 05:05 PM
It did count. Connor was offered ultimate power and he turned it down. Think of how much time Altair sat around with that Apple, or Ezio and the Italian Brotherhood did until he figured out that humans should do without it. He also helped make sure that America would never be a Kingdom or dictatorship, so that definitely counts as character development and story progression. How? We know that Connor is against dictatorship and any forms of cruelty, so him doing that isn't surprising at all, thats nothing new of him to do. No character growth there. Story progression? Barely, Washington told him a tale, they both touched the apple, saw a vision, didn't like it, they threw it out, there and done, thats it. Washington knew that thing was bad and told Connor to get rid of it, so it was basicly Washington who turned it down. Connor already knew what it was, due to Assassin History 101, so of course he knew what to do with it.

Like I said, I don't think there's any need for another Connor game, but it would be nice if they outright told us what happened to him. When AC2 came out, Altair's Codex told us all about his post-game life, we found out he became this intellectual, lived a long life, married Templar girl, that he and Malick are best buds and so on. There was really no need for the ACR Fan-Fiction, nice as it was.
You're right one one thing. I mean, if you don't want one thats fine, but like I said before, if you don't want it, don't buy it, but me and many others want to see a closure to their stories. Personally, many like myself wanted an Altair and Ezio closure and thats what we got, and I was happy with that! Plus, after AC3, AC Rogue, Unity, and Liberation, you got all this build up for something big, and then take it nowhere? What kind of story telling is that? You ok with stories like that, because many like myself don't like being lead into the open with nothing to show for.

Like for me for example, I don't want a Ancient Egypt or a Viking setting, way too far back before the Orders' actual founding for my tastes, but who am I to deny others' wishes? Let them play, and if its good, I'll pick it up, plain and simple.

Plus I agree with you about the Codex thing. I kind of wanted courier missions in Unity where you had to deliver letters from the American to the French Brotherhood, and you can read the letters to see Connor's progression on rebuilding the Order as well as his latter life like his marriage and stuff. Would have been neat fan service for us, but nope! I mean they did something similar in Rogue, various War Letters from throughout the globe by both Templars and Assassins, seeing their progress, I'd wish they'd done the same in Unity for Connor.

I mean come on!!! They gave more background on the Aquila in Rogue through these letters for craps sake!

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 05:07 PM
Jet needs a conclusion. :(

ze_topazio
03-31-2015, 05:13 PM
Jet needs a conclusion. :(

http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/hophead420/cowboycopy.png

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 05:15 PM
http://i20.photobucket.com/albums/b241/hophead420/cowboycopy.png

Not that Jet. :rolleyes:

F3nix013
03-31-2015, 05:26 PM
Like for me for example, I don't want a Ancient Egypt or a Viking setting, way too far back before the Orders' actual founding for my tastes, but who am I to deny others' wishes? Let them play, and if its good, I'll pick it up, plain and simple.

Actually that isnt true. If you remember AC2 where you are in the secret room of Monteriggioni, there were statues of all the different assassins from the past and what they did to kill their respective high profile target in their time period. One of those was in ancient Egypt with Xerxes. So the Order is older than you think.

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 05:32 PM
Actually that isnt true. If you remember AC2 where you are in the secret room of Monteriggioni, there were statues of all the different assassins from the past and what they did to kill their respective high profile target in their time period. One of those was in ancient Egypt with Xerxes. So the Order is older than you think.

I think he means when Altaïr re-invented it.

F3nix013
03-31-2015, 05:35 PM
I think he means when Altaïr re-invented it.

If that is the case then there isnt much story wise that they can do except create brand new eras like with Victory, but why waste all that time when you have multiple routes from the Desmond line you can take? Makes no sense.

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2015, 08:57 PM
How? We know that Connor is against dictatorship and any forms of cruelty, so him doing that isn't surprising at all, thats nothing new of him to do. No character growth there. Story progression? Barely, Washington told him a tale, they both touched the apple, saw a vision, didn't like it, they threw it out, there and done, thats it. Washington knew that thing was bad and told Connor to get rid of it, so it was basicly Washington who turned it down. Connor already knew what it was, due to Assassin History 101, so of course he knew what to do with it.

