PDA

View Full Version : I choose Prince of Persia over Assassin's Creed. How many guys support?

Genos99
03-26-2015, 09:54 PM
I dont hate *** *** sins creed but the thing is i love prince of persia more then AC .ubisoft should take theirtime with AC development . and in mean time should consider releasing a new prince of persia game .

btw i want all AC fans to support us and sign the petition . make your friends sign it too ..please pass it guys ..we need lot of signatures

https://www.change.org/p/ubisoft-bring-back-the-prince-of-persia-franchise

AntiChrist7
03-26-2015, 10:47 PM
The real question is "how many people care"

Frag_Maniac
03-27-2015, 05:33 AM
Hell no, not quite as bad, but PoP's combat is too Souls-like and repetitious for me. I really hate games with repeat boss battles where you have to slowly wear them down. They come off as button mashers. Just look at all the complaints about the Shangri-La boss fight, even though people had it shown and explained to them it could be beaten easily, and imagine how many complaints they'd have if they had to play PoP because of no more AC.

AC isn't perfect, but it easily beats PoP. Still waiting for a worthy AC movie, following what was a better than expected PoP movie, to show that the series has it's merits despite the trash talk.

Genos99
03-27-2015, 08:27 AM
Ok then hear my personal opinion too . [ Pop movie was total ******** compared to original game . ]

see prince of persia trilogy got three game of the year titles in a row. Prince of persia had a free form style combat system which was revolutionary when it was originally released .
[dont compare it to prince of persia forgotten sands as ubisoft tried to make it more like AC...also they built it on Anvil engine .Also which part of AC comabt do you like ? ].

[AC have few good features too i agree like the big openworld , that eagle thing ,parkour ,npc's etc etc ]

AC came into existence bcuz of prince of persia . Now how can they abandon prince of persia ? They can release both AC and pop right.

Also prince of persia never had these many glitches , complaint as AC series . You say AC isnt perfect hmm i hear those same words every year

They released so many AC games ...that to year after year . ...also most of the games were built on the same core engine so its like updating textures ,meshes ,story ,tweaking engine every time for Assasssins creed game .

Compared to prince of persia , AC's development should have been easy from development perspective as what they did was just update and update and update .thats why solving one bug resulted in another . [still isnt perfect] [also it should be free if we compare the development process]

Now in AC unity they totally rewrote some code for what more bugs ? or to remove previous bugs ?

when i first played AC i was curious ? will we have any sequel ? what will the next game or the story will be like etc etc
Now the story is taking total side track. Also it even crossed the range of harry potter no:of sequels and still no proper ending for the story it started . [initial players must have felt total stupid]

Why dont they atleast make it like a standalone story ha ? isnt perfect even after these many years . this should be considered as a failure. [at the end it all comes down to money ]

Outoftopic :- This is what happen to desmond ..hehe i made it funny right . Ubisoft killed desmond miles

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-xaf1/v/t1.0-9/385583_308971175885985_1358634085_n.jpg?oh=8565334 6908ca153127865f9285a2157&oe=55B05181&__gda__=1437032016_c550dc8d523edb4f13c1a0b04f87c2f 3

sanceman
03-27-2015, 11:12 AM
Well I think that no sane human being would say that AC is better than PoP, I mean just look at Sands of Time: that game is perfect. The story, the mechanics, the art design, the characters, everything is just top quality while AC is kinda all around the place becuase of the bigger scale and the yearly releases. Even the best AC game, AC2 had its downtimes, some parts of it were just weak while others were great.

Personally all I can say is that I haven't bought an AC game in the last 3 years because I'm so bored of it at this point there is nothing that could bring me back to that series. Since AC3 the franchise has become such a mechanically shallow experience that it's a miracle I never fell asleep while playing it. Nothing has depth in AC, nothing, even the combat is boring as hell. How on Earth is it possible that THE COMBAT of all things is BORING in an action-adventure title? :D I really liked AC at first: the first game was mediocre but felt quite fresh and the setting was interesting, the second one was a huge improvment and the best title in the series without a doubt, Brotherhood was a great expansion to AC2 and Revelations provided a nice change of scenery and a fitting end to Ezio's story. Then AC3 came and again we got a mediocre title: I really liked the story and Connor but the game was just not up there and the already quite dated and flawed combat system got even more boring instead of the promised upgrade.

