PDA

View Full Version : Rogue - Bonus Objectives

Wintermist
03-24-2015, 11:20 PM
So I'm wondering, would I miss out on anything if I didn't do all the bonus objectives? Do I miss some story at the end? Something like that?

Frag_Maniac
03-25-2015, 04:57 AM
Very doubtful. Optional objectives in AC have always been nothing more than offering a bit more tactical challenge. In fact it seems to often be more to showcase certain design features and equipment (such as rope darts) more than anything. Just an added dimension to the missions really.

The only thing that bothers me is in the latter AC games it seems to be harder to keep track of what the optional objectives are. Sometimes at mission start you'll not see any. Sometimes you will but they'll add other ones without showing them onscreen. Sometimes I forget to pause game and look at the mission description to see if any have been added.

I don't recall the older AC titles doing this. It makes me wonder if as the series has aged they're coming up with somewhat suspect ways to influence you into thinking there's more play time/replay value in the newer installments. I find it infuriating at times, like I've been cheap shotted.

Alphacos007
03-25-2015, 03:00 PM
Nope, you loose absolutely nothing. As the name says, those are just some optional objectives, to make the mission more challenging if you want to.

Wintermist
03-30-2015, 12:49 PM
Thanks, then I can relax. I was scared I would miss out. The optional objectes just seem like a chore when I just want to get on with the mission.