You're right one one thing. I mean, if you don't want one thats fine, but like I said before, if you don't want it, don't buy it, but me and many others want to see a closure to their stories. Personally, many like myself wanted an Altair and Ezio closure and thats what we got, and I was happy with that! Plus, after AC3, AC Rogue, Unity, and Liberation, you got all this build up for something big, and then take it nowhere? What kind of story telling is that? You ok with stories like that, because many like myself don't like being lead into the open with nothing to show for.

Plus I agree with you about the Codex thing. I kind of wanted courier missions in Unity where you had to deliver letters from the American to the French Brotherhood, and you can read the letters to see Connor's progression on rebuilding the Order as well as his latter life like his marriage and stuff. Would have been neat fan service for us, but nope! I mean they did something similar in Rogue, various War Letters from throughout the globe by both Templars and Assassins, seeing their progress, I'd wish they'd done the same in Unity for Connor.

I mean come on!!! They gave more background on the Aquila in Rogue through these letters for craps sake!

This. ^-^

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 09:55 PM
This. ^-^
Thank you! Now just in time to further support my argument, thank you Ubisoft for AC Chronicles. Not only we have Shao, but also Arbaar and Nikolia. They have thier stories in the comics, and their story is pretty much complete and already ties in with modern day, as many of you say it must be, so a game for them really wasn't necessary, wasn't needed. However the fandom wanted it, and they gave it to us!

Who are you do deny the same for us Connor/Shay/Arno/Aveline fans a good closure game? If Ubi can tell the tales of Shao, Arbaar, and Nikolia again in game form, despite already having a complete one in the comics, then they can do it for our 18th century protagonists!

Like I said, done here folks!

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 10:10 PM
^ Those guys are boring characters from boring America mate, no one wants that.

Mr.Black24
03-31-2015, 10:29 PM
^ Those guys are boring characters from boring America mate, no one wants that.https://bobcatinbeijing.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/parksjerrypie.gif
noooooo.........shhhhhhhhhhhh......

ERICATHERINE
03-31-2015, 10:31 PM
^ Those guys are boring characters from boring America mate, no one wants that.

Well, what do you say about a game on Eseosa. I would want that and a Connor sequel would permit it (at least in a dlc).

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 10:42 PM
https://bobcatinbeijing.files.wordpress.com/2013/08/parksjerrypie.gif
noooooo.........shhhhhhhhhhhh......

Honest friends speak honestly...

Well, what do you say about a game on Eseosa. I would want that and a Connor sequel would permit it (at least in a dlc).

Eh, not really.

I just assume Eseosa learned from Connor and returned to Haiti. Nothing more or less.

Altair1789
03-31-2015, 11:10 PM
Eh, not really.

I just assume Eseosa learned from Connor and returned to Haiti. Nothing more or less.

This is exactly why a game/ DLC on Eseosa would be a smart idea, we know next to nothing about him. They're free to do anything with his story, including sending off the other 4 major 18th century protagonists

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 11:35 PM
This is exactly why a game/ DLC on Eseosa would be a smart idea, we know next to nothing about him. They're free to do anything with his story, including sending off the other 4 major 18th century protagonists

I suppose. But there lies the question if he was truly important to begin with. Sure, he's Adewale's grandson, but that's...well...it.

He could have his revenge plot against Shay, but as someone else said that was more Achilles' problem and failure that he took to his grave. Nothing really that affected Connor or Eseosa.

At this point, I'm really content with all the 18th century characters aside from Shay who's story is wayy too open-ended to just be left alone.

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 11:38 PM

Could still do a Chronicles on him. Let Connor be his tutorial mentor and change his VA. :)

JustPlainQuirky
03-31-2015, 11:38 PM

been asking for this for a while

Darby took notice, but he said he's not really into shay and connor meeting

Could still do a Chronicles on him. Let Connor be his tutorial mentor and change his VA. :)

pls no

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 11:45 PM

How many jimmies are you aiming to rustle today? :p

Fatal-Feit
03-31-2015, 11:58 PM
Plot-twist: Connor's blonde wife left him for Eseosa, as shown in Chronicles.