On the other hand I'm starving for a new PoP, it's time for a comeback. I want to solve puzzles, I'd like to see challenging and varied platforming and good combat and well-designed levels instead of boring sandboxes that all feel the same. I think Ubi should dust off PoP 2008, upgrade its graphics, fine tune its gameply (make it harder and more varied) release it on current gen consoles and on PC (because PC users didn't get the DLC originally) running in 1080p / 60 fps and just see how it goes. In my opinion PoP games did not really stick to the market in the last generation because on consoles both PoP 2008 and Forgotten Sands ran at 30 fps while the flow and fuidity of PoP really shines at 60 like the PS2 era games did.

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 11:28 AM
Guys, this is AC forum. People come here because they like AC. If you don't like it, it's absolutely OK, but coming here telling us that our favorite game is **** compared to your favorite game? Sorry. I have nothing against Ubi developing new PoP games, but I will never tell them to do it instead of AC, just as I would never ask them to do AC instead of PoP. It it entirely their decision whether they are going to focus on one of the games only or on both. If only one, then I prefer AC, but that's my personal preference and I do not feel entitled to push it on anyone.

Rinofuri
03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Its just not fair to us POP fans,5 years waiting for the new Prince of Persia game.
AC fans get what they want every year,and POP fans just waiting and being ignored by: Ubisoft.
So please sign the Petition tnx.
We love Prince of Persia game so please we just need support.

sanceman
03-27-2015, 12:59 PM
Guys, this is AC forum. People come here because they like AC. If you don't like it, it's absolutely OK, but coming here telling us that our favorite game is **** compared to your favorite game? Sorry. I have nothing against Ubi developing new PoP games, but I will never tell them to do it instead of AC, just as I would never ask them to do AC instead of PoP. It it entirely their decision whether they are going to focus on one of the games only or on both. If only one, then I prefer AC, but that's my personal preference and I do not feel entitled to push it on anyone.
Hey, it's absolutely possible I'm just missing the point of AC but just let me ask a question: how can you play the same game over and over again every year? I think nobody's saying that Ubi should leave AC and just go with PoP: why can't we have both? I'd love to play an AC game that is actually interesting, innovative and good, I'm just not getting that since AC 2 and I really think that making AC an annual series is the worst company decision ever because while it's great financially for a limited time the IP will just wear out if this continues to go on, in fact it already wore out for me.

So don't try to turn this into a "we hate your game, give us our game" discussion because there is no point to that frankly and you just simplifiy an issue that plagues both franchises. The point is that since 2007 we got 8, let me repeat, EIGHT AC games! Enough is enough, let that franchise find its way again and be great. I want to love both franchises but the fact (yes, it's a fact at this point, look at AC3's, Rogue's and Unity's reviews) is that AC lost its touch when it comes to overall quality and frankly there are enough good games in the market that prevents me from playing the same boring sandbox game every single year. Hell, Black Flag only got away with its archaic core gameplay because they turned it into a pirate game! :D

I don't support this business model just like I didn't prefer that we got 3 PoP games in 3 years because while Warrior Within and Two Thrones were good games they lacked the overall high polish of Sands of Time, they were a bit rough around the edges, WW even had its fair share of game breaking bugs. I also don't agree with Ubi's decision of leaving PoP 2008 behind after it didn't bring in the expected 3 million copies, instead of learning from their mistakes and creating an improved sequel like they did with AC2 they just wrote the franchise off. Sometimes you don't break the bank with a new release, that's how business goes but PoP 2008 was still successful enough to become a cult classic and gather a large following so moving forward with a sequel would have been an obvious decision. Nope, instead of that Ubi wanted to cash in on the movie so they rushed Forgotten Sands and the end result's mediocrity spoke for itself even in sales numbers.

