PDA

View Full Version : Remastering Assassins Creed 2 .

joniz297
03-28-2015, 01:59 PM
We are in times of remasters of all types of games and maybe people like it or not . But as a fan of the saga want to propose to ask for a complete remastering assassins creed 2 game with the new graphics engine and get back to Revivi the adventures of Ezio in all its splendor .
Tell me if you do not like this happened, although the market is saturated remakes I would say the assassins creed 2 would be worth re playing .. Microsoft him to miss with halo and cheft master collection. why not ubi with most franchise.

king-hailz
03-28-2015, 02:19 PM
I wouldn't mind if they used the exact same engine and the same controls and the same sounds, only enhancing the graphics... but I don't want it using the new engine... that wouldn't be good. I don't really want it remastered... I just want the same game to be ported to next gen....

Fatal-Feit
03-28-2015, 02:38 PM
I wouldn't mind if they used the exact same engine and the same controls and the same sounds, only enhancing the graphics... but I don't want it using the new engine... that wouldn't be good. I don't really want it remastered... I just want the same game to be ported to next gen....

If it's just an upscale, they could take it a step further and completely port the Desmond Saga on current-gen consoles.

playlisting
03-28-2015, 04:49 PM
only enhancing the graphics.

+1. Unity's engine still doesn't run well. Unity on PS4 frequently drops below 30 FPS which makes for an... unsatisfactory experience. I'd rather they do what Fatal-Feit said and port the whole Desmond saga over to current gen then just change the resolution to 1080p, maybe apply some nice, heavy AA and get it to stable 60 FPS if possible. If they could get the old games running well on the new engine I'd be all for it but it seems like a lot of work to port over so many games. I'm sure most would be happy with increasing the resolution and improving graphical effects.

Assassin_M
03-28-2015, 04:51 PM
I'd rather AC III, first. That, or the whole saga in one go.

Altair1789
03-28-2015, 05:37 PM
I don't want them to just rescale the cities, improve the graphics, and copy paste the story, I hope they add new content. Maybe they could use it as a way to tie up some loose ends. Maybe they could put the Ezio Trilogy together and add some Leonardo missions where we destroy more machines or greet him on his death bed (that's in France though, so probably not this). For the AC3 remaster they could end the stories of all 18th century assassins. AC1 could have bloodlines remastered too. I just don't think it would be much fun if they didn't add new things to do along with the graphics

Shahkulu101
03-28-2015, 05:58 PM
I'd only buy an AC2 remaster if it came bundled with BH and Rev since II is the weakest of the Ezio trilogy for me.

Matknapers18
03-28-2015, 07:14 PM
I don't understand the sudden desire for the whole Desmond Saga on current gen. In my opinion that is just complete overkill. We don't need every Desmond game remastered. Sure I'd enjoy AC2 Remastered or perhaps AC1, but 5 games is absolutely ludicrous. From Ubisoft's perspective that is a huge workload. Also pure greediness on our part, only the hardcore AC fans will be purchasing 5 games, it would be a pretty silly decision from a business standpoint. That's more than 200 hours of gameplay. Even more considering that some of you guys want new content as well.

It's like Santa Monica remastering the whole God of War series. Immediately the appeal is gone for me, there is nothing exciting about having 5 games thrown in your face at once, it's just excessive. But they didn't. They remade God of War 3, a highlight of the series. The same applies to Ubisoft in my opinion. AC2 would get my vote for a remake/remaster. Well, thats my opinion anyway.

Sushiglutton
03-28-2015, 09:46 PM
I used to think remastering AC2 was a good idea, now I'm not sure if it's worth it. Remastering AC2 properly would be a monumental task given the so-so gameplay and not so well aged graphics. I kind of feel it's better to move forward at this point. I've played AC2 a couple of times, not that excited to go back. It was smashing when it came, not so much nowadays.

Sesheenku
03-28-2015, 10:01 PM
I used to think remastering AC2 was a good idea, now I'm not sure if it's worth it. Remastering AC2 properly would be a monumental task given the so-so gameplay and not so well aged graphics. I kind of feel it's better to move forward at this point. I've played AC2 a couple of times, not that excited to go back. It was smashing when it came, not so much nowadays.

A perfect opportunity to update it. It's still their most popular is it not?

I'm in favor of a full remake though, no matter how much time is required.

king-hailz
03-28-2015, 10:24 PM
I'd rather AC III, first. That, or the whole saga in one go.

It would be weird if they randomly release a remaster of AC3... It should definitely be ACAC1-AC3, all in one... The Desmond Saga.

Assassin_M
03-28-2015, 10:29 PM
It would be weird if they randomly release a remaster of AC3... It should definitely be ACAC1-AC3, all in one... The Desmond Saga.
That's what I said. AC III first or the whole saga.

RinoTheBouncer
03-29-2015, 01:04 AM
I'd love to have it, but I'd rather have the whole Desmond Saga. I doubt they'll "remake" anything just yet. But remasters are so popular these days and AC is a very famous and relevant franchise, so why not let the people who didn't experience the first past gen. parts or sold their past gen. consoles to enjoy the whole saga? it would be amazing. I have a PS3 and a PS4 and I still want this remaster to happen. It would be amazing to have everything on one console, one package, all the games, along with their respective DLC, remastered from any glitches and graphically enhanced, and given better resolution and frame-rate, shadows...etc.

I think anyone would love that. A lot of people miss the competitive multiplayer and remastering these games could bring this back to those who care about it, along with bringing so many players, because if you go back to play AC:B or AC:R multiplayer, you'll hardly find anyone online. So that's another positive thing for the players, unless they wanna remove it from the remasters and only have the story and story-related DLC, which I'm also cool with.