PDA

View Full Version : device Switch

SiR_SmOkE_84
03-22-2015, 09:05 PM
hi Guys,

Your Uplay ID: SiR_SmOkE_84
What version are you playing on? 3.1
Which Android version do you have installed? 4.4.2 in Samsung Galaxy S4activ
Are you playing on multiple devices? Yes, i want to Play on IPadMini iOS 8.2, Samsung Galaxy is to small...
Were you able to login to Uplay successfully? Yes

Im an lvl 28 Rider, Now i want to Play on my new iPad mini, acc uplay ok, friends still there but no dl from Server to Update lvl and Other savegame Data. The Samsung Galaxy have many probs to Play corectly.

What can i Do to Play MY acc on the new iPad?????

Ah, times and Other battles with Friends Are only for android Or iOS?

Android - Android = Ok
Android - iOS = NO
iOS - iOS = Ok

Why????????

xitooner
03-22-2015, 10:37 PM
The game doesnt support cross-platform.... server saves are separate, leaderboards are separate, bunker is separate... you can have friends from both but can only receive/send gifts to people from your own platform. RL doesnt support playing your account across both.

All of your local config/upgrades/money.progress/etc is stored on your device in a file called 'player.bin'. Theoretically, you could swap your original devices player.bin with your other platforms version, and you should be good to go (save copies of your original one just in case, of course). Thats strictly theoretical; one person posted they were successful in doing this, but I cant find the link. Your decision and consequences. :) I back up my IOS player.bin all the time; its not hard to get/replace it (no jailbreak required for instance)..

SiR_SmOkE_84
03-22-2015, 11:13 PM
The game doesnt support cross-platform.... server saves are separate, leaderboards are separate, bunker is separate... you can have friends from both but can only receive/send gifts to people from your own platform. RL doesnt support playing your account across both.

All of your local config/upgrades/money.progress/etc is stored on your device in a file called 'player.bin'. Theoretically, you could swap your original devices player.bin with your other platforms version, and you should be good to go (save copies of your original one just in case, of course). Thats strictly theoretical; one person posted they were successful in doing this, but I cant find the link. Your decision and consequences. :) I back up my IOS player.bin all the time; its not hard to get/replace it (no jailbreak required for instance)..

Oh ****, hihi. A lot of Time and Money, Boom. Stupid RL. Thanks for this exactly answer.. You are my man! Then i send the Galaxy to my girlfriend and Play it new on the iPad.

Android uplay -> SiR_SmOkE_84 Lvl28
iOS uplay -> SiR_SmOkE_84 Lvl11

Big thx to xitooner

functionten9
03-31-2015, 11:41 AM
Android uplay -> SiR_SmOkE_84 Lvl28
iOS uplay -> SiR_SmOkE_84 Lvl11

If the PLAYER.BIN file is the same on both Android & iOS devices, why have different server back ends?

People will want to upgrade & swap phones. Devs, please unify this disparity. I'd like to play on which ever device, iOS or Android based and get the latest data from my UPlay account.

posthuman2
03-31-2015, 09:20 PM
Please, somebody help me . Does anybody knows where local progress is stored on Android device. I haven't found any player.bin file on my device.

xitooner
03-31-2015, 11:56 PM
Here are the links from people who say they have moved player.bin across devices before:
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/922029-Moving-save-data-from-iOS-to-Android-!?p=10461524&viewfull=1#post10461524
http://forums.ubi.com/showthread.php/922029-Moving-save-data-from-iOS-to-Android-!?p=10235503&viewfull=1#post10235503

One thing for sure they were wrong about... you can do the IOS aspects without jailbrea (all you need is iFunBox). I havent found any info at all about how Android file data is layed out t locate the player.bin file... lots of info on how to do it for IOS though. :)