The point is that the PoP franchise was mistreated and Ubi never arrived to the logical conclusion that it was not the IP that failed but Ubi in properly developing and marketing PoP titles. They are doing the same stuff with AC and after milking it dry they will just leave it in the dust like "it's nobody's fault, AC just got tired." PoP has a place in Ubi's portfolio just like AC does and the return of PoP if successful could ensure that both franchises stay relevant for a long time. I don't hate AC, I used to love it, I just hate what is has turned into and I really ****in' hate when Ubi says stuff like "we are not doing PoP right now because PoP fans are playing AC now." No, Ubisoft, the correct conclusion is that PoP fans USED TO play AC, now they are just waiting for a proper game in the genre and if they don't find it they just go play other games like Darksiders, Castlevania, the Arkham series or Shadow of Mordor because those titles are somewhat similar yet they provide a deeper experience than AC. The truth is however that the interest for quality 3D platformers never went away, customers are just waiting for its return while companies already buried them six feet under.

It's not the first time something like this happened, it's enough to look at the survival horror genre: Capcom made lackluster sequels to Resident Evil so they changed it into an action game becase "hey, it looks like noone wants to play survival horror anymore" and then the remake to RE1 launches and becomes one of the highest selling digital titles ever. The interest was there all along, they just didn't realize it.

At the end my message to AC fans is to remember this comment when this year "Assassin's Creed 9" comes out and again it will have a great premise like Unity had with its French Revolution setting, again it will be a collection of good design ideas that all fall apart when it comes to the big picture, Unity's bad reception and the bad reviews will hurt its sales and then Ubi will just release a statement that says "well, AC is tired, we're putting it on hiatus but be sure to chek out Far Cry 5!" If Ubi continues doing this then at one point one AC episode will go down as one of the biggest flops in gaming history that could bring down the whole company with it.

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 01:28 PM
Hey, it's absolutely possible I'm just missing the point of AC but just let me ask a question: how can you play the same game over and over again every year? I think nobody's saying that Ubi should leave AC and just go with PoP: why can't we have both? I'd love to play an AC game that is actually interesting, innovative and good, I'm just not getting that since AC 2 and I really think that making AC an annual series is the worst company decision ever because while it's great financially for a limited time the IP will just wear out if this continues to go on, in fact it already wore out for me.

Well, first it is not the same game every year. There is a story in it, the story is also outside of the game (books, comics, AC:Initiates when they were working...). Second - the game costs around one tenth of my monthly income, so I am only buying a game I can play long enough to get my money worth, it means it not only takes long time to finish, but I also have fun re-plaing it several times. I don't play for the game mechanics, I play for the story and its narrative. The same way I can read a book several times, how I can read a series of books by the same author about the same person - they are a lot of time very similar in some aspects, but what is new is what happened there, and it is new in every AC game.

So don't try to turn this into a "we hate your game, give us our game" discussion because there is no point to that frankly and you just simplifiy an issue that plagues both franchises. The point is that since 2007 we got 8, let me repeat, EIGHT AC games! Enough is enough, let that franchise find its way again and be great. I want to love both franchises but the fact (yes, it's a fact at this point, look at AC3's, Rogue's and Unity's reviews) is that AC lost its touch when it comes to overall quality and frankly there are enough good games in the market that prevents me from playing the same boring sandbox game every single year. Hell, Black Flag only got away with its archaic core gameplay because they turned it into a pirate game! :D

Here I cannot agree with you. I have limited budget, so I do not buy game I am tired with. So yeah, I feel your pain when it comes to not getting your favorite game, but what i could tell you is go ask for support from other franchises. Selfish of me perhaps, but I think you are crying on the wrong grave. Be vocal to Ubi, tell them you want PoP and you are willing to buy it, be active in community development, and yes, you may get a lot of AC people that have enough money to also buy PoP if it comes out. But don't tell me I had enough games and now it's your turn.

I don't support this business model just like I didn't prefer that we got 3 PoP games in 3 years because while Warrior Within and Two Thrones were good games they lacked the overall high polish of Sands of Time, they were a bit rough around the edges, WW even had its fair share of game breaking bugs. I also don't agree with Ubi's decision of leaving PoP 2008 behind after it didn't bring in the expected 3 million copies, instead of learning from their mistakes and creating an improved sequel like they did with AC2 they just wrote the franchise off. Sometimes you don't break the bank with a new release, that's how business goes but PoP 2008 was still successful enough to become a cult classic and gather a large following so moving forward with a sequel would have been an obvious decision. Nope, instead of that Ubi wanted to cash in on the movie so they rushed Forgotten Sands and the end result's mediocrity spoke for itself even in sales numbers.

