PDA

View Full Version : Desmond Miles is 'Alive'?

king-hailz
03-29-2015, 09:53 PM
http://youtu.be/qAatoyILFTw

So what do you think? I guess it's kinda confirmed, it depends on what you think 'alive' means.

Plus I didn't see any threads focusing on this so I made it. Since its a pretty big topic...

Do you think he will return and how?

wvstolzing
03-29-2015, 10:26 PM
Annoying first response:

This was discussed on and off in various threads -- never in a thread of its own, given how little there is to talk, sadly.

That's nothing more than an easter-egg; at most a confirmation that the Juno 'arc' has been shelved officially.

pacmanate
03-29-2015, 10:29 PM
Discussed here last week - http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/1050615-Clay-Kaczmarek-s-Life-Digital-Immortality-and-Potential-Survival-with-Desmond

/Thread.

king-hailz
03-29-2015, 10:39 PM
Okay you can move this to that thread.

RinoTheBouncer
03-29-2015, 10:42 PM
Desmond Miles IS alive along with Clay Kaczmarek. It's written in the SECURITY BREACH MEMO in AC Unity files. You can checkout my article on my page (link in signature) and in the comments section, there's even a screenshot of the memo, which is shown in the video. I just hope that they just expand on that in the upcoming games.

pirate1802
03-30-2015, 06:37 AM
ewww how predictable

Markaccus
03-30-2015, 10:24 AM
Tbh, i hope he is. He spent 5 games as either a captive or thrown in at the deep end as an assassin operative, with very little in the way of clothes, spent days in a coma, and finally gets zapped with 1st civ energy, frying his hands and supposedly killing him in the process. He kind of deserves a bit of luck, doesn't he??

Hans684
03-30-2015, 04:41 PM
Yes he's alive but in The Gray.

He kind of deserves a bit of luck, doesn't he??

He doesn't make his own luck.

Altair1789
03-31-2015, 01:47 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the focus of "MD" for the next few AC games. By "MD" I mean AC4/ ACU type Modern Day

Templar_Az
03-31-2015, 09:13 AM
I hope he is alive, then he can bring back some interest in the modern story.

Markaccus
03-31-2015, 10:14 AM
Yes he's alive but in The Gray.

He doesn't make his own luck.

Normally i agree with making your own luck, but to be fair to des, he never really has many options and therefore no real scope to change his luck. He is kind of stuck in a one way system with no brakes on his car.

wvstolzing
03-31-2015, 11:01 AM
I wouldn't be surprised to see this as the focus of "MD" for the next few AC games. By "MD" I mean AC4/ ACU type Modern Day

'focus'... no way. There will be at most another easter egg in Victory.

The situation is pretty much this:

Star Trek season n, ending:
Borg cube speeding towards earth, they'll assimilate us all, resistance is futile, etc.; and what's that, they have a new 'locuta', A CLONE OF TASHA YAR, LOCUTA OF BORG

Star Trek season n+1, beginning:
Klingon civil war, Worf resigns from Starfleet, Data finds a good-natured crystalline entity, etc. Oh, the Borg have gone into maintenance mode. In one episode, Counselor Troy has a dream about Tasha Yar.

Star Trek season n+2:
Data has another evil 'brother', Picard has a teleoport accident, and Ryker gets involved with a Ferengi housewife. And what's that? The Borg? Oh, they're still in hibernation, though maybe they might have a new queen on the way, but she's in another galaxy at the moment. Yeah, they're waiting for her. In one scene in one episode there's a portrait of Tasha Yar, though it's kinda blurred. Maybe it was a trick by Q, who knows. This season's focus was Geordi's tale of redemption, dammit!

F3nix013
03-31-2015, 04:49 PM
It would make sense considering what Ubisoft stated a while back. Sometime in the past 2-2 1/2 years, Ubisoft came out and said that the Desmond story line is in fact coming to and end, but it is not done yet. So i wouldnt be surprised if Assassin's Creed Victory or the Assassins Creed game in 2016 finishes off the Desmond story line. Because if you look at it, they HAVE to finish it because Juno is still out and about.

Hans684
03-31-2015, 04:49 PM
Normally i agree with making your own luck, but to be fair to des, he never really has many options and therefore no real scope to change his luck. He is kind of stuck in a one way system with no brakes on his car.

That's it, he's stuck. Him saving the world was something he was forced in to, all had wanted was a normal live but we all know how it goes from there.

Namikaze_17
03-31-2015, 05:12 PM
I miss Desmond.

Templar_Az
03-31-2015, 05:27 PM
Perhaps we will meet Desmond again, but maybe in order to free him? Juno says Desmond and Clay (and soon everyone else) are experiencing bliss in her world but maybe they are really trapped and need saving...?

If we do indeed see Desmond then it might not be from his point of view but rather from the perspective of the "first person character."

Just my thoughts.

LatinaC09
03-31-2015, 06:40 PM
I'm still holding out for a modern day AC game with Desmond as the main protagonist. I know I'm probably in the minority but it'd still be interesting to see (and NO I don't consider Watch Dogs a modern day AC).