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 12:03 AM

White woman goes for the Black man?

2/10 Writing/Too Predictable

ze_topazio
04-01-2015, 12:11 AM
You know what they say, once you go black you never go back.

Mr.Black24
04-01-2015, 01:08 AM
I suppose. But there lies the question if he was truly important to begin with. Sure, he's Adewale's grandson, but that's...well...it.

He could have his revenge plot against Shay, but as someone else said that was more Achilles' problem and failure that he took to his grave. Nothing really that affected Connor or Eseosa.

At this point, I'm really content with all the 18th century characters aside from Shay who's story is wayy too open-ended to just be left alone.

-Connor rebuilds the Brotherhood, but how and Shay is still out there with the Box, plotting who knows what? He's Connor's new problem now.

-Aveline has the Precursor disk....what does she do with it? Shares it with Connor? What does the vision mean?

-Arno still has Shay to content with....

-Shay is planning god knows what with the Box and we don't know a damm thing. Templar Order decimated, and like Connor, he will rebuild and a storm will come between these two....

Nah mate, I got an entire thread dedicated to this, but you'll just diss it like some other folks. *Sigh* perhaps I just care a lot more about these gaps than some people I guess....
Sides, what changed your mind, we used to be on the same page.

https://media1.giphy.com/media/L6Muh6zthvN04/200_s.gif

************************************************** ************************************************** *****************
P.S: Now I'm peeved how people are ok with Arbaaz Mir and Nikolaï Orelov coming to Chronicles, despite having their story covered in the comics, but heaven forbid us other fans having fun from having closure for our 18th century protagonists. Talk about wants and needs right???

And no, I don't care if you don't like them, then don't buy the DLC. Plain and Simple.

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 02:07 AM
-Connor rebuilds the Brotherhood, but how and Shay is still out there with the Box, plotting who knows what? He's Connor's new problem now.

We know Shay isn't like that. He most likely hid the box after hearing Haytham's death and went into hiding.

But until he stomps into the Homestead a la Cesare, then he's no threat or problem for Connor and co.

Aveline has the Precursor disk....what does she do with it? Shares it with Connor? What does the vision mean?

It was bascially stuff we already knew and it still hasn't lead to anything.

Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed they never continued that with Aveline.

Arno still has Shay to content with....

Not really.

Arno saw his father's death as HIS fault as seen in his induction into the Order. Not talking to you in particular, but I think it only matters so much to people because Arno became the main character and HAS to find out the truth, but he doesn't.

If Dead Kings is any indication, Arno gets over all the things that held him down in life and simply moves on. Him meeting or fighting Shay would just be unnecessary and forced whether for personal or business reasons.

Shay is planning god knows what with the Box and we don't know a damm thing. Templar Order decimated, and like Connor, he will rebuild and a storm will come between these two....

Agreed.

This is why I vouch for a book or comic of some kind to know Shay's later adventures rather than him showing up outta nowhere to pick a fight with Connor and co.

But like I said, I think it's unlikely he starts a fight with Connor and co anyway. :p

but you'll just diss it like some other folks. *Sigh* perhaps I just care a lot more about these gaps than some people I guess....

Nah, no diss man. Just my honest thoughts on the subject.

Do I think they need closure of some kind? Yes.
Is it mandatory? No.

what changed your mind, we used to be on the same page

Nothing's changed.

Just since Rogue, I've really appreciated these characters a lot more and with that I've become content with their stories being the way they are.

Adewale for example, was fine the way he was before his horrible representation in Rogue. I almost wanna consider it non-canon honestly.

I just don't want any serious damage done to the others.

Mr.Black24
04-01-2015, 03:29 AM
We know Shay isn't like that. He most likely hid the box after hearing Haytham's death and went into hiding.