Abandoning a game that did not sell well is a valid business point, now the question is why didn't it sell and how they should be sure the people will buy enough PoP to make it profitable. So this again needs you, the fans, to be active, to show yourselves to Ubi. I am not sure if they will listen - they are not listening for now to those of us that would like to have another game or at least a small something with Connor, but maybe you'll get lucky, and I wish you success.

The point is that the PoP franchise was mistreated and Ubi never arrived to the logical conclusion that it was not the IP that failed but Ubi in properly developing and marketing PoP titles. They are doing the same stuff with AC and after milking it dry they will just leave it in the dust like "it's nobody's fault, AC just got tired." PoP has a place in Ubi's portfolio just like AC does and the return of PoP if successful could ensure that both franchises stay relevant for a long time.

You may be right here, although I hope AC will not tire too soon :) after all, the story has so many places to go, and it is the story that matters. Are there any writers that worked on the PoP and would like to do it again? Are there any writers in UBI that are doing something else but they would like to do PoP instead? If yes, talk to them, make interviews, let them see that they have your support, they may be the ones that will pitch the subject to the decision makers and be successfull. For that kind of thing you may find support here too, just please, really stop saying there is enough of AC, because the isn't.

sanceman
03-27-2015, 02:08 PM
Well, sadly trying to communicate with Ubi is an impossible mission, trust me, there are a lot of people who tried and we are not even short on ideas when it comes to the question of "what the next PoP game should be." Also people are mostly open to change as the PoP series has a lot of different iterations. The general problem with discussions is that Ubi always wanted PoP to be bigger and they could never succeed in that department: SoT is a timeless classic but its sales were not extremely huge so Ubi started experimenting with different design ideas (yes, 12 years ago they actually did things like that instead of putting out the same "Ubisoft game" 4 times a year) not everyone agreed with so they could never achieve the higher sales numbers they wanted. If you release a PoP game you'll sell around 2 million copies at this point, that pretty much always was the case since Ubi took over the franchise.

In my opinion 2 million copies should be more than enough for a niche genre that is the 3D platformer yet it's never enough for Ubi and they always wanted to force PoP into the AAA market where frankly it doesn't belong to by today's standards. I think at its core PoP really shines when it's a story-driven hardcore platformer / fighting game with the emphasis being on platforming and the story. That concept works in 3D and in 2D so if you ask me the next PoP should be made on a tigher budget where 2 million copies means a solid success. That could be achieved in a 2D metroidvania style game or even in a 3D platformer because the Anvil engine really came a long way since AC1 and PoP 2008 so even designing highly detailed 3D environments should be a streamlined process these days. The point is that while I think that PoP will never be the huge AAA blockbuster AC has become when it comes to steadily bringing in a solid amount of sales it's one of the strongest IPs on the market. If you calculate the game budget well then it's practically impossible to release a PoP game that will flop because it has 25 year legacy.

As for AC's story I frankly lost interest in it at the end of AC3 after I saw where they went with it in Black Flag. In my opinion AC worked as an annual release until it really had to the feeling of getting the next season in a huge, epic story. That was lost when Desmond's storyline didn't really deliver the promise of being something huge and since then the present day storyline became so weak that it barely holds the series together.

saschia_009
03-27-2015, 02:18 PM
Well I don't have much to say to that. Yes it is always pity when a company is trying to deliver to the widest audience possible. I still am not tired of AC storyline, and especially now when AC:Rogue is putting together (as a side content) the events of Liberation, AC3, Black Flag, Freedom Cry, Initiates and Unity. Yes, I would like to have more story, but as you can see from other threads, other people want big cities, difficult combat with high variability of customization and high level of graphical detail which is hard to program and therefore requires lots of copies to sell to become profitable. Therefore - trying to deliver to a wide audience.

Genos99
03-27-2015, 10:46 PM
@saschia_009 i really like how they improved the game from AC1 to unity .so im not saying to stop AC .

Im saying that please dont neglect pop for AC. Really it is happening back of the walls . its happening . it has been 5 year without new game & 7 years without 2008 sequel . Mean while they ported all pop game features into AC .

Some game fans prefer AC while others prefer pop . im not trying to prove which game is good . just we want support . You guys can love AC but can atleast support pop right ?

strigoi1958
03-28-2015, 12:36 AM
The problem is http://www.vgchartz.com/gamedb/?name=prince+of+persia every pop title on every platform combined had less sales than AC3 which is considered by many as the least popular AC game...

