PDA

View Full Version : Question about redeeming codes through Uplay and Steam

RapidNinja42
03-23-2015, 03:58 AM
Before i go on, let me just say this is plainly out of curiosity and the fact that no one (to my knowledge) has ever asked this before. Today, a friend of mine sent me a link to the amazon store page of Unity. It was on sale for 20 bucks and while I was thinking about buying it, I was worried that if I ever wanted to buy it on steam, I wouldn't be able to as there would already be a copy of the game registered to my account on Uplay. so the question I have is would I still be able to activate my product key given to me here on steam if the game was already registered to my uplay account? Thanks in advance! :)

YazX_
03-23-2015, 01:53 PM
i believe it would activate just fine since steam version of the game is considered a totally different game than UPlay version, however, to be sure ill PM AC_MAKO since he has done this and can confirm it.

Alphacos007
03-23-2015, 02:19 PM
Yes, the Uplay version and the Steam version are treated separately. If you buy both if you want. You'll then have 2 AC Unity registered to your Uplay account.

Anykeyer
03-23-2015, 02:21 PM
I have only one version of Unity but I can still confirm that as usual you'll have 2 separate games. There are multiple games called Unity (Uplay regions + Steam) in Uplay ID list, and all of them would count as separate games. Im not sure (bc I dont know for sure if Unity still encrypts saves with game's cdkey) but its likely that you also wont be able transfer your save games from one Unity to another. Through every DLC/ULC, achievement and Uplay Action/Reward would be automatically shared between all of them.

YazX_
03-23-2015, 02:57 PM
I have only one version of Unity but I can still confirm that as usual you'll have 2 separate games. There are multiple games called Unity (Uplay regions + Steam) in Uplay ID list, and all of them would count as separate games. Im not sure (bc I dont know for sure if Unity still encrypts saves with game's cdkey) but its likely that you also wont be able transfer your save games from one Unity to another. Through every DLC/ULC, achievement and Uplay Action/Reward would be automatically shared between all of them.

Thanks for feedback, please note that Unity uses Account ID for encrypting saves, so i believe this wont be a problem between two games since its unlike AC4 using CD Key, right?

RapidNinja42
03-24-2015, 07:14 AM

Thank you for clearing this up for me. Much appreciated! :D