But until he stomps into the Homestead a la Cesare, then he's no threat or problem for Connor and co. Yeah but like what was Haytham's intention for the box, since he was the one who had Shay retrieve it" For the Templar Order, and for me" What was he going to do with it, and knowing that Shay is an honorable Templar, he'd probably follow his original plan. He could have simply hid it, like you said, but hence why I want to know, since its way too ambiguous, but thats just me.

I don't think he'll go in Cesare style but, like Connor's views on the Templars, Shay would view him and Aveline as a threat to the people, like crazy anarchists as he viewed Achilles and his Brotherhood, and would try to remove them and his Brotherhood. Maybe a truce, who knows, but we want to though.

It was bascially stuff we already knew and it still hasn't lead to anything.

Don't get me wrong, I was disappointed they never continued that with Aveline. Hence why I want them too, its so good, it can't just stop there.

Not really.

Arno saw his father's death as HIS fault as seen in his induction into the Order. Not talking to you in particular, but I think it only matters so much to people because Arno became the main character and HAS to find out the truth, but he doesn't.

If Dead Kings is any indication, Arno gets over all the things that held him down in life and simply moves on. Him meeting or fighting Shay would just be unnecessary and forced whether for personal or business reasons.
Yeah, thats reasonable, and debateable. I just thought I'd be interesting, but once again, who knows.

Agreed.

This is why I vouch for a book or comic of some kind to know Shay's later adventures rather than him showing up outta nowhere to pick a fight with Connor and co.

But like I said, I think it's unlikely he starts a fight with Connor and co anyway. :p A good novel too! Well written, and a well crafted ending.

Nah, no diss man. Just my honest thoughts on the subject.

Do I think they need closure of some kind? Yes.
Is it mandatory? No.

Well, Its kind of like how I said before about Chronicles, its awesome if we get these guys, besides Shao, who gets covered in the comics already and really don't need a game, but i'd be fun to play. But if people ask for closure for Connor,Shay, ect, it is a huge sin. Might as well as do it for these guys too.

Nothing's changed.

Just since Rogue, I've really appreciated these characters a lot more and with that I've become content with their stories being the way they are.

Adewale for example, was fine the way he was before his horrible representation in Rogue. I almost wanna consider it non-canon honestly.

I just don't want any serious damage done to the others. One of the many things I'll list down for my future topic of Rogue, like come on, if Adewale was going to be killed by Shay, fine, but all he did was run around in circles in that stage. He's a Master Assassin for cripes sake, it should have been a tough boss battle, not some canon fodder! Like there is a video on Youtube where a player sees Adewale climb up stairs, and all he did was shoot him. Shot once, falls down, gets back up, then climbs back up, just to get shot and die in the second one.....oh how the mighty had literally fallen.

Shahkulu101
04-01-2015, 03:36 AM
I'd take a Connor sidescroller. It's better than nothing, at least it would have voice acting.

I'd prefer it over a measly Initiates article anyway.

JustPlainQuirky
04-01-2015, 03:41 AM
at this point i'd probably be ok with it too

but

not if he met shay

shay deserves high res mo cap with beautiful next gen skin textures

shay is bae

Shahkulu101
04-01-2015, 03:55 AM
Shay makes his own sequel.

He don't need no Ubisoft.

SpiritOfNevaeh
04-01-2015, 04:03 AM
Shay makes his own sequel.

He don't need no Ubisoft.

Shay: "I make my own sequel."

:rolleyes:

Sorry, just had to. :p

avk111
04-01-2015, 10:29 AM
OP

Whats ironic is that, the community of AC fans are aware about this, the petition boards are aware about this, Ubisoft is aware about this, the writers are aware about this , the forum is aware about this, the forum admins are about this, youtube is aware about this.

BUT NO ACTION

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 10:47 AM
Yeah but like what was Haytham's intention for the box, since he was the one who had Shay retrieve it" For the Templar Order, and for me" What was he going to do with it, and knowing that Shay is an honorable Templar, he'd probably follow his original plan. He could have simply hid it, like you said, but hence why I want to know, since its way too ambiguous, but thats just me.