I think Ubi are not prepared to spend money and time on a game that sells in such small numbers... unless you could think of a way to make it financially viable, I cannot see it happening, sorry. I think you'd have to get a petition where every signatory pledges $100 towards a limited copy like an early starter package.... or a kickstarter type thing and when Ubi had enough pledges to see it might be worth the risk, they'd make it... but when people are ask to put up their own money I think the numbers would dwindle even more. :(

Frag_Maniac
03-28-2015, 01:19 AM
I was introduced/lured into PoP by way of Sands of Time. There was just enough intrigue in the story, platforming, artwork, and level design for me to give it a try. What annoyed me first was not the button mash boss fights, but the lack of well placed checkpoints even when platforming. Often times if you didn't nail a climb just right, you had to go all the way back to the start of the climb sequence. This had been more forgivable if they'd had optional on screen prompts as a platforming tutorial for those new to the series, like AC does. Mind you this is coming from someone that feels TR Anniversary and it's platforming segments is the best game in the TR franchise. The platforming there is within reason though.

The boss fights are self explanatory. I've seen even those on console, whom claim it's made for gamepad, not a button masher, etc, etc, frantically working their gamepads whilst playing. I've also played a bit of PoP 2008 and Forgotten Sands. Didn't even want to finish either one. Just the fact that they've gone from using various methods of saving you from death be it rewinds or Elika's spirit lifting you back up, shows that the game is a bit over the top, and it didn't have to be.

It is what it is, a game that had great potential, wasted on frustrating, repetitive gameplay elements. Like I said, I didn't play the older titles, so I have no idea whether their content should have been included in the movie, but my take on the film was that it used a micro semblage of bits from the most popular games, and tried to avoid the pitfalls that kept the others from being as popular. It's not a fantastic movie, just better than I expected after trying a few of the games.

Truth be told, I'd fully support PoP If they softened the hard edged platforming (or had better checkpoints), and lessened the tedium of the boss fights, some of which could also use checkpoints for each level you weaken them to. I'd also prefer at least SOME boss fights that have optional environmental object interaction, vs forcing you to string combos and/or special powers together. It comes off feeling like a fighter game. I want my action adventure games to play more creatively, and less like a cheap combat arena affair.

Genos99
03-28-2015, 02:07 PM
Most prince of persia games are standalone [ even the trilogy feels standalone bcuz of environment ]...
i suggest you to play warrior within . you might like it. totally dark setting. with Excellent Background MUSIC [pop games are difficult this one is just too much] . i like that heart pumping feel when dhaka chases prince.i felt like my heart jumping out of my body[its been over 8 years ha what a feel it was my 1st pop game] next comes sands of time next two thrones .

Free form fighting style in prince of persia warrior with is the highlight of the game

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PHgGfsZN-5I

Also complex story with two endings this game has everything .Magic sword .Sand wrath time powers . You have to definitely try and say your opinion .

from installation to ending credits ...you get to hear lot of music . in pop games ...its just superb . !!! brilliant

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=c1potMUPsJI

New pop games are based on anvil engine . They are using AC game engine which was made for AC . i dont understand why they wont create exclusive engine for pop games . different needs for different games right ?

I dont like assassins creed combat mechanism . so they implemented something like this in pop forgotten sands . it felt like prince was total static [he wasnt able to fight smoothly ]

Now when we buy this game and start playing they give AC skins as unlockables . i have seen this in pop 2008 , forgotten sands.btw do AC games have prince of persia skins ?

http://i57.tinypic.com/2crltfk.jpg

Frag_Maniac
03-28-2015, 11:43 PM
Well, yeah, AC is now their cash cow, so Ubi focuses mostly on that. As far as the older PoP titles go, unfortunately I'm very addicted to modern graphics, so it's very hard for me to want to go back that far.

alwaysnarnar
03-29-2015, 05:50 AM
Pop movie vs AC movie -- what's your opinion on the Pop adaptation & do you think the AC movie will fare any different/better/worse? (Would you see it?)

Hardcore gamer vs Fanboy Troll. -- what constitutes the difference? Is there a difference? Who is more openly critical of Ubi's actions? (Sry... newb question, I know..)

