PDA

View Full Version : ***hosting problem with a router ***

BozoMaddog
09-11-2003, 12:35 AM
We all need to call or email them if it to be FIX!!!!

THX /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Response (Chris) - 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Frank,

We've checked the message boards for IL2 Hosting an aside from you, only 1 other person has reported this same problem. If you have contact info for these other people that are sharing this problem, then please ask them to email us from our support site and include their 'dxdiag' information along with their type of router. We will have a support rep post a similar request on the message boards for people having this problem. I would also like to point out that, nothing on UBI.com has changed since the last update (long before the 1.1b patch was released) and the only thing to change was the patch. Because of this, I seriously doubt that the fault lies with UBI.com. Thank you for contacting us regarding this.

Chris

Customer (Entered by Chris) - 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Frank

IL2 FB
Since the 1.1b patch, we can't host games over UBI unless we don't use the Router but we used to be able to host just fine.

Using D-Link Router with Comcast Cable Modem (using latest router drivers)

I have no problems at all hosting a game on HyperLobby. Before I installed the 1.1b patch, I had problems with my server showing on the list of servers sometimes even though people would be connected and playing on it.

I have been contacted from over 80 other IL2:FB players by email that have the same problem.

Question Reference #030911-000017
---------------------------------------------------------------
Select Product: Ubi.com Accounts / Game Service
Title: IL2-Sturmovik
Category: Multiplayer
Contact Information: bozo2@teleport.com
Date Created: 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Last Updated: 09/10/2003 06:54 PM

Thank you for contacting Ubi Soft Technical support.

Chris
Ubi Soft Technical Support

BozoMaddog
09-11-2003, 12:35 AM
We all need to call or email them if it to be FIX!!!!

THX /i/smilies/16x16_smiley-happy.gif

Response (Chris) - 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Frank,

We've checked the message boards for IL2 Hosting an aside from you, only 1 other person has reported this same problem. If you have contact info for these other people that are sharing this problem, then please ask them to email us from our support site and include their 'dxdiag' information along with their type of router. We will have a support rep post a similar request on the message boards for people having this problem. I would also like to point out that, nothing on UBI.com has changed since the last update (long before the 1.1b patch was released) and the only thing to change was the patch. Because of this, I seriously doubt that the fault lies with UBI.com. Thank you for contacting us regarding this.

Chris

Customer (Entered by Chris) - 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Frank

IL2 FB
Since the 1.1b patch, we can't host games over UBI unless we don't use the Router but we used to be able to host just fine.

Using D-Link Router with Comcast Cable Modem (using latest router drivers)

I have no problems at all hosting a game on HyperLobby. Before I installed the 1.1b patch, I had problems with my server showing on the list of servers sometimes even though people would be connected and playing on it.

I have been contacted from over 80 other IL2:FB players by email that have the same problem.

Question Reference #030911-000017
---------------------------------------------------------------
Select Product: Ubi.com Accounts / Game Service
Title: IL2-Sturmovik
Category: Multiplayer
Contact Information: bozo2@teleport.com
Date Created: 09/10/2003 06:54 PM
Last Updated: 09/10/2003 06:54 PM

Thank you for contacting Ubi Soft Technical support.

Chris
Ubi Soft Technical Support

XyZspineZyX
09-11-2003, 07:50 AM
WHich email-adress do they have now ?

Problem:
Hosting by creating Rooms in UBI doesn't work since FB 1.1b.
Worked perfect with 1.0
I can still host but only if I startup game, create the Game, switch bakc in task and announce my outward IP (all ports are mapped correctly).
As long people join from in the game it works. If trying to join with UBI SW they get timeouts (seems as if the wrong IP is announced to the outside...).

Used ROuter: LinksSys BEFSR41W

Can you send me their email adress so I can resend this. Don't want to send this to the wrong adress. Thx in advance...

BozoMaddog
09-11-2003, 09:20 AM
support@ubisoft.com