I too have wondered what was Haytham's intentions with the box? Maybe it was for the precursor Temple? Who knows.

But like you said, it's too ambiguous to know what Shay did with it.

I don't think he'll go in Cesare style but, like Connor's views on the Templars, Shay would view him and Aveline as a threat to the people, like crazy anarchists as he viewed Achilles and his Brotherhood, and would try to remove them and his Brotherhood. Maybe a truce, who knows, but we want to though.

Indeed; We should pray to the Man of Comets for an answer. :rolleyes:

Well, Its kind of like how I said before about Chronicles, its awesome if we get these guys, besides Shao, who gets covered in the comics already and really don't need a game, but i'd be fun to play. But if people ask for closure for Connor,Shay, ect, it is a huge sin. Might as well as do it for these guys too.

Simple. They're just boring characters in boring America. :p

One of the many things I'll list down for my future topic of Rogue, like come on, if Adewale was going to be killed by Shay, fine, but all he did was run around in circles in that stage. He's a Master Assassin for cripes sake, it should have been a tough boss battle, not some canon fodder! Like there is a video on Youtube where a player sees Adewale climb up stairs, and all he did was shoot him. Shot once, falls down, gets back up, then climbs back up, just to get shot and die in the second one.....oh how the mighty had literally fallen.

Yes! That crap is my biggest fear. I'd hate to kill Connor or Aveline like fodder *****es or be portrayed as so.

I'd rather them stay the way they are than that.

ACZanius
04-01-2015, 11:39 AM
I am in Rogue literally this very moment (paused of course) god i must say that was very sad how Ade was like generic solider, just sad, even Kesegowase or Hope or Chevalier, for god's sake trained by Assassin and have same animations in combat as GENERIC Captains/Jagers..."facepalm", anyway i agree with both of you guys, when Rogue was announced and info was out believe it or not the first thing i thought was how they are gonna handle "Assassins" was not bad but was a solid fail on their combat.Regarding Connor sequel these things take time and i am very aware of that, i was thinking and if we get Chronicles game i will be satisfied since we all win, but if it would be a legit full AC game, my god that would be so good.

PS: All people saying Connor and AC3 was boring, HATERS GONNA HATE, like Mr.Black said don't bash the idea of this if other ppl like me and many more want it, AC Community is VAST one and it has many sides, ppl like AC for a lot for reasons.

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 12:45 PM
All people saying Connor and AC3 was boring, HATERS GONNA HATE, like Mr.Black said don't bash the idea of this if other ppl like me and many more want it, AC Community is VAST one and it has many sides, ppl like AC for a lot for reasons.

Please don't try to start a flame war of any kind.

Everyone here has been pretty respectful about the subject, we only ask the same of you.

ACZanius
04-01-2015, 01:43 PM
It's cool, never was my intention, just kind of sick of people and their "opinions" better said blind judgment towards AC 3 and Connor without backing up anything.

ERICATHERINE
04-01-2015, 04:49 PM
Honest friends speak honestly...

Eh, not really.

Maybe, but who knows. Maybe a dlc about this could do the same as the one about adewalé, in ac IV black flag. ^-^

Namikaze_17
04-01-2015, 05:29 PM
Maybe, but who knows. Maybe a dlc about this could do the same as the one about adewalé, in ac IV black flag. ^-^

Did you really have to make my words so large for the world to see? :rolleyes:

I may be a famous hokage and married to one of the richest matriarchs in the world, but I don't put myself out there. :p

Regarding what you said, who knows. You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

king-hailz
04-01-2015, 06:21 PM
I would... but its extremely unlikely... so get over it.

ERICATHERINE
04-01-2015, 06:46 PM
Did you really have to make my words so large for the world to see? :rolleyes:

I may be a famous hokage and married to one of the richest matriarchs in the world, but I don't put myself out there. :p

Regarding what you said, who knows. You'll just have to wait and see. ;)

Sorry for the large writting. It's just that for some strange reason, I can't put things darker on my pc anymore and even if I still can with the library pc, the closest one is not in my town.