Casual Gamer vs Hardcore gamer -- who do you think will be more positively inclined to AC movie marketing via social media, etc.?

What are your primary concerns in seeing an AC movie come to fruition? (staying true to AC ethos & mythology, look & feel etc.?)

What does Ubi need to do to make AC the next Dark Knight?

Do video game adaptations stand a chance against Superhero franchises?

Backstory here: I love AC (I've played each major release since its inception) & I want to work in entertainment, so I've chosen to do a PR/social media/marketing plan for the upcoming AC movie, as my final project for grad school. (It's essentially a 40pg research paper). I'd really appreciate any feedback you guys can offer to help me along. Thanks so much!

Cheers,

alwaysnarnar

http://images5.fanpop.com/image/photos/29300000/Leonardo-And-Piece-Of-Eden-assassins-creed-29321159-500-281.png

Genos99
03-29-2015, 10:14 AM
Video Games Vs Hollywood ??? !! Both are different categories in entertainment .Also most movie watchers may not be even gamers

what troll ha ? you mean people who arent fans of AC who just joke over AC are troll ? hmm see the bigger picture . AC isnt even the best game out there . So lot of fans of other games will judge this movie with pointless unrelated stuff .

Hardcore gamers will be positively inclined to AC movie marketing [but if the movie flop it totally backfires ]..
Casual gamers feel more curious then hardcore gamers .

Yes movies should stay true to AC games but it is really tough to pack 10-12 hours of game play in one and half to two and half hours [how can anyone show everything even from a single part ? ]

To make AC the net dark night you need good story script and actors . in dark knight ....heath ledger did a outstanding job .movie was super hit bcuz of his acting no doubt .

yes i think video games stand a chance with superhero franchises[cartoon anime games all are similar for most people ...only difference is we can play a video game , we can control hero ] .

Super hero based movies can alter stories fans wont even notice in the first place [they can bring more characters etc etc] , that is a big advantage for them i mean look soo many super hero comics stories ....they can choose any specific part and change it easily .

Video game movies are different . we need to start from part one and move forward . Deviating from story will make lot of problems and confusions. [some times fans dont like it ] Also quality of visuals ,computer graphics improved a lot in past few years so AC movie must focus a lot in this area.
[except in animus when stuck ,during animus glitches..sequence changes.. i dont see other places where they can use graphics. AC movie should manage a lot compared to marvel movies ]

alwaysnarnar
03-29-2015, 09:23 PM
Video Games Vs Hollywood ??? !! Both are different categories in entertainment .Also most movie watchers may not be even gamers

what troll ha ? you mean people who arent fans of AC who just joke over AC are troll ? hmm see the bigger picture . AC isnt even the best game out there . So lot of fans of other games will judge this movie with pointless unrelated stuff .

Hardcore gamers will be positively inclined to AC movie marketing [but if the movie flop it totally backfires ]..
Casual gamers feel more curious then hardcore gamers .

Yes movies should stay true to AC games but it is really tough to pack 10-12 hours of game play in one and half to two and half hours [how can anyone show everything even from a single part ? ]

To make AC the net dark night you need good story script and actors . in dark knight ....heath ledger did a outstanding job .movie was super hit bcuz of his acting no doubt .

yes i think video games stand a chance with superhero franchises[cartoon anime games all are similar for most people ...only difference is we can play a video game , we can control hero ] .

anyway you just diverted me from topic ...hahahuha

Thank you so much, virajith! This is very helpful.

Cheers,

alwaysnarnar

http://media.tumblr.com/e36ca1319e61a4b58edf786ce5ab7e83/tumblr_inline_mj90b5wWcR1qz4rgp.gif

Genos99
03-29-2015, 09:37 PM
btw re editied the above post you can check ...i totally forgot that point !!! its every every important

alwaysnarnar
03-29-2015, 09:43 PM
btw re editied the above post you can check ...i totally forgot that point !!! its every every important

Just saw it--thank you for the input!

Cheers,

alwaysnarnar

http://static.gamesradar.com/images/mb/GamesRadar/us/Games/A/Assassins%20Creed%20Brotherhood/Everything%20else/Da%20Vinci%20Disappearance%20review/davinci--article_image.jpg