PDA

View Full Version : Time saver packs (AC: Rogue)

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 09:26 AM
Hey all, can anybody tell me how the time saver packs work? When I activate the codes, will I have position of everything revealed instantly or do I still need to perform some action ingame?

Locopells
03-27-2015, 10:24 AM
Nope, it'll be there right away - you'll still have to sync point and take over HQs/Forts to unfog the map, but all locations, collectables, and activities will already be on it.

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 10:25 AM
Thanks, good to know. That's exactly what i wanted to avoid.

Locopells
03-27-2015, 10:31 AM
I don't normally use this sorta thing myself, but I got them with the DDE version this time, and they did help avoid a lot of backtracking...

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 10:43 AM
I also got DDE but I really prefer to just go as I want and do the complete collectible sets after finishing the story or during my second playthrough. I like the exploration.

Anykeyer
03-27-2015, 10:11 PM
I dont think they take away exploring part (except for tech time saver, for some weird reason it hides the actual chests containing blueprints, so i disabled it)

Uranus888
03-28-2015, 09:30 AM
@saschia_009

If you activated the time saver packs in your Uplay Client, they will always automatically be available in every of your games.
There is a workaround to avoid this though:

Check following folders in your Assassin's Rogue folder:

Resources Pack (dlc_3)
Collectibles Pack (dlc_4)
Activities Pack (dlc_5)
Technology Pack (dlc_6)

backup the folders you don't want and delete them from the Rogue folder. Renaming the folders will not work (but renaming all the files in the folders will, I think).

I only use the Resources Pack.
For example, with the Technology Pack you will immediately get all the ship upgrades blueprints (for the Elite upgrades) and miss the fun of searching them in the game.